Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

"analysis and that goal which wasn't"

Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:07 pm

Didn't look on league form it has to bed said. We are usually far more clinical with half the chances.There is no player to blame but I guarantee certain posters will make a scape goat of someone (Heaton), he was otherwise improved and I liked his awareness overall. You just know we'd put these to bed if it was a midweek league match in front of a Palace crowd half the size. Palace defense looked good only because we didn't ask questions....although we did score, and legally too.

Im pleased with the performance in all honestly, I want to be disappointed but im not, its a 2 legger and we went at it like the home team! We attacked in numbers, admittedly leaving gaps, passing was neat and fast and made Palace look a league lower IMO... just didn't have the key to unlock that defensive door TONIGHT.

To just mention the Miller goal again, I know refs blow as soon as there is contact on the keeper BUT is contact a contact of force or literally ANY contact? It wasn't in mid air, Mason was being forced back and literally stroked the fabric of the keepers jersey, I do feel a bit cheated but that is football and why we come onto forums like this, to discuss Cardiff!

Next leg prediction: 3.1 Cardiff. (ill give them a late goal)

CLINICAL, CLINICAL, CLINICAL! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

See you there chaps!

Re: "analysis and that goal which wasn't"

Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:09 pm

Top post, very true n positive !!!!!

KEEP THE FAITH :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:12 pm

There was no foul .....palace look a poor side who will come here to sit back & defend,i have no doubt we are going to wembley :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:36 pm

citygardens73 wrote:There was no foul .....palace look a poor side who will come here to sit back & defend,i have no doubt we are going to wembley :ayatollah:

They are poor, hence why the defend so well. Defending is all they ever seem to do the last few games iv'e seem them. It works well though, especially if we keeping leave gaps. Luckily they don't have the quality to capitalize on these breaks, set pieces are a different matter though, as we saw tonight and at Old Trafford.

Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:38 pm

Come on Palace are a top side, they must be with Lennie Lawerence pulling the strings. 8-)

Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:42 pm

deserved a draw lads.remember both last years finalists lost their first legs.in fact blues even fell further behind in the return before coming back to win.keep the faith

Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:43 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Come on Palace are a top side, they must be with Lennie Lawerence pulling the strings. 8-)

I WILL PLOT THEIR DOWNFALL, MUAHHH HA HA HA HA HAAAA!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:43 pm

if they lose that zaha in the next week due to transfer etc.. that will scupper their counter attack..

Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:44 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:if they lose that zaha in the next week due to transfer etc.. that will scupper their counter attack..

to be fair, he was their counter attack wasn't he.

Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:44 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:if they lose that zaha in the next week due to transfer etc.. that will scupper their counter attack..

If hes goes they will prolly have enough money to get a better striker in.

Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:24 am

f**k all to be ashamed of last night. we took the
game to them. they got ten men behind the ball
at home. thats how scared of us they were. our
only problem is against a formation like that, you
need a player who can beat his man. a tricky
winger. cos once you get to the byline, behind
the defence.. they are in trouble.

This tie is not over by any means...

Come on you blues!!!!!

Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:25 pm

If our goal was disallowed for a foul why wasn't There's ?

Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:47 pm

Palace fan here, in peace. Respect to your Club which I rate as a very good one and may the best team reach Wembley (I'll be rooting for you if you do it) but I just wanted to clear something up about last night though. I am really irritated about this. IT WAS NOT A DISALLOWED GOAL!!! In the same way that we often see a player break through on goal, be given offside (RIGHTLY OR WRONGLY) and put the ball into the net, often amid ironic cheers and possibly a booking, these aren't generally considered disallowed goals. Rightly so too. I was behind the goal in question and the referees whistle was very loud and some time before the ball reached the "scorer". I didn't even twitch in my seat when the ball hit the back of the net. The ball, i would say, had barely even entered the 6 yard box when the whistle went. I had stopped caring and our players, playing to the whistle, would not have reacted as intensely as normal, having heard it. Also, said "scorer" 100 per cent heard the whistle and was under no pressure in scoring.
The Cardiff manager is making alot of it because he wants your lot to feel like you weren't really beaten by us and therefore should be very confident about the return. I've got news for him. You were beaten by us. You lost the battle but who knows about the war. Let's see.

Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:17 pm

to be fair....i heard the whistle blow, and it was long before it reached miller.

Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:17 pm

taffyapple wrote:f**k all to be ashamed of last night. we took the
game to them. they got ten men behind the ball
at home. thats how scared of us they were. our
only problem is against a formation like that, you
need a player who can beat his man. a tricky
winger. cos once you get to the byline, behind
the defence.. they are in trouble.

This tie is not over by any means...

Come on you blues!!!!!

True ! :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:37 pm

Malky's point was that he blew unusually early before anything had happened, almost like he was always gonna blow because of the dodgy corner he gave. You've said he has blown before the goal but you can't tell me what he blew for? Anyway, your lot took the day, did what you do and defended well, your counter attacking I believe wasnt affective considering the gaps we left and you'll look to hang onto that goal alone at the CCS. Bad judgment from a excellent delivery caused the goal and a victory. I believe the next leg will be a battle of 2 styles....attack v defensive, who will win! I know the boys will be far more clinical at home IMO.

Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:50 pm

They are a tough side to break down Palace. They set-up to frustrate.

The home league game was not pretty, but we eventually got our reward.

I think we will have to do the same again in the semi-final. Its only 0-1 so we can afford to be patient but I fear the crowd will start getting on the lads backs the longer it goes without us scoring. Certainly judging by some of the moronic posts on here last night, you swear we were 3 or 4 nil down. :roll:

They used to say Ninian Park was our 12th man, and im yet to see that at the CCS (apart form the leicester game a few years back wen down to 9 men), so hopefully this can be a historic night in the new stadiums short history.

Keep the faith.

:ayatollah:

Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:43 pm

Eagle99 wrote:Palace fan here, in peace. Respect to your Club which I rate as a very good one and may the best team reach Wembley (I'll be rooting for you if you do it) but I just wanted to clear something up about last night though. I am really irritated about this. IT WAS NOT A DISALLOWED GOAL!!! In the same way that we often see a player break through on goal, be given offside (RIGHTLY OR WRONGLY) and put the ball into the net, often amid ironic cheers and possibly a booking, these aren't generally considered disallowed goals. Rightly so too. I was behind the goal in question and the referees whistle was very loud and some time before the ball reached the "scorer". I didn't even twitch in my seat when the ball hit the back of the net. The ball, i would say, had barely even entered the 6 yard box when the whistle went. I had stopped caring and our players, playing to the whistle, would not have reacted as intensely as normal, having heard it. Also, said "scorer" 100 per cent heard the whistle and was under no pressure in scoring.
The Cardiff manager is making alot of it because he wants your lot to feel like you weren't really beaten by us and therefore should be very confident about the return. I've got news for him. You were beaten by us. You lost the battle but who knows about the war. Let's see.

Fair enough, but y did he blow?

Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:55 pm

Exactly Luton.