Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Palace Tickets / Big Flag?

Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:28 pm

Just thought about this - if we fail to get volunteers for the match itself (which looks most likely now), does anyone own or know the owner of a decent building near the ground or in the City Centre where it could be hung.

I'm just thinking that this flag has a 100% success rate in the semi finals where it's been displayed.

Annis - could you ask about the Ninian Pub? Off the roof / over the side perhaps??

Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:56 pm

Arfur Europe wrote:Cheers Wayne anyway. Was thinking about you yesterday as I passed the NCP on Dumfries and wondered if we got to Wembley again, whether you'd be available to get it up there if we're allowed?? Still can't work out how we flipped that over the top level :o

It was some sort of IQ test. We didn't go over the top level as it had a sort of deep pitched roof so couldn't get it over. Got there in the end. Chucked the ropes down from upper level, tied on the flag and dragged it up. Friggin heavy as well.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23947084@N ... hotostream

Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:49 pm

I'm more than happy to give a hand tohelp set it up if we have a suitable position.

Having been under the flag, the surfing idea or just holding it up is going to be a total non starter in my opinion.
It's too bloody heavy and it's filthy

Such a shame.

Just another idea. Could we not get it on the pitch for when the teams come out onto the pitch? Group of us holding it up?

Need to have a practice setting it up and then rolling it up beforehand - we would be total laughing stock if it took 15 minutes to get it off the pitch! lol :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:32 pm

bopman wrote:I'm more than happy to give a hand tohelp set it up if we have a suitable position.

Having been under the flag, the surfing idea or just holding it up is going to be a total non starter in my opinion.
It's too bloody heavy and it's filthy

Such a shame.

Just another idea. Could we not get it on the pitch for when the teams come out onto the pitch? Group of us holding it up?

Need to have a practice setting it up and then rolling it up beforehand - we would be total laughing stock if it took 15 minutes to get it off the pitch! lol :ayatollah:

Thats exactly what I was thinking like the uefa cup sort of things before champions league matches, if we could pull that off better than anything and the bbc would pick up on it for sure :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:25 pm

The on pitch display is a no go as the club can't supply anyone to marshall this as they're all 'Operationally Active'. I'll bet there's also all sorts of H&S forms to fill in beforehand these days.

Annis - did you manage to grab a word with the Ninian Pub? Time's almost out now, but I could deliver the flag there tomoz night to at least get it displayed to maintain it's 100% semi final record