Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

we have a ready made winger

Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:33 pm

cast your minds back to that cup win over leeds you may recall alan corks masterstroke in playing earnie on the wing it was highlighted after by tv pundits how he had completely disrupted leeds formation.
Even when he was centre forward when he went wide he alway delivered good crosses into the box and he hasn't lost that as proved by his cross for the mason goal against wba.
I know many will say he has lost his pace but I am not sure how they know since we rarely see him now,with our lack of any decent winger would it not be a good idea to give him a try after all we may suddenly have the best goalscoring winger in the league.
I hope anyone suggesting he doesn't track back enough aren't the same ones who want kebe here

Re: we have a ready made winger

Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:36 pm

Problem is back then he had pace, now he doesnt.

As you mention he doesnt track back or indeed have the quality of Kebe

Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:00 pm

He was also spotted out on the wing against WBA last week in brief moments.
Really wish Earnie would get a chance...

Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:21 pm

Earnie is an out and out goal poacher, not a winger. I remember the Wales v Russia game and what Sparky was doing putting Earnie on as a sub on the right wing when we needed an equaliser was beyond me. We need a natural, pacey right winger of genuine quality. I wish we still had Adam Matthews, I believe he would have made this position his own under Malky this season.

Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:25 pm

Id rather see one of Taylor or Naylor on the wing than Earnie tbh

Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:41 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Problem is back then he had pace, now he doesnt.

As you mention he doesnt track back or indeed have the quality of Kebe

I ask again how do you know he has lost his pace we never get the chance to see him.
As for kebe having more quality than him I read their message board after we had beaten them and most of them seem to be of the opinion that he only shines on rare occassions and those occassions are getting rarer most reading fans seem to be of the opinion he is very Lazy and would be glad to see the back of him.
I support malkay in most things but not to have Earnie on the bench yesterday must have been a real kick in the teeth for him as has been said if gestede was fit he would have been in the side,but when you need a goal give me Earnie any day of the week

Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:44 pm

I seen him earlier this season. Do you honestly still think he has the same pace as 10 years ago :shock:

Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:54 pm

oh please.

Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:57 pm

Earnie had a field day against Ian Harte because the fellers arse went.
The Bob Bank terrorised him :lol: :lol:

Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:58 pm

taffyapple wrote:Earnie had a field day against Ian Harte because the fellers arse went.

he played as a third centre half cos he didnt wsnt to come near the bob bank. :lol:

Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:07 pm

polo wrote:
taffyapple wrote:Earnie had a field day against Ian Harte because the fellers arse went.

he played as a third centre half cos he didnt wsnt to come near the bob bank. :lol:

Factomundo