Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff v Spurs YOUTH cup updates

Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:24 pm

0 - 0

We've had 4 really good attempts that went close, and one of our centre backs looks VERY comfortable on the ball

Re: Cardiff v Spurs YOUTH cup updates

Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:38 pm

Spurs 2-0 up in 2 minutes. 2nd goal sparked a rather curious celebration.

Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:40 pm

:shock: :cry:

Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:41 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Spurs 2-0 up in 2 minutes. 2nd goal sparked a rather curious celebration.

Explain, :lol:

Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:11 pm

Not good, never mind.

Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:20 pm

2-1 now, still hope.

For the 2nd Spurs goal, their striker fucked up a double somersault twice.

We have a few injuries now.

Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:41 pm

Supposedly Spurs no.9, Coulibaly(sp) is an Ivorian wonderkid who cost 2 million. Shows the gulf.

Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:52 pm

Come on City :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:55 pm

FT CCFC 1 Spuds 2

Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:56 pm

Unlucky, shows the gap may not be so big??

Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:07 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Unlucky, shows the gap may not be so big??

1,300 the crowd. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:08 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

A very good crowd :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:53 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

A very good crowd :ayatollah:

I thought so. :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:02 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Supposedly Spurs no.9, Coulibaly(sp) is an Ivorian wonderkid who cost 2 million. Shows the gulf.

He wasn't very good tbh they did have one or two very good players though, Cardiff for manily first year app where decent :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:07 pm

Definitely. I thought Cardiff were the better team for large periods of the game tonight. Spurs two goals came at the end of the first half which Cardiff dominated, if it wasn't for Spurs's GK Cardiff could have gone into the break ahead.

The one that stood out the most for me was our number 5, fantastic CB and great in the air.

Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:16 pm

Billy Hunt. wrote:

Definitely. I thought Cardiff were the better team for large periods of the game tonight. Spurs two goals came at the end of the first half which Cardiff dominated, if it wasn't for Spurs's GK Cardiff could have gone into the break ahead.

The one that stood out the most for me was our number 5, fantastic CB and great in the air.
:mrgreen:
was the cb alex evans

Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:16 pm

Did Wheldon and Wildig play?

Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:19 pm

Alex Evans is signed up with the full squad and is to old to play.

CantonJack if you mean Aaron Wildig then no. Not sure about Wheldon, wasn't good with their names.

Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:22 pm

Wheldon did not play. Wharton did though. Full lineup posted later after I've eaten.

Starving

Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:24 pm

Billy Hunt. wrote:Alex Evans is signed up with the full squad and is to old to play.

CantonJack if you mean Aaron Wildig then no. Not sure about Wheldon, wasn't good with their names.

Yes he was Cardiff's number ten proberly our best player. Cardiff Centre half (5) was also outstanding, good in the air and a great talker, and he is a first year player.

:ayatollah:

Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:24 pm

Billy Hunt. wrote:Alex Evans is signed up with the full squad and is to old to play.

Whats the maximum age then? Because Alex Evans is only 18, and Malky said if Ralls wasnt involved in the first team in midweek, he would have been in they Youth Team, and he's only 18 also.
I meant Wharton, sorry, not Wheldon. Its just I know a boy called Theo Wheldon :oops:

Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:27 pm

CantonJack wrote:

Whats the maximum age then? Because Alex Evans is only 18, and Malky said if Ralls wasnt involved in the first team in midweek, he would have been in they Youth Team, and he's only 18 also

Isn't it 18 and so many months? I know that Jarvis and Farah weren't able to play last year.

Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:41 pm

Went to the youth game tonight, I wont say there is much of a gap between a premiership academy team to a championship academy team. I thought first half, Cardiff looked very bright, and were always looked the first ones to scoring.

When we conceded the first goal, which was more a less from nothing, the city heads dropped, and spurs quickly scored a second. Few changes brought back energy to the game, and City scored their second.

One player who impressed me tonight was No: 8 Tommy O'Sullivan, he seems to have plenty of time on the ball, looking for the quick runs, and holds the ball down well.

Very good attendance tonight, 1,309 I think it was. :ayatollah: