Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Sorry but Heaton is a liability

Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:50 pm

Cost us against Boro last season & again tonight

Get shot of him please

Re: Sorry but Heaton is a liability

Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:55 pm

He isn't one to usually come out to quickly, I guess it's something he has been told to do.
Mistake cost is sadly, otherwise done well.

Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:57 pm

Why o Why leave Marshall out ?

Oh well 45 mins left

Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:58 pm

You didnt see the save then did you....

Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:59 pm

Mr Moo Cow wrote:Why o Why leave Marshall out ?

Oh well 45 mins left

Guess he has told Heaton he can have the Carling cup games.

Plus at least another 90mins.

Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:59 pm

TBH if you give away persistent free kicks in and around the 18 yard box something will give eventually.

I don't blame Heaton for the goal but I do blame the defence who keep giving C Palace these set-piece oppotunities.

Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:01 pm

Don't blame Heaton ?????

He came flapped & got knowhere near it - Not confident to claim it stay on your line

Not a very good decision by Heaton, came out way to early, on a plus Cardiff have been really good going forward, looking forward to the second half, can see us getting back into this.

Let's have 2 this second half. :ayatollah:

Hes is NOT a liability, he has alot of room for improvement but I feel he can do the job.

P.S cracking save by him. :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:03 pm

Mr Moo Cow wrote:Don't blame Heaton ?????

He came flapped & got knowhere near it - Not confident to claim it stay on your line

As I said if you keep giving away free-kicks.....

Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:12 pm

You can't possibly blame Heaton for the mistake, what were the defence doing?

Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:30 pm

Let's not be silly, a few people to Blake, to many free kicks, defence should have done better but Heaton is massively at fault also

Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:54 pm

Heaton to blame for that loss.

Marshall is a top keeper and needs to start the 2nd leg :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:56 pm

Heaton did make a costly mistake but Gunnarsson was asleep marking Gardener

the one thing i've always hated about Heaton is everytime he catches a ball his decisions just get worse imo Marshall is a better keeper though and should start the second leg. :ayatollah:

tbh Gunnarsson and Whittingham were kept out of the game and effectively cost us imo

Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:07 pm

jbirdrules wrote:Heaton to blame for that loss.

Marshall is a top keeper and needs to start the 2nd leg :ayatollah:

That's not fair, Miller was the only one who actually had a decent game.

Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:10 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:TBH if you give away persistent free kicks in and around the 18 yard box something will give eventually.

I don't blame Heaton for the goal but I do blame the defence who keep giving C Palace these set-piece oppotunities.

bang on, just 5 mins before their goal, my mate text me from selhurst pk and said they will score if we give away another sillly free kick... they did... it was poor discipline and some of the free kicks were unnecessary.

Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:22 pm

Agree with the comments regarding giving away too many silly free kicks but in my opinion Heaton is too small to be a keeper at this level.

Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:23 pm

cheppy wrote:Agree with the comments regarding giving away too many silly free kicks but in my opinion Heaton is too small to be a keeper at this level.

I disagree, thinks hes a great keeper with ALOT OF ROOM for improvement. He can only get better. :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:33 pm

Heaton can't be blamed for the loss tonight. Yes he made a mistake but let's still back him if he plays in the 2nd leg.

Heaton is a very good keeper to have as 2nd choice at championship level. Personally, I would of played Marshall because I think it's good to give the whole 1st team that experience of a two-legged tie, in case we are in the play offs at the end of the season.

Also, if Heaton plays in the 2nd leg and we win he will play at wembley. I would play Marsh now in the 2nd leg and then he can hopefully then play at wembley and have that experience of playing there this season if we get to the play off final.

Marshall is our no.1 keeper but Heaton is still a good keeper. If we'd of kept a clean sheet tonight, he probably would of been seen praised as 1 of our best players tonight.

We can still do this! Bluebirds! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:19 am

Pinster25 wrote:You didnt see the save then did you....

idiots only see what they want to see.

Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:26 am

heaton made a decision to come for the ball . there were far too many players in the way and he made a judgmental error which unfortunately lead to the goal... you could also argue that we were sleeping to let the guy sneak in at the back post..

i have to be honest though , i do not feel confident with heatons dealing with crosses into the box, and he always seems to want to punch the ball away..

i personally feel marshall this season is the better keeper and should be in for the 2nd leg..

Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:48 am

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:heaton made a decision to come for the ball . there were far too many players in the way and he made a judgmental error which unfortunately lead to the goal... you could also argue that we were sleeping to let the guy sneak in at the back post..

i have to be honest though , i do not feel confident with heatons dealing with crosses into the box, and he always seems to want to punch the ball away..

i personally feel marshall this season is the better keeper and should be in for the 2nd leg..

where was marshall injured or dropped?

Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:01 am

jinks-rct wrote:
Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:heaton made a decision to come for the ball . there were far too many players in the way and he made a judgmental error which unfortunately lead to the goal... you could also argue that we were sleeping to let the guy sneak in at the back post..

Heaton has played all the carling cup games i think

Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:17 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:TBH if you give away persistent free kicks in and around the 18 yard box something will give eventually.

Exactly right Tony. You cannot give Ambrose four chances to deliver balls unchallenged into our area. Heaton did outstandingly well to deal with the previous three efforts. I'm not a big Heaton fan but felt he did little wrong last night. You didn't see Crystal Palace smashing our lads on the edge of their area because they knew we had Whittingham so preferred to stand our midfielders up and deal with a challenged cross.

Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:36 am

fair play to malky for keeping heaton in goal considering he s played in the other carling cup matches he was at fault for not makng contact with the cross that lead to the goal but dont foget he did make an excellent save before they had scored,lets be honest who would be a keeper :lol:

Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:20 pm

One major mistake and one world class save. But for the first 20 minutes we were excellent, then we was very ordinary but its only half time folks :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:05 pm

jinks-rct wrote:

as said heaton has featured in the carling cup games so he was given the shirt.. however my personal opinion is that i think marshall will step back in this saturday and will remain in goal even for the 2nd leg..

Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:16 pm

I think this just shows how different being a goalkeeper is to any other position.
Is Heaton the only player who misjudged something ? Were no passes over hit or too short ? Was every chance at goal taken at the most oppertune moment ?

He made a judgemental error but all players do it , unfortunately for goalkeepers it is usually highlighted , but fair do's to Heaton , he "dusted himself down and got on with it" (no I'm not a DJ fan :lol: )

How do we know Marshall wouldn't have done the same ????????

Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:03 pm

We have been giving away stupid free kicks around our penalty area all season. We got punished last night. If we sort that out, then life will be a lot more comfortable, especially away. Good point made about Palace knowing that we have Whitts, so not diving in. Now is not the time for recriminations though. Let's get the second leg over. Then we can decide if we need to change our Carling Cup keeper. Or leave it to next season. :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:05 pm

It was nice to see super Kev back but his passing and crossing was shocking. To be fair that is what Conway is good at :ayatollah: