Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Welsh FA bury their heads in the sand again!!!

Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:46 am

The old farts who 80% of them shouldn't have anything to do with welsh football, think they should appoint a manager without discussing it with the captain or players .

WRONG - We are on the verge of something with a young crop of players who seem to be able to express themselves rather than play as the manager wants - or in Toshacks time - choked by his desire to show he was brilliant.

So you can all expect the worse from here on in no matter who gets appointed. The players should be open and be involved in keeping the momentum and it should be the old farts with their free rugby debentures that are ousted from welsh football - half of them can't talk or walk anyway.

Re: Welsh FA bury their heads in the sand again!!!

Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:00 am

I think the captain should be consulted but not the other players. As players involved in the squad they'll more than likely be distracted by self motivation and want the manager who will best suit their needs. It's obvious that the players want to keep Roberts and Verheijen involved and personally I'd love to see Brian Flynn with those two behind him. I genuinely don't think there are any other decent candidates out there right now.

Hartson is wanted by anyone which has a massive case of Dave Jones-itis about it. Chris Coleman has hinted he wouldn't necessarily want to keep Roberts and Verheijen involved and I get the feeling he has the arrogance to believe that he can build his own style and make it a success when he can't. As for Ian Rush and Dean Saunders, nowhere close to being experienced enough or good enough to take the job on. Possibly Saunders at a stretch but I'd still rather Flynn.

Re: Welsh FA bury their heads in the sand again!!!

Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:16 am

Zabier wrote:I think the captain should be consulted but not the other players. As players involved in the squad they'll more than likely be distracted by self motivation and want the manager who will best suit their needs. It's obvious that the players want to keep Roberts and Verheijen involved and personally I'd love to see Brian Flynn with those two behind him. I genuinely don't think there are any other decent candidates out there right now.

Hartson is wanted by anyone which has a massive case of Dave Jones-itis about it. Chris Coleman has hinted he wouldn't necessarily want to keep Roberts and Verheijen involved and I get the feeling he has the arrogance to believe that he can build his own style and make it a success when he can't. As for Ian Rush and Dean Saunders, nowhere close to being experienced enough or good enough to take the job on. Possibly Saunders at a stretch but I'd still rather Flynn.

I just want the momentum to keep going - it will be hard without Speed - but that is where the players come into it.

I don't think I have a view on who should be manager, I believe Flynn was brilliant the way he brought the kids through and should be involved, just like Pearce is for England even though he is under-21 top dog.

Have I faith in the welsh fa - nope, too many looking after themselves, most live in noddy land.

The captain can argue the toss as players representative, for ther welsh fa to come out and say they are disappointed in Ramsey and 'mind your own' is ahuge step back to the dark days of them thinking they can pick the team!!