Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Does Malky Have a Plan B ?

Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:02 am

So we are near half way through this transfer window and last night showed that we have quality and options all over the pitch apart from in front of goal. Roger Johnson spoke very well last night and after seeing us play in one fixture said we lacked quality up front, that aside it was nice to see that RJ still has what seemed like a soft spot for his old club.

So...........................If Malky's plans are scuppered, ie: waiting for the prem teams to do their business before he looks to sign anyone and this doesn't materialise. What then do we go without ?? If we do I feel we may have peaked this season.

Re: Does Malky Have a Plan B ?

Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:15 am

I think people are over-analysing a 1-0 defeat that could well have been a 1-1 draw that was backed by a decent performance. Not great, but decent.

Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:20 am

Zabier wrote:I think people are over-analysing a 1-0 defeat that could well have been a 1-1 draw that was backed by a decent performance. Not great, but decent.

Agree with you,we had a bit of an off night which unfortunatley happened to be in a cup semi-final
If we play anything like how we did in our last home game against Reading we should be far too strong for Crystal Palace who i thought battled very well but are not a great side by any means
I just hope super kev is fit again,he looked very good until the injury

Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:30 pm

Zabier wrote:I think people are over-analysing a 1-0 defeat that could well have been a 1-1 draw that was backed by a decent performance. Not great, but decent.

I'm afraid its the same every time we lose.

We did not play all that well, but were worthy of a 1-1 draw, away, to
a top Championship side with a mean defence

Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:53 pm

Can someone tell RJ to stop being a pundit for our games, he's bad luck! He was at the Blackpool playoff final as well :cry:

Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:00 pm

Do you know MM still has not won a game after us going 1-0 down :shock: :o :o :o

Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:10 pm

NIBluebird wrote:Do you know MM still has not won a game after us going 1-0 down :shock: :o :o :o

But tbf we havent gone 1-0 down an awfut lot

Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:39 pm

How many times had we have to come from 1-0 down tho this season? we have only lost 6 games out of 32 i think, cant blame MM for that :lol: To me we didnt deserve to lose last night, dont get why even after a decent performance people seem to still have a slagin match about the team

Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:43 pm

Totally agree actually - its all to play for MM wil have our team biting at the bit to win - BLUEEEBIRDSSSSSSSS

Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:46 pm

Some of you guys are soooooooooooooooo touchy, if you read the post carefully you will note that there is an observation about last night but the crux of the post is about lack of options up front.

Perhaps you ought to stick to posting about lack of atmosphere, standing instead of sitting, new chants or paying stupid amounts of money for clothes and footwear that you should clearly have left behind 20 years ago. :D

Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:52 pm

NIBluebird wrote:Do you know MM still has not won a game after us going 1-0 down :shock: :o :o :o

that i did not know! :shock:

Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:57 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:

that i did not know! :shock:

:shock:

Unless we win every game then im guessing this plan B stuff will keep coming up. MM has played a number of different formation and he isnt going to get it right everytime. Last night IMO he got it right except maybe not playing Marshall.
We lost because of one mistake and a poor ref decision, its not as if we were battered and out played.

Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:05 pm

This is not about last night. I was querying if MM had an alternative if his idea about doing business after the prem teams didn't bear any fruition.

Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:07 pm

Rita Pidsdale wrote:This is not about last night. I was querying if MM had an alternative if his idea about doing business after the prem teams didn't bear any fruition.

Carl mentioned it would be the last two weeks of Jan, it wouldnt surprise me if it goes to the last few days either.

If or whoever we sign its almost certain its not going to be value for money in Jan