Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

S4c fails to represent the Welsh

Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:00 am

This has nothing to do with football but please read this:
I was born in Glasgow so I'm Scottish.
I moved to Cardiff in 1988 to study stage management at the Welsh College of Music and Drama and thought I'd be a fluent Welsh speaker after just a few months. Nothing could have been further from the truth.
The college was a sham. It was predominately run by Englishmen with a token flurry of Welsh tutors. I soon found out that the "Welsh" in WCMD was solely media driven and did not represent the Welsh in either language or culture.
Ironically, after failing to complete my second year exams due to intrinsic course ideals. I was then employed as the Theatre Technician.

Re: S4c fails to represent the Welsh

Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:38 am

Many things fail to represent Wales, but you have to remember that the Welsh is only just about starting to take care of some of the things that the Labour and tories have left go for years. The Welsh even up to now have to fight to have things put into there own Language in there own country.
But what is nice to know is that when you come here you thought you may learn Welsh, that I have a great deal of respect for.
The only way Wales will not be failed is if its run by people who relly love there country and its people, and thats not by the labour or Tory partys, There bosses are in Westminster London, there is only one party who really answers to the people of Wales. :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:42 am

not really sure what his post has to do with S4C though more of a gripe at the WCMD

Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:46 am

JONNY012697 wrote:not really sure what his post has to do with S4C though more of a gripe at the WCMD

Yes true