Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Selhurst Park

Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:09 pm

Now before you all have a pop at me I am 62 and been following the Bluebirds since I was a schoolboy. For all of you who still linger for Ninian Park (and it was a great ground) what a dump Selhurst Park was. No roombehind the stands for a. Drink withyour mates toilets you couldn't get in or out of. Prehistoric entry gates.

Ok so the CCS needs to build on atmosphere but give me. The facilities we now have and the safety of getting in and out in one piece.

Its up to us supporters to buildthe atmosphere its not the grounds fault.

It will be banging come the reply so bring it on upwards and onwards guys. In Malky we trust :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Selhurst Park

Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:50 pm

I usually dont agree with you, but I actually like their ground. I love old fashioned grounds.

Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:57 pm

Old fashioned grounds are the best in my opinion :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:02 pm

I love the old fashioned grounds, Hereford away one of my favs and they didn't have toilets :lol:

But I hate Selhurst Park and agree its a total dump just like the surrounding area.

Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:35 pm

I thought Selhurst and the set of Croydon was a dump

Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:17 pm

Bluebird99 wrote:I thought Selhurst and the set of Croydon was a dump

Speaking from first hand experience, Croydon's okay but Selhurst's horrible.
Crystal Palace itself, (the actual town) is alright, the area of Gypsy Hill and Norwood isn't as bad as people think.

Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:42 pm

I also prefer old grounds ,agree with the original post that its up to the fans to create the atmosphere,there are no excuses for CCS to not be a cauldron of noise next tuesday.I believe the palace fans helped an average side get the win yesterday
we need to be the 12th man

Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:06 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I usually dont agree with you, but I actually like their ground. I love old fashioned grounds.

I agree 100 per cent :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:42 pm

It was a shit hole, but a shit hole with charm and character. Atmosphere was great

Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:56 pm

jhippno wrote:It was a shit hole, but a shit hole with charm and character. Atmosphere was great

Agree with this but also agree with the OP re atmosphere at CCS - it's upto the fans to get it going and we've shown before there that we can.