Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Palace Tickets / Big Flag?

Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:20 pm

Tickets flying out today get yours this week or miss out.

On another note can we get the famous big flag out for this game? This flag is wasted collecting dust, can it not be put up in the ground above the Canton just like the welsh flags etc? It would be great to see us with more banners like other big clubs have .............In MAILKY WE TRUST!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Palace Tickets / Big Flag?

Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:55 pm

Do you mean that huge flag that we pass along the crowd? I remember that from the Newcastle came

Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:36 pm

CFS wrote:Tickets flying out today get yours this week or miss out.

On another note can we get the famous big flag out for this game? This flag is wasted collecting dust, can it not be put up in the ground above the Canton just like the welsh flags etc? It would be great to see us with more banners like other big clubs have .............In MAILKY WE TRUST!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:40 pm

BRING BACK THE FLAG :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:56 pm

Start a 'bring back the massive flag appeal' thread!!!! :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:03 pm

I think Arfur Europe has the giant flag would be awesome to get it back out for this game, good crowd and live on the BBC great exposure. I used to surf it in the first season you need around 6 people and best option is to get in place prior to kick off at the back of the stand then it can be rolled out and passed overhead. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:05 pm

All the lads who take flag to away games should take them to this game , I'm looking for a pole for mine

Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:11 pm

The flag is an awesome idea........lets bring it out for an airing!

Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:16 pm

Never been there for the flag, but want to be there for the flag. Get it going!

Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:39 pm

I helped put the flag on the front of the car park in the centre of Cardiff with Arfur Europe. It was there for the Cup Final.

We did a recon of the stadium a few years back when we wanted it up for the Leicester Semi but it was never going to be possible for a few fans to do. Health and safety dictated that it needed to reach a certain standard which included reinforced eyelets as the wind does pick up behind the stand. We ended up putting it on the seating at the athletic stadium.

Not saying it isn't possible but it would need reinforcing and fitted by whoever stuck up the national flags. Time may be at a premium and money tight.

Crowd surfing is another matter, sure that can be sorted. Sorry to say it though lads, you'll need some practice. I don't think I've seen a decent movement of a flag across a crowd at a City game. :D

Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:04 pm

dibstours wrote:All the lads who take flag to away games should take them to this game , I'm looking for a pole for mine

isnt that racist having a pole to carry it for you. :!: :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:33 pm

Surey Annis, Carl, Vince can ask for it to be put up next to the welsh flag or the band could pass it down the canton stand, such a waste should be put up somewhere!

Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:45 pm

I think a crowd surf would be better. A lot more fun! :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:06 am

This one? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/joncandy/3 ... 827542459/

Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:03 pm

Cefnfforestbluebird wrote:I think Arfur Europe has the giant flag would be awesome to get it back out for this game, good crowd and live on the BBC great exposure. I used to surf it in the first season you need around 6 people and best option is to get in place prior to kick off at the back of the stand then it can be rolled out and passed overhead. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Cheers for the heads up on this fella!

Yeah, as Wayne S says above, if we want it fixed permantly like the Wales flags, then we'd have to follow the full club H&S process which could take hours of voluntary time (I just don't have time spare atm) and then could take weeks / months to implement.

The flag is currently in storage (not even looked at it for over a year) so will need to literally dust it off and go again :lol:

I'm more than happy for Annis (or people he knows are responsible) to meet up to collect it, and then organise it and be responsible for it on the night. Will just need a decent storage location at the stadium after the match. Send me a PM and I'll sort it.

One very important thing to remember people - this flag has a perfect 100% Semi final record after being on display for the Barnsley FA Cup game and the Leicester PO game. It didn't go to the Reading PO game!!!!

In other words - this HAS to happen!!

:ayatollah:

Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:22 pm

dibstours wrote:All the lads who take flag to away games should take them to this game , I'm looking for a pole for mine

Good Shout ! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Bring your flags and if you don't have a pole, drape it somewhere :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:28 pm

Arfur Europe wrote:
Cefnfforestbluebird wrote:I think Arfur Europe has the giant flag would be awesome to get it back out for this game, good crowd and live on the BBC great exposure. I used to surf it in the first season you need around 6 people and best option is to get in place prior to kick off at the back of the stand then it can be rolled out and passed overhead. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Yeah, as Wayne S says above, if we want it fixed permantly like the Wales flags, then we'd have to follow the full club H&S process which could take hours of voluntary time (I just don't have time spare atm) and then could take weeks / months to implement.

The flag is currently in storage (not even looked at it for over a year) so will need to literally dust it off and go again :lol:

I'm more than happy for Annis (or people he knows are responsible) to meet up to collect it, and then organise it and be responsible for it on the night. Will just need a decent storage location at the stadium after the match. Send me a PM and I'll sort it.

One very important thing to remember people - this flag has a perfect 100% Semi final record after being on display for the Barnsley FA Cup game and the Leicester PO game. It didn't go to the Reading PO game!!!!

Would defo be the time to re surface the flag would put that palace ultra display to bed. We must have a small group of fans who could contact arfur to get the flag etc, The trust were fine with storing in their office to avoid it being taken home and inconveniencing people. Anyone in the family stand with a couple of mates , Any stand it being unfurled would be fantastic

Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:38 pm

Cefnfforestbluebird wrote:
Arfur Europe wrote:

Would defo be the time to re surface the flag would put that palace ultra display to bed. We must have a small group of fans who could contact arfur to get the flag etc, The trust were fine with storing in their office to avoid it being taken home and inconveniencing people. Anyone in the family stand with a couple of mates , Any stand it being unfurled would be fantastic

Get Big George to surf it in the away end, Palace fans want know till its up. :lol:

Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:15 pm

Who actually owns the flag?? :?

Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:22 pm

Cefnfforestbluebird wrote:
Arfur Europe wrote:

Agreed! It would look awesome and needs the chance to maintain it's 100% semi final record.

No PMs yet though :( This has been the case many times in the past too, unfortunately, hence why it's been stuck in storage for ages.

I remember in the very early days of it, Vince and the CCSC took it all the way to Ipswich and put it over the seats :lol:

Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:05 pm

can we arfur europes avatar as a flag. :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:44 pm

cmon surely someone has a group together who can surf this, trust, vince alm etc ??? :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:00 pm

Cefnfforestbluebird wrote:cmon surely someone has a group together who can surf this, trust, vince alm etc ??? :ayatollah:

No PMs :(

Plenty of time yet though - I'm sure this forum will come up trumps

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:04 pm

I have never understood why the flag can't go in the 'dead area' in the corners between W9 (the Grandstand) & N10 (canton stand). This would be straight in front of the away fans.

Don't think this area is used for anything, currently has some sort of goal/penalty competition set up there. Looks like it could be attached reasonably easily, but would cover up the CMB advert. Surely Steve Borley wouldn't mind just for this game?

It's too bloody heavy and awkward to do a 'surf' over the crowd and ends up looking pathetic when we have tried

Lots of us put money into buying the thing so seems a shame not to use it. flag cost us

Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:00 pm

bopman wrote:I have never understood why the flag can't go in the 'dead area' in the corners between W9 (the Grandstand) & N10 (canton stand). This would be straight in front of the away fans.

Don't think this area is used for anything, currently has some sort of goal/penalty competition set up there. Looks like it could be attached reasonably easily, but would cover up the CMB advert. Surely Steve Borley wouldn't mind just for this game?

It's too bloody heavy and awkward to do a 'surf' over the crowd and ends up looking pathetic when we have tried

Lots of us put money into buying the thing so seems a shame not to use it. flag cost us

Good idea that. I agree that it looks best when 'fixed' and not surfed. If I get chance, I'll ask Wayne Nash again about a one off location for this match only. Problem with seating is that this game is likely to be a sell out.

Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:18 pm

How about put it behind the Ninian. Up next to the commentary stand or something. Also how big is it? Because if its not too big it could go on the corner between canton and the grandstand over the GMB sign (Not the one mentioned above) where they usually put the training posts http://www.flickr.com/photos/joncandy/3812995356/

Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:55 am

Still no volunteers lads, and time is severely against us now :( :( :(

ANYONE WILLING TO TAKE CHARGE OF THE FLAG FOR TUES, DROP ME A PM ASAP, CHEERS!!!

Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:12 pm

Arfur Europe wrote:Still no volunteers lads, and time is severely against us now :( :( :(

ANYONE WILLING TO TAKE CHARGE OF THE FLAG FOR TUES, DROP ME A PM ASAP, CHEERS!!!

Can't oblige this time Arfur. Can't even go to the game, but it is my daughter's birthday. I'm in the Family Stand or Premier Seating nowadays, doubt they'd let me surf it up there. :D

As I mentioned and as Jon Candy's picture proves, we have a poor record of decent flag surfing anyway. ;)

Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:15 pm

Wayne S wrote:
Arfur Europe wrote:Still no volunteers lads, and time is severely against us now :( :( :(

Can't oblige this time Arfur. Can't even go to the game, but it is my daughter's birthday. I'm in the Family Stand or Premier Seating nowadays, doubt they'd let me surf it up there. :D

As I mentioned and as Jon Candy's picture proves, we have a poor record of decent flag surfing anyway. ;)

Cheers Wayne anyway. Was thinking about you yesterday as I passed the NCP on Dumfries and wondered if we got to Wembley again, whether you'd be available to get it up there if we're allowed?? Still can't work out how we flipped that over the top level :o

I emailed Wayne Nash earlier regarding the GMB corner mentioned above (see pic below) for draping it over and fair play to him, he got back within half an hour and explained that they sponsor the club to the tune of a fair old whack, so that answers that question.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/joncandy/3812995356/

If this is gonna happen, it will either have to be surfed (or just held still above the crowd's heads for a while). Before either though, we need volunteers.....

Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:20 pm

hirwaunbluebird wrote:

isnt that racist having a pole to carry it for you. :!: :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I'll Czech on that ;)