Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

DO U THINK WE WILL SEE A CHANGED TEAM FOR HOME LEG

Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:03 pm

Do u think we will have 1 or 2 additions to the squad ?? or will we change personnel .

from tonight you could see that we needed a target man... maybe not to play from the start every game, but certainly to change things.. i dont know how long rudy is out for again so maybe another striker is what we need..

also if we could get two wingers i feel that we could offer more through the middle with cowie in behind the strikers like he was for watford last yr and whitts and gunnarsson.

if we dont manage to bring any new players in... how do you feel we will line up pending no new injuries..

Re: DO U THINK WE WILL SEE A CHANGED TEAM FOR HOME LEG

Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:06 pm

Midfield general wrote:Keep it the same most prob.

MM wasn't worried at being 1 down because he never changed it throughout the game. We'll be fine

so you would play with mason and ralls again against what we now know is a very defensive and physical side??

Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:09 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:

MM wasn't worried at being 1 down because he never changed it throughout the game. We'll be fine

so you would play with mason and ralls again against what we now know is a very defensive and physical side??

I think we'll definitely need Kiss for the next game, and if he's fit, Gestede up front with Miller.

Those two won't accept any bullying.

Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:16 pm

Midfield general wrote:
Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:

I'd keep the same eleven, you shouldn't be dropped for one below par game. Just think what that would do to the boys confidence. They will know that they didn't play well and would want to perform better next time around.

i agree with them wanting to turn it around, but due to the physical nature of palace, i feel maybe ralls will not start .

Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:16 pm

I would take Ralls out myself. Wasn't too impressed tonight, and I would expect Conway to start in the second leg.

Other than that, wouldn't change a thing. City can do this.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:21 pm

if the luck was on our side we would be coming away ahead
keep it the same. we will do them at ccs

Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:22 pm

I wouldn't think he would change anything.

Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:28 pm

Kiss in for Ralls.

I dont think he desreves the slating hes getting off some morons, especially being only 18, but hes too inexperienced for such a massive game.

Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:32 pm

polo wrote:Kiss in for Ralls.

I dont think he desreves the slating hes getting off some morons, especially being only 18, but hes too inexperienced for such a massive game.

Agree 100% with this. He wasn't terrible but just because he's young doesn't mean you can't point out he was possibly the weak link.

Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:37 pm

polo wrote:Kiss in for Ralls.

Well said mate

Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:46 pm

Bit early to be picking the second leg isn't it?

Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:49 pm

I was pretty much shouting into my TV all through the game saying we needed Kiss in midfield because we were getting bullied, and we needed Gestede up front because we lacked height, and Speroni was collecting everything.
I didnt realise that Gestede was even on the bench though... :oops: