Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Blaming the ref is a cop out.

Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:54 pm

Midfield general wrote:We weren't at our best, its only half time and had 11 corners with no finishing product and hardly a clear shot on goal.

Blaming the ref is a very Wenger style of going about things and we are better than that.

Its only 1-0 and we have a home game to go.The tie is ours don't worry :ayatollah:

Totally agree we didnt play well & were still better then them.....wembley here we come :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:55 pm

citygardens73 wrote:
Midfield general wrote:We weren't at our best, its only half time and had 11 corners with no finishing product and hardly a clear shot on goal.

Blaming the ref is a very Wenger style of going about things and we are better than that.

Its only 1-0 and we have a home game to go.The tie is ours don't worry :ayatollah:

Totally agree we didnt play well & were still better then them.....wembley here we come :ayatollah:

Agreed. :ayatollah:

Anyway I'm off for tonight. :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:56 pm

It's not a cop out, it's a fact that we should have got a goal.

In saying that we were unlucky, stron performance on another day we would have won.

Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:57 pm

to be fair the ball did fall to ralls two or three times on the edge the box and the shots were not quite good enough...

taylor also fluffed to efforts over the bar and from one really should av kept it down as he had time...

was also gutted that whitts didnt go over the wall for that free kick...

Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:59 pm

I certainly agree that we should be blaming ourselves for it.
But at the same time, if the ref had got the decision right, then it would have been 1-1.

Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:31 pm

No one else to blame bar the team out on the night we was shit and thats that also thought MM got it wrong with a few things tonight :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:28 am

bluebird1977 wrote:No one else to blame bar the team out on the night we was shit and thats that also thought MM got it wrong with a few things tonight :ayatollah:

Shit? How?

We have played better i agree.

But shit?

No way

Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:41 am

bluebird1977 wrote:No one else to blame bar the team out on the night we was shit and thats that also thought MM got it wrong with a few things tonight :ayatollah:

Unbelieveable as we dominated that game and were beaten by a set piece which lets face it was the only way Palace were going to score.

12% more possession, 13 attempts on goal against 8 for Palace and 11 corners to 2 for Palace with a perfectly good goal disallowed. Just not our night and I'm baffled how anyone could describe our performance as shit :? :? :? :?

Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:47 am

Palace got that break with the free kick and then stuck everyone behind the ball. We shouldn't have given away four free kicks in that area. Ambrose was bound to whip a good one in sooner or later. That's why Palace stood off our players on the edge of the area because they knew a free kick would cause issues with Whittingham taking them.

I thought our general play was decent and it was only one momentary lapse from Heaton and Gunnarsson that cost us that goal. 1-0 isn't a disaster and I had anticipated we could lose 2-0 or even 3-1. So I'll take 1-0 and we will bring them back to CCS in 2 weeks and give it a go. It's going to be all one way though and they're going to love their counter attacking which is where they thrive so we need to be careful.

A few of the lads could have done better but no-one played badly. The pitch was terrible and affected everyone's first touch which is what helps us be so effective. Palace knew that and prepared the pitch to make it difficult for us to get our game going. Fair play to them. Though they won't have that advantage in 2 weeks time. :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:52 am

Look it as you may the Ref did get it wrong, there was nothing wrong with that goal, looked at it now 5/6 times there is no pressure put on the goal keeper and no one is pushing him around. The goal should have stood, even all the commontators that seen it say the same , nothing wrong with the goal.

Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:55 am

Dont know what game you were looking at !

Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:04 am

MG are you on a popularity crusade? Just asking because I'm at least the thrid poster to give your OP the thumbs up :ayatollah: