Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cash in on Whitts?

Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:19 pm

Whitts stock is never going to be higher, and with all the accolades hes getting, teams are starting to target him as they know keep Whitts quiet, keep Cardiff quiet.

Maybe, just maybe if we could get one hell of a deal for him it could work in our favour.

I woudl not be advers to a swap deal with West Brom for Dorrans and Cox. Dorrans can replace Whitts and we also get a striker for free. Both were fantastic for West brom the year they went up.

just a thought.

Re: Cash in on Whitts?

Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:22 pm

polo wrote:Whitts stock is never going to be higher, and with all the accolades hes getting, teams are starting to target him as they know keep Whitts quiet, keep Cardiff quiet.

Maybe, just maybe if we could get one hell of a deal for him it could work in our favour.

I woudl not be advers to a swap deal with West Brom for Dorrans and Cox. Dorrans can replace Whitts and we also get a striker for free. Both were fantastic for West brom the year they went up.

just a thought.

every player has a price, but with £4mil, which btw we wouldnt get all of the money back, is not his price.

i wouldnt sell whitts for anything less than £5+ with malky having atleast a few signings lined up with the money.

theres no gain in sellign whitts right now, he is well under contract and will still go for the same money if not more in the summer

Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:02 pm

jezzy666 wrote:
polo wrote:Whitts stock is never going to be higher, and with all the accolades hes getting, teams are starting to target him as they know keep Whitts quiet, keep Cardiff quiet.

just a thought.

every player has a price, but with £4mil, which btw we wouldnt get all of the money back, is not his price.

i wouldnt sell whitts for anything less than £5+ with malky having atleast a few signings lined up with the money.

theres no gain in sellign whitts right now, he is well under contract and will still go for the same money if not more in the summer

Im just thinking because of the money we owe to other parties, swapping him may be better than selling.

Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:14 pm

polo wrote:
jezzy666 wrote:

just a thought.

Im just thinking because of the money we owe to other parties, swapping him may be better than selling.

id say its the lesser of the too evils if that helps? but id still rather whitts than no whitts right now

Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:14 pm

Get 5 million plus for him or 5 million plus a premiership player.
That could give us 3 class signings for a final promotion push. :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:41 pm

No. Unless a Premier League club come in with a £8m plus bid, up front, not loads of installments based on ifs, and buts, and maybes. And ONLY if Whitts himself wanted to go. We have sold far too many players in recent years. I know the financial situation, but if we are serious about improving, we need to keep our very best players. Been watching CCFC since 1968, and Whitts is as good as anyone that I can remember. If Andy Carroll (no disrespect to the lad) is worth £35m :roll: Whitts must be worth at least £10 to £15m. Silly money, I know, but if they want our best player...... :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:27 pm

a couple of seasons back and i think we would have given him away for nothing but i d definately would nt sell him now,if we went up i d then get rid i know premiership clubs are interested but i dont think he d be able to control a game at that level to the standard he does in the premiership well not constantly week in week out anyway

Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:28 pm

No sale for me

Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:35 pm

KEEP HIM I SAY but eitherway even if MM wants to keep him and so do us fans bottom line is if the owners want the money they will sell weather us or MM likes it :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:37 pm

They turned down £5m for Dorrans a while ago and Cox cost them £1.5m so can't see them being the sort of players who would be offered in part exchange.

Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:53 pm

bspark wrote:They turned down £5m for Dorrans a while ago and Cox cost them £1.5m so can't see them being the sort of players who would be offered in part exchange.

Your most likely right but things can change real quickily in football.
Remember some fans said they would drive Witts to Forest for 1m and now some people saying they would turn down 8m :shock: