Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Car parking overnight - Cardiff central station

Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:28 pm

I see you can park overnight behind the station in the Penarth Rd Car park...would be a mid week evening.

Q - is the rear entrance to the station open through the night and early morning ?

Q- are there security cameras there and is it safe?

thanks in advance

Re: Car parking overnight - Cardiff central station

Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:56 pm

Im not sure about through the night but I get the 5.15 from there in the morning and its open then.
Its as safe as anywhere with BTP and CCTV there, I've left mine there loads of times :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:59 pm

Nickerino wrote:I see you can park overnight behind the station in the Penarth Rd Car park...would be a mid week evening.

Q - is the rear entrance to the station open through the night and early morning ?

thanks in advance

I believe the rear entrance is locked overnight, not sure about camera's but I would say that there are some unsavoury characters hovering around that area at night...ladies of the night can be seen working just up the road so obviously the pimps will be around the area as well, local alcoholics are just on the other side of the bridge as well. Not my preferred spot for overnight parking but maybe someone else has used that car park and can tell you differently.

Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:25 pm

The car park at the rear of central station [Penarth rd] is owned by Arriva Trains Wales & is operated by NCP.
There are security cameras, & also the station is locked late night until early morning.
If you park their without a pass you run the risk of a fine.

Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:45 pm

Nickerino wrote:I see you can park overnight behind the station in the Penarth Rd Car park...would be a mid week evening.

thanks in advance

You owe me a pint!!!! Gotta be at least £4.40 a go as well.

Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:50 am

Nowadays, you will find cct v cameras in every parking, basement and backyard of the stations....

Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:52 am

park at st davids centre or is it john lewis that does £1 for over night parking?

Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:37 am

Ben wrote:park at st davids centre or is it john lewis that does £1 for over night parking?

St David's, but it's gone up to £2 these days :D

Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:48 pm

Ben wrote:park at st davids centre or is it john lewis that does £1 for over night parking?

Deffo the best, the station car park is expensive as fook.