Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Joe Ralls Will Bounce Back and City where just unlucky

Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:01 am

For those who are are harsh on Joe Ralls performance last night for example bluebird1977 Bare in mind that Malkys bringing Ralls on nicely. Yes Ralls missed a few chances but at least he got himself in these positions to feck up hes still young and with more experiance is gonna be a quality player imo also bare in mind that it was a very poor surface at selhurst park. I thought Cardiff where just unlucky and Malky will have an idea how to break them down in the second leg. I also thought that Millers goal should have never been dissallowed but I hope that Ralls still gets his fair share of first team football :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Joe Ralls Will Bounce Back and City where just unlucky

Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:06 am

Totally agree mate. Nice to see positivity rather than doomsday crying! 1-0 is f**k all. I can't wait! If we won 1-0 in our first leg at home I'd be very nervous going into the away leg. :D :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:14 am

Zabier wrote:Totally agree mate. Nice to see positivity rather than doomsday crying! 1-0 is f**k all. I can't wait! If we won 1-0 in our first leg at home I'd be very nervous going into the away leg. :D :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: yeah i think we can still come back from 1-0 down and in fairness to City we still kept going right till the end instead of just settling for 1-0 then taking them back to the ccs. I thought Palace where hard to break down and re-lied on the counters etc I think Malky will have a good idea ready for the 2nd leg. I thought that surface was poor last night alot kept slipping, Im guessing that it was more of an advantage for the home side but im sure City will come up with something better and im positive they will be up for it at home :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:22 am

Joe Ralls deserved his place in the team, after his recent performances. Football's a game where you come up against different oponents every week, as we all know. Joe had a difficult game last night, but will learn fast how to deal with these situations. :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:36 am

buckleys brewery wrote:Joe Ralls deserved his place in the team, after his recent performances. Football's a game where you come up against different oponents every week, as we all know. Joe had a difficult game last night, but will learn fast how to deal with these situations. :ayatollah:

well its a semi final, unfortunatly he doesnt have that much time to learn fast in these situations.

i feel the game was too big for him and our midfield were too weak and inexerienced

Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:56 am

i have to be honest, when i watched the highlights again on bbc last night, it seemed more one way traffic than i thought..

we created quite a few good chances and ralls although his shooting wasnt brilliant he found some good time and space to get on the ball..

also we have to remember that he is still very young...

we totally deserved a goal and i think we have nothing to fear at home and im positive it will be a totally different type of game..

Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:59 am

Warren of Merthyr wrote:For those who are are harsh on Joe Ralls performance last night for example bluebird1977 Bare in mind that Malkys bringing Ralls on nicely. Yes Ralls missed a few chances but at least he got himself in these positions to feck up hes still young and with more experiance is gonna be a quality player imo also bare in mind that it was a very poor surface at selhurst park. I thought Cardiff where just unlucky and Malky will have an idea how to break them down in the second leg. I also thought that Millers goal should have never been dissallowed but I hope that Ralls still gets his fair share of first team football :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Well said :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:03 am

Warren of Merthyr wrote:For those who are are harsh on Joe Ralls performance last night for example bluebird1977 Bare in mind that Malkys bringing Ralls on nicely. Yes Ralls missed a few chances but at least he got himself in these positions to feck up hes still young and with more experiance is gonna be a quality player imo also bare in mind that it was a very poor surface at selhurst park. I thought Cardiff where just unlucky and Malky will have an idea how to break them down in the second leg. I also thought that Millers goal should have never been dissallowed but I hope that Ralls still gets his fair share of first team football :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Yes well said Warren. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:14 am

Joe Ralls played ok. He got in a position to make a few shots most were on target, for a young midfielder thats a good sign. Ok last night his distribution could have been a little better but give the kid a chance he's 18 for gods sake. We have ourselves a little gem here stop criticising him and encourage the lad he's going to be a top player :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:39 am

Truth is both Ralls and Mason played poorly last night.

However, on the upside it will do their learning curve wonders as becoming a top player isn't all about scoring wonder goals and creating chances but also about adapting whilst playing badly.

Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:40 am

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:i have to be honest, when i watched the highlights again on bbc last night, it seemed more one way traffic than i thought..

we created quite a few good chances and ralls although his shooting wasnt brilliant he found some good time and space to get on the ball..

also we have to remember that he is still very young...

we totally deserved a goal and i think we have nothing to fear at home and im positive it will be a totally different type of game..

Now that's more like it :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:46 am

agreed, maybe a rest would have done last night but hindsights a wonderful thing. You've seriously got to consider the detrimental effect negative view points have on the players. I wonder whether everyone starting to give McNaughton grief over what they thought was poor distribution compounded things and made the situation worse???