Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Tonights game

Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:17 pm

He made the wrong decision, end of. Thing is though haven't we scored a lot of goals from corners this year? We created problems for them from corners I thought

Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:18 pm

Midfield general wrote:To be honest had you told me 1-0 down for the second leg I would probably have taken that. However just a few things which I would like to bring up.

Firstly with the disallowed goal the ref did blow up even before Millar had touched the ball. He may not have been correct in his decision but the whistle was clearly heard beforehand.

Corners, now I have been going on about this back in the DJ days and we had 11 corners tonight and not a single threat from any of them. As Ive said this issue has gone on for a long, long while and I do wonder if teams practice corners these days as much as they used too..?

One thing I would say is that they marked Whitts out of the game.

for most of the game mg they had 10 in their own half... from corners they had some big lads in there and we only had 2..

they were looking for the break through zaha everytime.. lets hope he goes to prem before next leg.. we created more clear opportunities than them, but with everyone behind the ball they made it difficult..

Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:18 pm

Don't see your point about the goal really.

Corners, turner was unlucky not to score from two but otherwise agree.

Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:21 pm

There was a bit of handbags in the box before the corner was taken and I'm convinced the referee had made his mind up before the ball was kicked to blow for a free-kick.

If so that is appauling refereeing but the deed is now done and we can't change anything about it. Still looking forward to the 2nd leg which should be a cracker.

Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:24 pm

Midfield general wrote:The main tactic on corners is everyone get around the keeper and try and develop a scramble. However in this day and age the vast majority of referees would blow up on the slightest of touches on the keeper so its pointless

it did work v reading home...

Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:24 pm

Midfield general wrote:The main tactic on corners is everyone get around the keeper and try and develop a scramble. However in this day and age the vast majority of referees would blow up on the slightest of touches on the keeper so its pointless

But u agree no foul?

Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:29 pm

Why then as I couldn't and still can't really?
If you mean the mason arm then you agree he got it totally wrong?

Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:29 pm

Well Mike Dean is obviously part of the 'vast majority' unfortunately.

Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:32 pm

i agree adam the corners were shit with no variety. its just amazing all these years of watching the city and we have always been shit at corners no matter who's in charge

Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:34 pm

Wrongly disallowed the goal then?

He was looking to blow no matter what? He made a huge mistake.

Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:35 pm

Whitts wasnt marked out of the game at all. They just sat so deep he found it difficult to
find many telling passes. I know we play at home sometimes with only one striker but to
play at home with 5 defenders and a goalkeeper?? Boring fuckers.

They will definitely try that one in Cardiff and we will win 3-1 (3-2 on agg)

Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:46 pm

Midfield general wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Wrongly disallowed the goal then?

rubbish

Should the goal have stood yes or no?

Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:48 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Midfield general wrote:

rubbish

absolutely!! i though hudson was held more than the keeper..

Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:50 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Midfield general wrote:

rubbish

2blue, I understand what he means.

Referee's often give the "benefit of the doubt" to the keeper. If you see where the ref was there were people blocking him and the keeper was making a fuss. Therefore, the ref decided to give the benefit of the doubt to the defensive team, which happened to be Palace.

Wether it was a foul or not it doesn't matter, it was the refs choice. IN my OPINION it was a foul.

Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:51 pm

I didn't see anything first time or after replays tbh, odd decision.

Mistake

Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:05 am

Apalling game IMO. It was a case of ''shit on a stick'' style of football which was stated a few months back. We allways seem to bottle it when it comes to live TV games.
Very poor decision by the ref for Millers goal
Our team cried out for a ball winner (Kiss) in midfield, Gunnar didnt seem too up to it. And we defo needed Rudy up front, Speroni collected everything
I though Turner had a bad game too
Conway should have got a game, our only natural winger who knows what he's doing with crossing
I'm still confident we'll make it to Wembley though, we should do them at CCS.
Only problem is Palace like to keep 8/9 players back,then they have Zahas pace going forward on the break, which will seriously limit us going forward.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:06 am

I would like to see some variation with the corners and throw ins from AG,don't get me wrong it can cause problems with distance but defences read the situation,it's like throwing the left for 12 rounds and no right..........mix it up Malky please,still confident for the home leg. :ayatollah: