Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

No striker on the bench today?

Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:40 pm

Now I know with Mason we can change the formation around to put him up front but surely it would be beneficial to have Earnie on the bench today?

Team v Donny: Marshall, Blake, Taylor, Hudson, Turner, Ralls, Cowie, Whittingham, Gunnarsson, Mason, Miller.

Subs: Heaton, Kiss, Gerrard, McPhail, Conway.

Re: No striker on the bench today?

Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:42 pm

Odd not to have earnie on the bench unless he is injured or off to sign elsewhere?

Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:43 pm

Ralls again???

Fair enough he has done well, looked like the occasion got to him a bit on tuesday IMO,
would like to see Conway on and yes Earnie should be in there with Rudy out but MM knows best :D

Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:45 pm

Ralls has been playing well, would be harsh to drop him.

Also after the unjustified stick he got after the palace game no doubt MM would have had a word and said make those fans eat there words.

Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:46 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Odd not to have earnie on the bench unless he is injured or off to sign elsewhere?

Haven't heard anything about him being injured, we know Rudy is, so it really does look like Earnie is way out of favor at the moment :?:

LutonBluebird wrote:Ralls again???

Fair enough he has done well, looked like the occasion got to him a bit on tuesday IMO,
would like to see Conway on and yes Earnie should be in there with Rudy out but MM knows best :D

Probably a confidence thing mate, hopefully ralls will have a stormer today

2blue2handle wrote:Ralls has been playing well, would be harsh to drop him.

Also after the unjustified stick he got after the palace game no doubt MM would have had a word and said make those fans eat there words.

I agree :ayatollah:

Ralls has done very well IMO against Palace he was getting into positions to score which is good. Once he takes one chance then watch him ?

Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:48 pm

Ralls, deserves full support/backing. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:50 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Ralls, deserves full support/backing. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Totally agree, he's done really well in every game he's played and has earned his spot :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:51 pm

Daniel_PT_blues wrote:
LutonBluebird wrote:Ralls again???

Probably a confidence thing mate, hopefully ralls will have a stormer today

Hope your right matey!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:52 pm

it shows how weak we are numbers wise with no striker on the bench god we need new faces :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:55 pm

I'd prefer Kiss to Ralls

Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:16 pm

Ralls has done well but don't agree with putting him in the first 11, should be on the bench imo.

Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:12 pm

Mr Moo Cow wrote:I'd prefer Kiss to Ralls

Sorry i think you put "To" in the wrong place should of put it after prefer :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:11 am

if dj had done that and then we failed to score against a shit team like donny he would be absolutley slated.

Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:02 pm

Ralls is good for his age but i think Conway should be playing and earny should be on the bench

Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:18 pm

IMHO Ralls shouldn't have played in the league cup. Sure he is talented but if something wrong happens, it could scar him for life. I'd say let him play in the league and then gradually let him play bigger games when he is confident enough. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:35 pm

adz-a32 wrote:IMHO Ralls shouldn't have played in the league cup. Sure he is talented but if something wrong happens, it could scar him for life. I'd say let him play in the league and then gradually let him play bigger games when he is confident enough. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

scar him for life? its only a game of football. :?

Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:00 pm

polo wrote:
adz-a32 wrote:IMHO Ralls shouldn't have played in the league cup. Sure he is talented but if something wrong happens, it could scar him for life. I'd say let him play in the league and then gradually let him play bigger games when he is confident enough. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

It may seem like that 'it is a game of football' but IMO a bad game would affect his confidence which could lower his potental. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:04 pm

adz-a32 wrote:
polo wrote:

It may seem like that 'it is a game of football' but IMO a bad game would affect his confidence which could lower his potental. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

a soldier at war, or a serviceman at the scenevif a crime / accident may see things that would scar
them for life, but having a poor game of football? naaaaah.

Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:06 pm

polo wrote:
adz-a32 wrote:
polo wrote:

a soldier at war, or a serviceman at the scenevif a crime / accident may see things that would scar

But it would lower his confidence.

Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:07 pm

adz-a32 wrote:
polo wrote:
adz-a32 wrote:
polo wrote:

bit different 'scarring him for life'

Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:12 pm

polo wrote:
adz-a32 wrote:
polo wrote:
adz-a32 wrote:
polo wrote:

bit different 'scarring him for life'

Who knows... Maybe a bad performance might 'scar him for life'. :?