Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Mike Dean

Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:22 pm

Waited a couple of years for payback for being hit by a coin in the Swansea match....

.....tonight he got his chance.

Terrible decision. Made up his mind to blow as soon as the corner was kicked. Could have had no idea of what was going on in the penalty area.

Clown.

Re: Mike Dean

Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:23 pm

That don't really make sense.

Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:31 pm

Midfield general wrote:I thought he had a good game, in all fairness he tried to play on as much as possible.

Very good game I thought but you have to get the key decision right and failed massively

Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:36 pm

He's refereed us a number of times since then and always done a reasonable job. I think tonight was a classic case of making the wrong decision giving the corner so he blew up for a free kick to even things up.

It's wrong but all referees do it.

Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:37 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Midfield general wrote:I thought he had a good game, in all fairness he tried to play on as much as possible.

Very good game I thought but you have to get the key decision right and failed massively

i agree with this...

Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:36 pm

Howard Webb is the best referee we've had this season at West Ham opening day.

Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:54 pm

I really dont see how he could disallow that goal though. Keepers are too protected. Mason did f.uck all to him

Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:18 am

Did he not award u a pen in that game he had a coin in the head???

Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:30 am

swansealad69 wrote:Did he not award u a pen in that game he had a coin in the head???

Yes he did award a dodgy penalty 2 minutes after awarding you lot a goal from joe allen that had more than a hint of offside about it (jason scotland blocking keepers view in offside position)

Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:46 am

davids wrote:Waited a couple of years for payback for being hit by a coin in the Swansea match....

.....tonight he got his chance.

Terrible decision. Made up his mind to blow as soon as the corner was kicked. Could have had no idea of what was going on in the penalty area.

Clown.

I thought Mike Dean had a good game he just got a big decision wrong but overall he was fine. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:49 am

As someone said, it shouldn't have been a corner anyway! I knew he was going to blow up as soon as I saw it was a contentious decision. As a previous poster said, if it's a dodgy corner or there's too much going on in the box, the referee will always give a free kick to give the benefit of the doubt to the defenders. For some reason, disallowing a genuine goal attracts less controversy than allowing a goal that shouldn't have stood.

Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:03 am

Whether it was a dubious decision to give a corner or not is neither here nor there, at the end of the day he made the decision - which means there was no doubt in his mind it was a corner, otherwise he wouldn't have give it. So with that in mind - he must have THOUGHT there was no doubt that when he made his decision to disallow our goal, that Mason had pushed Speroni? So what exactly did Mike Dean see because the players, crowd and us sitting at home saw nothing but a fair goal.... The man made a howler of a decision and I'm sure today he knows that!!

(Hopefully we'll have him back reffing in a fortnight to make up for his mistake!!) ;) :lol:

Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:45 pm

Even Speroni, who moaned at every challenge in the penalty area last night, didn't say anything to the ref about that corner.

Probably because he knew he'd been beaten by a quality goal from an extremely tight angle which went in off Kenny's nose!

Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:06 pm

Merlin wrote:Whether it was a dubious decision to give a corner or not is neither here nor there, at the end of the day he made the decision - which means there was no doubt in his mind it was a corner, otherwise he wouldn't have give it. So with that in mind - he must have THOUGHT there was no doubt that when he made his decision to disallow our goal, that Mason had pushed Speroni? So what exactly did Mike Dean see because the players, crowd and us sitting at home saw nothing but a fair goal.... The man made a howler of a decision and I'm sure today he knows that!!

(Hopefully we'll have him back reffing in a fortnight to make up for his mistake!!) ;) :lol:

You contradict yourself a little there as in his own mind he obviously thought it was a corner, so by that token in his own mind he obviously thought it was a foul. We cannot have it both ways.

Time to forget about it and get on with it. Theres still 90 to go.

Anyway, who is to say even if allowed the goal it would finish 1-1. The game could have played out differently with Palace chasing a goal rather than us.

Time to forget and move on. Still 90 to go.