Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" £26,000 & £13,000 "

Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:21 pm

Newport County fans donate on average £25,000 a season to their club, this year they raised £26,000 and when they heard two of their players were having to move on due to lack of money at their club, their fans raised £13,000 in 4 weeks, so now these players can stay to the end of the season.

I have never been a Newport fan and never will be, but I have to applaud this as it shows how when fans put their minds to it and unite, money can be raised for their clubs. :ayatollah:

Well done Newport fans. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " £26,000 & £13,000 "

Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:29 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Newport County fans donate on average £25,000 a season to their club, this year they raised £26,000 and when they heard two of their players were having to move on due to lack of money at their club, their fans raised £13,000 in 4 weeks, so now these players can stay to the end of the season.

I have never been a Newport fan and never will, but I have to applaud this as it shows how when fans put their minds to it and unite, money can be raised for their clubs. :ayatollah:

Its gonna rain for 12 days and nights now Chief :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:30 pm

Goes to show what people can do when we put our minds to things!!
For a small club and fan base that is a huge amount of money to raise :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:33 pm

I've got to say, hats off to them for achieving so much giving the limitations.

I still can't fathom the fact that we have not yet raised the money for the Fred Keenor statue. How can this even be possible? Given the size of our club, compared to County, it really is something that I can't understand.

Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:37 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:I've got to say, hats off to them for achieving so much giving the limitations.

I still can't fathom the fact that we have not yet raised the money for the Fred Keenor statue. How can this even be possible? Given the size of our club, compared to County, it really is something that I can't understand.

Adam, If you really put your mind to something you will always get there, its all about will power. Having the right people to drive something forward is everything and gaining peoples respect goes a long way in helping. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:42 pm

LutonBluebird wrote:Goes to show what people can do when we put our minds to things!!
For a small club and fan base that is a huge amount of money to raise :ayatollah:

Jules, We are a massive club compared to Newport.

Very proud of this forums members with all the money they always raise for charities or any tragedies etc. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:50 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
LutonBluebird wrote:Goes to show what people can do when we put our minds to things!!

Jules, We are a massive club compared to Newport.

Very proud of this forums members with all the money they always raise for charities or any tragedies etc. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I think the vast majority dug deep when Mikey died!
And rightly so!!
Clares brothers run for MS is another example that it touches so many people that it just goes to show how important life is!!
And doing your bit for worthwhile charities :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:21 pm

that;s a great effort fair play by the ceunty fans

i think they made a mistake this season by going full time . Danny rose there best player was recently sold to fleetwood town and crowds are down around 40 percent down as they are near the foot of the table .

Since Holdsworth left it's all gone pete tong !

Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:23 pm

MOZZER1 wrote:that;s a great effort fair play by the ceunty fans

i think they made a mistake this season by going full time . Danny rose there best player was recently sold to fleetwood town and crowds are down around 40 percent down as they are near the foot of the table .

Since Holdsworth left it's all gone pete tong !

I agree Mozzer, but their fans have united and raised a fantastic amount of money for such a small club. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:55 pm

You were close with what you say...

The County Trust will this year give around 30K towards the budget... we do receive shares for this.

Last Wednesday a supporter had decided the moaning had to stop and supporters should raise money for Justin to have a chance to bring in his own players until the end of the season. The supporter was hopping to get 4K by Friday, but ended up getting 10K... as you say it is up around 13K and climbing. We had 2 players come in on loan last week paid for by the club, we look like raising enough money for another possible 3.. all donations will be gladly received :D :D

cheers
t
p.s Forever blue... im enjoying the latest book :oops: Up the County

Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:06 pm

Wait for the (dole) cheques to bounce.

Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:17 pm

I was the moaning fan that came up with the idea. As Mozzer said should of never gone full time
One thing we've learnt our lesson and we will be stronger for it ..
Like Tash said if any of you boys want to donate feel free. I know you've a soft spot for
The cewnty -)

Kind regards
Rob

Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:41 pm

tash wrote:You were close with what you say...

The County Trust will this year give around 30K towards the budget... we do receive shares for this.

Last Wednesday a supporter had decided the moaning had to stop and supporters should raise money for Justin to have a chance to bring in his own players until the end of the season. The supporter was hopping to get 4K by Friday, but ended up getting 10K... as you say it is up around 13K and climbing. We had 2 players come in on loan last week paid for by the club, we look like raising enough money for another possible 3.. all donations will be gladly received :D :D

cheers
t
p.s Forever blue... im enjoying the latest book :oops: Up the County

And so you should get shares :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I am a great admirer of Newport County's Trust. :ayatollah:

And thanks for the compliment regarding my latest book " My Story ". :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:43 pm

countybounty wrote:I was the moaning fan that came up with the idea. As Mozzer said should of never gone full time
Like Tash said if any of you boys want to donate feel free. I know you've a soft spot for
The cewnty -)

Kind regards
Rob

Hi County Bounty,

I hope you stay up, in fact I might never have liked your fans in the early 80's, but I never wanted you out of the league. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:23 am

tell me about it, im f*cking skint now :D

Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:30 am

To be fair, there was some amount of different fundraisers going on when we were there. It all adds up.

Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:26 am

If Newport Fans can raise this amount, surely if our fans united together we could raise the £20,700 needed for the final total before the end of the season for the Fred Keenor statue. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:29 am

Forever Blue wrote:If Newport Fans can raise this amount, surely if our fans united together we could raise the £20,700 needed for the final total before the end of the season for the Fred Keenor statue. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Who is running the FK appeal now?

Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:33 am

Forever Blue wrote:
I am a great admirer of Newport County's Trust.

And thanks for the compliment regarding my latest book " My Story ".

Don't the Supporter's Trust (or one of the other supporter's organisations) run the Bar/Pub/Social Club they have over Spytty Park?

I only hear snippits about Newport County these days (despite living in Newport) but I'm sure all the profits are given to the team.

That's an amazing contrast to us, who see every penny we spend inside CCS swallowed up by Compass :evil:

Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:39 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
I am a great admirer of Newport County's Trust.

And thanks for the compliment regarding my latest book " My Story ".

Don't the Supporter's Trust (or one of the other supporter's organisations) run the Bar/Pub/Social Club they have over Spytty Park?

I only hear snippits about Newport County these days (despite living in Newport) but I'm sure all the profits are given to the team.

That's an amazing contrast to us, who see every penny we spend inside CCS swallowed up by Compass :evil:

I think they help out, I know they provide the match day stewards Tony.

:ayatollah:

Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:17 am

Forever Blue wrote:
countybounty wrote:I was the moaning fan that came up with the idea. As Mozzer said should of never gone full time
The cewnty -)

Kind regards
Rob

Hi County Bounty,

I hope you stay up, in fact I might never have liked your fans in the early 80's, but I never wanted you out of the league. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Annis

You liked Newport so much you moved there. Well, so Supergrass Curtis said anyway!!!!!
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :D :D

Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:20 am

Ruislip Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
The cewnty -)

Kind regards
Rob

Hi County Bounty,

:lol:

Csstleton, Cardiff thanks with CF postcode. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Annis

You liked Newport so much you moved there. Well, so Supergrass Curtis said anyway!!!!!

Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:25 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Ruislip Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
The cewnty -)

Kind regards
Rob

Hi County Bounty,

:lol:

Csstleton, Cardiff thanks with CF postcode. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Annis

I'll come say hi later. By the way, do you know what pub you're going to before the game. I'll meet you there if it's convenient. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:25 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Newport County fans donate on average £25,000 a season to their club, this year they raised £26,000 and when they heard two of their players were having to move on due to lack of money at their club, their fans raised £13,000 in 4 weeks, so now these players can stay to the end of the season.

I have never been a Newport fan and never will be, but I have to applaud this as it shows how when fans put their minds to it and unite, money can be raised for their clubs. :ayatollah:

Annis...........it's no wonder we are slow donators. Last time we did it, we ended up with Kurt fecking Nogan !!! :lol:

You know I carry a candle for the County and they have several 'very, very weathy' supporters who are prepared to chuck money at them. And if CoutyBounty is about, he will know they have plenty more who moan like Hell that profits from Bar Amber do not all go straight back to the football side of the club.

Good luck to them.

Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:07 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:

I have never been a Newport fan and never will, but I have to applaud this as it shows how when fans put their minds to it and unite, money can be raised for their clubs. :ayatollah:

Its gonna rain for 12 days and nights now Chief :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

wELL DONT WEAR THAT FKING COAT IT WILL FALL APART , ITS DRY CLEAN ONLY ! :lol:

Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:09 pm

Bet all the money was nicked -----scabby, thieving lot in that Newport (aka we luvs liverpool we duz innit) ;)

Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:12 pm

Blue In Cwmbran wrote:

Annis...........it's no wonder we are slow donators. Last time we did it, we ended up with Kurt fecking Nogan !!! :lol:

You know I carry a candle for the County and they have several 'very, very weathy' supporters who are prepared to chuck money at them. And if CoutyBounty is about, he will know they have plenty more who moan like Hell that profits from Bar Amber do not all go straight back to the football side of the club.

Good luck to them.

Hiya. Pete I'm a director of Baramber and can assure you all our profits go to the club
Problem is we need to develop our function side !!

Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:30 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
The cewnty -)

Kind regards
Rob

Hi County Bounty,

Annis. I'm older than you ( not much -) but have never had a problem with Kardiff and was a big fan in the early 70's
And was a regular when the likes of Tony Evans Adrian Alston and Freddie Pethard grace the hallow turf . 

I sincerely hope you guys  get to the premier league you deserve it . 
I wish my club would follow the Youth policy that has delivered 
So much for you guys over the years . I also pleased that we might have two welsh clubs in the premier league next season

Fair play welsh footballs on the up !! I just hope my beloved county work out the master plan that you and the jacks have bought into 

Cewntybewnty x

Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:59 pm

is the answer £39,000 :?: