Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Couple of players went missing last night ?

Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:26 am

Rolls, Whitts,Miller. or was it palace that made them look ordinary. When will we learn to defend you dont give teams 3 chance's to perfect a three kick's. We played better when Darcy came on he changed the tempo. It's only Half time and i think Malky will sort it out for the home leg it's only 1-0 and all to play for. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Couple of players went missing last night ?

Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:32 am

dai-ton wrote:Rolls, Whitts,Miller. or was it palace that made them look ordinary. When will we learn to defend you dont give teams 3 chance's to perfect a three kick's. We played better when Darcy came on he changed the tempo. It's only Half time and i think Malky will sort it out for the home leg it's only 1-0 and all to play for. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

i dont think whitts went missing at all to be honest. when palace were putting 9 and 10 behind the ball it gave him very little to look for.. i thought miller did all he could and had a good game with a deserved goal..

as for ralls he was just bullied out of the game... but as you say, we have another 90mins to turn it around and i believe the 2nd leg will be far different to the first ..

Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:37 am

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:
dai-ton wrote:Rolls, Whitts,Miller. or was it palace that made them look ordinary. When will we learn to defend you dont give teams 3 chance's to perfect a three kick's. We played better when Darcy came on he changed the tempo. It's only Half time and i think Malky will sort it out for the home leg it's only 1-0 and all to play for. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

i dont think whitts went missing at all to be honest. when palace were putting 9 and 10 behind the ball it gave him very little to look for.. i thought miller did all he could and had a good game with a deserved goal..

as for ralls he was just bullied out of the game... but as you say, we have another 90mins to turn it around and i believe the 2nd leg will be far different to the first ..

Perhaps i should have worded it better. Not missing but quieter than usual. and as you said that was down to the palace defence. We ran out off ideas.

Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:45 am

I my self dont think any of our players went missing also, If you look at the first 15/20 mins they couldnt even get out of there half. No we run the show, but when we didnt score I feel they got more confidence and then started to run at us.
They were happy to fill up there Midfield and keep men right back and just to stop us from playing.
Most teams know we for most of the time, play a passing game, and if you can get up on to a player before he has time to pass the ball around , you can break up there game. I would say they were happy to just sit back and wait for a break ,as it was we didnt defend and pick up one of the tallest players in the game as we should have ,and he made us pay for it. That was school boy defending stuff. I mean one of the first things you learn is , pick up your man , and stay with him.

Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:09 am

Cowie looked lost