Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Another bid for Whitts..... "

Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:34 pm

Roy races to beat Fulham to Whittingham deal
by DAN on JANUARY 9, 2012

Roy Hodgson (WBA)has tabled a £4m bid for Peter Whittingham in an attempt to beat former club Fulham to the Cardiff midfielder’s signature, according to the Daily Mirror.

West Brom have made the first formal approach for the former England under-21 international and their offer is designed to test Cardiff’s desire to keep hold of one of their key performers during the transfer window. The Bluebirds have already rejected a £3m offer from West Ham last month.

Fulham have been long-term admirers of the 27 year-old, who has scored eight goals in 29 games for the Welsh side so far this term. It remains to be seen whether Fulham will join the race to sign Whittingham, who is expected to face Crystal Palace in tomorrow night’s Carling Cup semi-final at Selhurst Park.

Re: Another bid for Whitts.....

Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:37 pm

i think we will turn down 4 mill but if it were to go to 5 or 6 i don't think the board would pass on that hope they would though :ayatollah:

Re: Another bid for Whitts.....

Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:39 pm

Twitter and it is twitter! people are saying Roy Hodgson has said this publicly?

Re: " Another bid for Whitts..... "

Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:43 pm

£4 Million! Wow that is a lot of money, but MM has made it very clear he's not letting him go. He is vital to our Carling Cup hopes and Premier League chase. Selling him would be stupid :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:46 pm

Malky will tell them to piss off in the morning :old:

Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:46 pm

£4mil for Whitts will definitely be turned down. Unless we get a silly offer in for Whitts, we may as well reject all offers as we will never find a player to replace him. Even if we did accept say £6mil, a £6mil replacement would still not be as good as Whitts!

Whitts will stay I reckon though. Then his situation will be reviewed in the summer. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:50 pm

Take 5m...

Bring in:
(Scupper the foxes bid) Billy Sharp
Noone
Kebe
McGugan

or the likes of the above.................

Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:54 pm

Einstein wrote:Take 5m...

Bring in:
Noone
Kebe
McGugan

For the latest ;) :ayatollah:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=67121

Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:54 pm

Einstein wrote:Take 5m...

Bring in:
Noone
Kebe
McGugan

Most the money would go to Ray Ranson.

Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:02 am

How much of a say does Whittingham have in the matter?
Can he be sold if he doesn't want to leave?
If he's happy here and playing well and I assume he's earning a few quid, why would he want to leave and start all over again?

Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:30 am

Johnny Rythmn wrote:How much of a say does Whittingham have in the matter?
Can he be sold if he doesn't want to leave?
If he's happy here and playing well and I assume he's earning a few quid, why would he want to leave and start all over again?

isn't he a brummie?
if he is he would be closer to home, not that cardiff is far

Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:30 am

People have and are saying malky will not sell him if the men who pull all the strings at any club want the £££ the manager dont have a say in it FACT weather or not they dont want to sell the player then when he's sold we will get MM saying the offer was to good to let go for the club or player wanted to go its the same old thing we hear and are told what we want to hear one min the manager dont want them to go and the next the board sell that player eitherway and then the manager comes out again to the public with oh well blah blah blah just to back the board its all bullshit :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:00 am

Sorry Mr Hodgson, NO DEAL!

Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:58 am

Midfield general wrote:
jaybothroyd wrote:£4mil for Whitts will definitely be turned down. Unless we get a silly offer in for Whitts, we may as well reject all offers as we will never find a player to replace him. Even if we did accept say £6mil, a £6mil replacement would still not be as good as Whitts!

Whitts will stay I reckon though. Then his situation will be reviewed in the summer. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I agree but his price could drop in the summer due to there being alot of Janaury panic buying. This will be a tough situation for the club and I suppose alot may depend on whether its cash up front or not.

He's 27 now and there won't be many more chances to play in the premiership unless its with us obviously.

If Im honest with you I will support whatever happens, if he goes then I can see the reasons for him going and if the club keep him then obviously that fantastic news. :ayatollah:

Oh my god i agree with you

O

Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:59 am

Midfield general wrote:
jaybothroyd wrote:£4mil for Whitts will definitely be turned down. Unless we get a silly offer in for Whitts, we may as well reject all offers as we will never find a player to replace him. Even if we did accept say £6mil, a £6mil replacement would still not be as good as Whitts!

I agree but his price could drop in the summer due to there being alot of Janaury panic buying. This will be a tough situation for the club and I suppose alot may depend on whether its cash up front or not.

He's 27 now and there won't be many more chances to play in the premiership unless its with us obviously.

If Im honest with you I will support whatever happens, if he goes then I can see the reasons for him going and if the club keep him then obviously that fantastic news. :ayatollah:

Oh my god i agree with you

O

Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:55 am

it's easy to say if we had 4 or 6million we could get this player and that player, but none of them are on form like whitts and they couldn't come into the side and immediately do the job whitts is doing atm. he's playing brilliant. wouldnt let him go no matter what.

Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:41 am

Got to consider Whitts, been loyal to us but this could be his last chance to play in the premiership no guarantee we will ever get there. And has Midfield General says his price is at its peak right now you have to pay premium to buy in Jan

Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:08 am

There's been no bid,west brom enquired but cardiff said he's not for sale,so they didn't bid.

Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:51 am

Why could they not wait untill after tonights game are they (the Enlish press) trying to put us off tonight's game

Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:04 pm

why should we even consider a bid in the region of 4-5 million????

whitts is playing just aswel as Taarabt did last year for qpr & he ws linked with double what clubs r bidding 4 whitts & look what hes doin in the prem f**k all, so for 4-5 million they can all do 1!!!!!!!!!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

plus knowing cardiff malky would only get half of the fee to buy a replacement & that wudnt get u a replacement 4 whitts

Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:04 pm

I hope Malky shoves a £10m price tag on Whitts, just so he can't leave.

HE HAS TO STAY.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:09 pm

Graham Dorrans is coming :D

Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:39 am

Ray Ranson would certainly like us to sell him! Like what was said in a previous post Mr Ranson would get a large slice of any fee we negotiated for Whitts, Malky would lose a match winning player but the club would be left with very little cash from the deal to use to get in other players, it's a no no from me.