Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

PLEASE GOD NOT ANOTHER TOSHACK SYNDROME

Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:46 am

Back in the 70s Cardiff City Under jimmy Scoular were about in the same position as we are now with a great chance of getting into the top flight of football. We had Toshack & clark a great partnership and along come Liverpool with big money,and that was the dreams of the Fans shattered , Toshack went to Lierpool and Cardiff stayed where they were and well the rest is in the history books for all to see.
Now another great chance to get to the top again, and this time 80mill + waits for us, will city tell the Banker NO DEAL OR DEAL ? :ayatollah:

Re: PLEASE GOD NOT ANOTHER TOSHACK SYNDROME

Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:53 am

welshcitydragon wrote:Back in the 70s Cardiff City Under jimmy Scoular were about in the same position as we are now with a great chance of getting into the top flight of football. We had Toshack & clark a great partnership and along come Liverpool with big money,and that was the dreams of the Fans shattered , Toshack went to Lierpool and Cardiff stayed where they were and well the rest is in the history books for all to see.
Now another great chance to get to the top again, and this time 80mill + waits for us, will city tell the Banker NO DEAL OR DEAL ? :ayatollah:

So Would you sell Whitts to Fulham for 4 mill ?

Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:23 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:
welshcitydragon wrote:Back in the 70s Cardiff City Under jimmy Scoular were about in the same position as we are now with a great chance of getting into the top flight of football. We had Toshack & clark a great partnership and along come Liverpool with big money,and that was the dreams of the Fans shattered , Toshack went to Lierpool and Cardiff stayed where they were and well the rest is in the history books for all to see.

So Would you sell Whitts to Fulham for 4 mill ?

no,not if we want to get to the top :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:45 pm

I hope Malky will stick to his word of, he is here to build a team , not break it up.

BUT! will the powers that be, up staires fined 4mil + just too much to say no to. They may say to Malky , sell him at 4mil and you can use it to build your team. I think we all knew that clubs would come in after Whitts the way he has been playing, Malky has brought the best out of Whitts and now he has to try to hold on to him for the sake of the club and the fans. :ayatollah: :old:

Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:49 pm

Whitts signed a new deal start of season, saying hes really happy and isnt going to go anywhere. If he's true to that, even if the club accept the offer, he doesnt have to go anywhere he doesnt want to.

Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:58 pm

Guys it does not matter if malky or us want him to stay if the owners want to sell no1 else has a say in it,then we will get the old oh well he moved for whatever reason either to good to turn down offer or he wanted to leave crap comming from within the club and malky wil only back his board up even if he did say we want to keep him :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:41 pm

noone in, whitts out, bid for kebe ,
still potentially could go up automatic.

I'm sure we could hold onto whitts if needs be

Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:30 pm

:o

you had it WRONG!!!!! It's DEAL OR NO DEAL!!!

Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:42 pm

it is easy to see that all the players we have sold have been for very short term gain.
The club still struggles to make ends meet, while others benefit in the prem (if financially managed well)
I totally agree that this is Toshack all over if we do the same.

For me - i think that would be the end of me and cardiff for a while.

ive been up and down the country for thirty years, shit ground to shit ground, crisis to crisis, downs, ups and downs.

could we, just for one time, not revert to type and get our bollox out on the table. Stand tall and have a fcukin go.

Remember..................

Fortune favours the Brave
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: