Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Did DJ get it right????

Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:44 pm

Are our fans incapable of Imbracing young talent?

Now while everyone has opinions it seems there are no allowances for age.
I remember Matthews getting slated nearly every game for his mistakes but it was of course DJ's fault he left not the fact he wanted away and signed away ASAP.

Now Ralls and Mason getting crazy stick tonight in a game we played pretty well in. Neither at there best but they do what they can, learns adapt and move on and improve.

It was only 24hours ago people were comparing ralls to Ramsey.........

Re: Did DJ get it right????

Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:49 pm

its the same with other player not just young imho after Palaces goal i though Ralls and Mason were bullied out of the game but Ralls did have a decent game but both defiantly need time to improve.

Heaton took a lot of slate tonight for one mistake which did cost us and Huds always gets stick.

Win as a team loss as a team :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:53 pm

Scruffy wrote:its the same with other player not just young imho after Palaces goal i though Ralls and Mason were bullied out of the game but Ralls did have a decent game but both defiantly need time to improve.

Heaton took a lot of slate tonight for one mistake which did cost us and Huds always gets stick.

That's fine but Heaton is also still quite young.

And as everyone knows comments effect you way more when your young and still learning.
I personally think its way out of order

Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:54 pm

Everyone likes to see young talent comin through the ranks, i wouldnt say we are incapable of embracing it at all, but for wot it's worth i dont think joe ralls deserves the stick he is gettin off people

Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:58 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Scruffy wrote:its the same with other player not just young imho after Palaces goal i though Ralls and Mason were bullied out of the game but Ralls did have a decent game but both defiantly need time to improve.

That's fine but Heaton is also still quite young.

And as everyone knows comments effect you way more when your young and still learning.
I personally think its way out of order

yeah Heaton's got about 10 years left

Just reading through the forum now theres stick going on about Joe Ralls i don't see what he done wrong in the game wasn't afraid to shot first 10-20 mins was amazing. apart from one shot and a couple of passes he was decent as for Mason been quality all season so far and had a bad game every one has them. :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:59 pm

Just because he's young it doesn't mean it's not justified bringing up that our younger players both had poor games.

By saying we wanted them subbed we want them protected from criticism so that they can come back when their back on form. Nothing wrong with young players.

Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:59 am

2blue2handle wrote:Are our fans incapable of Imbracing young talent?

I remember Matthews getting slated nearly every game for his mistakes but it was of course DJ's fault he left not the fact he wanted away and signed away ASAP.

Now Ralls and Mason getting crazy stick tonight in a game we played pretty well in. Neither at there best but they do what they can, learns adapt and move on and improve.

When it come to young players DJ rarely got ir right and I'm sorry but we lost Adam Matthews the moment the bad tempered scouce idiot laid waste to Adam after the Ipswich game last season.

We all need to understand that players like Ralls, Mason, Gestede and include Gunnarsonn, Taylor, Conway, Kiss, Heaton and Turner are all still young players.

The difference this season is we have a manager who believes in giving the younger players a chance, but I agree some of our fan base are far to quick to criticise.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:05 am

I'm finding the criticism hard to understand if I am honest. They didn't put in perfect performances but they weren't bad. I think the fans here are still affected by Aaron Ramsey syndrome. We had this flurry of decent youth talent that came through including Cameron Jerome, Chris Gunter, Joe Ledley, Adam Matthews and eventually Aaron Ramsey. The bar was set and now we compare every youth prospect to that standard.

Ralls did fine. He wasn't spectacular but he did fine. Would I start him instead of Conway in the home game? No, because we need a different approach. Mason didn't have his best game either but it was just a blip. He's put in enough good performances already to excuse an off day.

Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:32 am

2blue2handle wrote:Are our fans incapable of Imbracing young talent?

What I do is isolate last nights performance. Both Ralls and Mason had a poor game and I have no problem in saying so.

However, the bigger picture i.e. the season/their careers both young men will be outstanding successes and go on to play in the Premiership for years. I can remember Ramsey having bad games for both us and Arsenal but that doesn't change his quality and the fact he one of the Premeirships greatest central midfielders.

As for DJ the man was a f**king idiot and never got anything right (not in my eyes any way :lol: ). So to answer your question Luke NO DJ definately did-not get it 'right' with young players.