Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Earnshaw?

Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:38 pm

I don't understand why malky ain't putting him on the bench, we had no striker on the bench today and i feel that with earnie coming off the bench in and around the last 30 mins of games, that he could pop up with the few odd goal or two. He has shown it in his last game up in WBA that he still can score also last year at forest he used to come on as a sub and scored quite few from the bench. Personally i would like to see Earnie be on the bench more often just my opinion. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Earnshaw?

Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:40 pm

I thought thats why we bought him, to be able to bring on a goalscorer.

Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:57 pm

I'm quite disappointed he's not been given a chance, even for the last 10mins he could have give it ago.

Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:10 pm

Totally agree with Earnie being a super sub, but did you see him at the Palace game? He sat there looking uninterested. Didn't see him bothering to do any warm ups either. I may be wrong here as only watched it in tv, but does he I ow he ain't getting a game or is Malky not pickin him as he's slacking.

I'm gutted as thought he'd do great thing for us this year, he has still got it I think...

Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:11 pm

bleed_blue wrote:I thought thats why we bought him, to be able to bring on a goalscorer.

Earnie does not figure in Malky's plans.

Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:12 pm

Very stubborn not to have him on the bench today, a very poor decision if he isnt injured.

Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:14 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Very stubborn not to have him on the bench today, a very poor decision if he isnt injured.

Luke
I felt he should of brought Earnie on in the 2nd half at Palace.

Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:17 pm

Malky has said many times , that the way he picks his team is from the work they put in on the training ground.
He has always said if you want to get into the team let me know on the training field by the way you train,and your attitude.

Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:18 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Very stubborn not to have him on the bench today, a very poor decision if he isnt injured.

Luke
I felt he should of brought Earnie on in the 2nd half at Palace.

It was a tough one against Palace, we couldnt risk losing another goal but needed to try and get a goal ideally.

Today though to have no striker on the bench when we have Earnshaw is just silly. We had Mason and Miller on the pitch but after 70mins the opposition had seen them and knew how to handle them, earnie would have added fresh legs and something different for the defenders to think about.

He may not be in MM plans but while we are paying him he should be used. Not even DJ was that stubborn.

Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:24 pm

If he ain't gonna make the bench MM needs to let him go,one less wage and Earnie gets to play somewhere else,I just don't get it. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:29 pm

very clearly malky dont rate earnie at all,for me he would have ben perfect to brng on at palace and today to nick a goal something we all know he can do(apart from malky)

Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:10 pm

Whether Earnie's in Malky's plans or not we need a striker on the bench. If not Earnie then why not chuck a kid on the bench. Today was crying out for a striker to come from the bench in my opinion.

Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:34 pm

earnie will either score the winner against palace or the goal to get us promoted.its written in the stars

Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:45 pm

CityBlue1 wrote:I don't understand why malky ain't putting him on the bench, we had no striker on the bench today and i feel that with earnie coming off the bench in and around the last 30 mins of games, that he could pop up with the few odd goal or two. He has shown it in his last game up in WBA that he still can score also last year at forest he used to come on as a sub and scored quite few from the bench. Personally i would like to see Earnie be on the bench more often just my opinion. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

earnshaw would of scored today,
I feel for earnie and he must be gutted knowing he can do the job

Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:58 pm

I see MM similar to Gatland with Wales this world cup.

You must want to die for the cause. Has no problem with promoting youth as they are extremely loyal and will do whatever they are told because he gave them their big break.

Old Boys
Super Kev, always gave everything, fans fav.
Hudson .. Best season for us gives everything
Blake.. not much game time, I think MM thinks he is not fit enough
Whitts.. Made him centre of attention
McPhail.. Little Cameos, handy for his experiance

New boys
Taylor, Cowie, Gunnarson, Kiss, Miller, Rudy.... Fit, aggressive, willing
Mason, Ralls,- Young, fit and willing

Conway has been benched recently
Parkin was never going to a MM player

So we are left with Earnie who is not any of the above. This is why I am surprised with the talk of fancy dan wingers

Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:00 pm

Injured... spoke to earnie after game wen waiting for aron to sign summits for me.

Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:24 pm

scunny-bluebird wrote:Injured... spoke to earnie after game wen waiting for aron to sign summits for me.

Hes not injured, hes fully fit i think :ayatollah: