Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Swansea to be made home of Welsh football?

Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:36 am

What do you think of this fella's?
Makes perfect sense to me...

http://www.thisissouthwales.co.uk/story ... story.html

Re: Swansea to be made home of Welsh football?

Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:41 am

what a deluded tw*t

Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:43 am

No thanks.

Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:45 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Epic Fail!!!!!!!!!!

Glasgow has the biggest teams in Scotland

Rugby and Football in the Capital, kind of makes sense really....

Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:45 am

i might do a shit in a envelope and send it to

Peter Jones

Glyncollen Drive

Ynysforgan, Swansea

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:47 am

What a prick. Swansea would never be able to afford a 35- 40,000 seater stadium, theyd have to increase the capacity of the Liberty first. And theyd never fill it, not even in the Premier League.
And I think its highly unlikely that Swansea will ever become the home of Welsh football, it just wont happen

Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:49 am

"Liberty too small".

Yeah, I forgot all those sellouts last season as they strove for promotion.

Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:51 am

swansea home of welsh rejects

gained worldwide recognition after the hollywood blockbuster " the hills have eyes " was screened due to it being based on real life events within the welsh town!

Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:00 am

:lol: What a total toss pot. People dont go further west than Neath! :lol: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:08 am

cringe

Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:23 am

What that shows is just like benefit scroungers Swansea City FC have the same mentality. Get the council to build them a home and dont pay rent . Then like the benefit scrounger who sprout out kid after kid then complain there home is to small, so the council find them a bigger home. Swansea City go begging the Welsh FA to build them a bigger home for which they also wont pay rent. Swansea City a big club my arse, they are nothing but scroungers proper Gypos. But the sad thing once they leave the promised land they will be back to 13-14K a game sat inside a 40.000 arena. Anyway at the moment Wales can't even fill the Lib or CCS.
Swansea City Priceless....................Scroungers

Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:28 am

Nuclearblue wrote:What that shows is just like benefit scroungers Swansea City FC have the same mentality. Get the council to build them a home and dont pay rent . Then like the benefit scrounger who sprout out kid after kid then complain there home is to small, so the council find them a bigger home. Swansea City go begging the Welsh FA to build them a bigger home for which they also wont pay rent. Swansea City a big club my arse, they are nothing but scroungers proper Gypos. But the sad thing once they leave the promised land they will be back to 13-14K a game sat inside a 40.000 arena. Anyway at the moment Wales can't even fill the Lib or CCS.
Swansea City Priceless....................Scroungers

FACT FACT and more FACT!!!!!

Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:32 am

He seems to have misplaced that while Edinburgh is the capital, Glasgow has a much bigger population.

Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:35 am

I've got to say, as a Swans fan, it took us years to get the Liberty built, even though the Vetch was falling down around us. Anyone who thinks that they'll just stump up for a 40,000 seater stadium is barking up the wrong tree...

Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:37 am

scotsjack wrote:I've got to say, as a Swans fan, it took us years to get the Liberty built, even though the Vetch was falling down around us. Anyone who thinks that they'll just stump up for a 40,000 seater stadium is barking up the wrong tree...

I was more thinking "Barking mad" Chief !!

Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:38 am

scotsjack wrote:I've got to say, as a Swans fan, it took us years to get the Liberty built, even though the Vetch was falling down around us. Anyone who thinks that they'll just stump up for a 40,000 seater stadium is barking up the wrong tree...

a jack with reasoning. as rare as the dodo bird.

Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:44 am

Even if they did the area around swansea and south west is not as densely populated as cardiff and south east wales so it wouldnt make sense

Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:53 am

whoever wrote that article needs to go to a hospital now for mental illness :lol: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:24 am

fair play that made me :lol:

Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:13 pm

magicdaps wrote:What do you think of this fella's?

:sleepy2:

about as much sense as saying the gower is part of the town of swansea

Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:59 pm

Tell you what makes sense, you're on marijuana. Your profile name says it all! :D
Sw***ea, better than us?! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: We've twice proved we're better than you this year,
Cardiff City 2-0 Blackburn Rovers
Sw***ea 3-4 Blackburn Rovers

ALSO

Chelsea (11 men) 4-1 Cardiff
Chelsea (10 men) 4-1 Sw***ea

Even in defeat we do better than you

CARDIFF CITY FOOTBALL CLUB; THE PRIDE OF WELSH FOOTBALL

Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:16 pm

please dont put the lovely gower in the same sentence as scum city the only thing wrong with the gower is the route from wales CAPITAL city to get there :roll: RIP MD :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:34 pm

The effing tool is either an egg chasing lover or a yank because the article head say "SOCCER HERE"... Complete bellend

Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:39 pm

lostkid wrote:please dont put the lovely gower in the same sentence as scum city the only thing wrong with the gower is the route from wales CAPITAL city to get there :roll: RIP MD :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I was born in a north gower village and lived there for the first 28yrs of my life. My address ended..

Penclawdd,
Swansea,
West Glamorgan.

So you see my uneducated friend, the gower is very much a part of the city of Swansea. FACT!

Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:58 pm

magicdaps wrote:
lostkid wrote:please dont put the lovely gower in the same sentence as scum city the only thing wrong with the gower is the route from wales CAPITAL city to get there :roll: RIP MD :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I was born in a north gower village and lived there for the first 28yrs of my life. My address ended..

Penclawdd,
Swansea,
West Glamorgan.

So you see my uneducated friend, the gower is very much a part of the city of Swansea. FACT!

and THAT is your only reply to everything that has been said.. Typical, start a thread but have no arguement to back it up,so the best you can do is try and give someone a geography lesson.. Your a knob FACT

Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:59 pm

JonnieBlue wrote:
magicdaps wrote:

Penclawdd,
Swansea,
West Glamorgan.

and THAT is your only reply to everything that has been said.. Typical, start a thread but have no arguement to back it up,so the best you can do is try and give someone a geography lesson.. Your a knob FACT

excuse me YOU'RE a knob not YOUR.. before you give me a grammer lesson

Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:00 pm

Wont happen due to logistical reasons, Swansea has probably one of the worst transportation links entering the city, and the liberty isnt located in an ideal location either, with plenty of traffic jams, and road blocks causing congestions. One issues the council seems to have, is that of parking, where local retailers complain, that customers are being prevented in using the car park, specifically for retail. Forget creating money for the local economy in Swansea, your damaging it by preventing sales, where customers would shop elsewhere, and go out of town with areas like Llanelli.

I believe the likely outcome would be, to keep in Cardiff (ideal transportation links, with many train stations (i.e. local ones like Radyr, Queen Street, Llandaff - each with its own park and ride schemes and parking facilities near by) entering the city, compared to Swansea.) Furthermore, the Swansea train station is quite a long walking distance to the liberty compared to Cardiff which is virtually next door.

The only other location which could be considered contrary to Swansea or Cardiff, would be Newport, where they have to build a new stadium. Ideal since their new training ground would transfer from the Vale of Glamorgan to Celtic Manor.

Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:02 pm

magicdaps wrote:What do you think of this fella's?

IDIOT!!

Anyway, to be called the 'home' of anything requires a commitment to envelope the wider community and its cultural differences; an ability that is way way beyond the mentality of any Jack....

FACT!!

Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:10 pm

well if swansea was tobecome the home for wales then i wouldn't be going...the last game against the swiss, i missed 35minutes of the 1st half due to traffic, i left 2 hours early as well and i only live in pontypridd, so NO THANK YOU

Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:13 pm

no road network to swansea compared to cardiff.further out the way.lack of population.there,s three reasons never mind the fact that swanseas relative success has come of very late.you have a big stadiam in cardiff.its not a bad idea to play smaller friendlies around the country as england did.if the council built a all singing and dancing in swansea it.ll cost a bomb as it would need new roads etc.im sure there ,s better,more important things for the good folk of swansea to have money spent on