Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CHRIS COLEMAN FOR WALES !

Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:58 pm

There is talk that Chris Coleman is Ready to come back to Football here in Wales as Manager. Lets Watch this space :ayatollah: :old:

Re: CHRIS COLEMAN FOR WALES !

Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:58 pm

Oh God...

Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:59 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:There is talk that Chris Coleman is Ready to come back to Football here in Wales as Manager. Lets Watch this space :ayatollah: :old:

i hope not

Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:01 pm

My initial response to hearing this was no feckin way.But after deliberating over it for a while my response was still no feckin way!!

Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:10 pm

6 bysedd wrote:My initial response to hearing this was no feckin way.But after deliberating over it for a while my response was still no feckin way!!

Agreed.

Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:13 pm

I really hope not, we need to go forward not backwards. He will undo all the fantastic work that Gary Speed (RIP) done.
Please Welsh FA NOT Coleman

Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:00 pm

Bryan Flynn please or Mark Hughes (unless he signs for QPR)

Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:06 pm

Hartson for me. With an experienced no2 , maybe Flynn to help him out. We've got a great squad of young bright players, they know what to do, they just need someone to get them to turn up and motivate them. Big John would do this, he would have the respect of the players and also has all his coaching badges.

Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:08 pm

No. No. No.

That is all.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:10 pm

harold pinta wrote:Hartson for me. With an experienced no2 , maybe Flynn to help him out. We've got a great squad of young bright players, they know what to do, they just need someone to get them to turn up and motivate them. Big John would do this, he would have the respect of the players and also has all his coaching badges.

I agree.Not sure how welcome he'd be though.

Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:48 pm

3 years ago i would have said yes please, but not know
his style of football is completely opposite to that which we have been playing of late and i would see it as 2 steps backwards

Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:53 pm

Tony Pulis please.

Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:58 pm

Sheep Flavour wrote:Tony Pulis please.

Though I would doubt he would leave Stoke at this time.

Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:06 pm

Sheep Flavour wrote:

Don't think our players are big enough for his liking.

Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:11 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Sheep Flavour wrote:

Don't think our players are big enough for his liking.

TBH I think that he played with Stoke and the players he had to the best of his abilty and did what he can to bring them up and keep them there. I think they have played a few different styles this season but they are tared with the same old brush.

But in the long run I just hope whoever takes over keeps up the level of style and team work that Speedo injected back in to the team.

RIP Gary.

Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:14 pm

Not saying they'd play bad football but he likes big players and Wales have mostly small players.

Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:18 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Not saying they'd play bad football but he likes big players and Wales have mostly small players.

Fair enough, you are right there :D

Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:28 pm

harold pinta wrote:Hartson for me. With an experienced no2 , maybe Flynn to help him out. We've got a great squad of young bright players, they know what to do, they just need someone to get them to turn up and motivate them. Big John would do this, he would have the respect of the players and also has all his coaching badges.

Yes, all the coaching badges. And not even a non-league team wanted him.

Motivate? The guy who couldn't even motivate himself to work on his fitness at WBA, preferring to take money under false pretences? Who lacked the respect for his nation to have retired when it was clear he was a) past it and b) always going to be selected, despite form, by Hughes.

Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:35 am

Deffo a step backwards........

Deano would be a better candidate.

Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:17 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16482590.stm

The FAW need to do the right thing for once here and LISTEN for a fecking change.

Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:31 pm

polo wrote:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16482590.stm

The FAW need to do the right thing for once here and LISTEN for a fecking change.

Was just about to post the same link.

Totally agreed with Ramsey until he said the words Ian Rush :shock:

Giggs for me everyday.

Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:59 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
polo wrote:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16482590.stm

Was just about to post the same link.

Totally agreed with Ramsey until he said the words Ian Rush :shock:

Giggs for me everyday.

Id honestly put the dutch guy in charge. i think he was / is the brains behind this current set-up.

Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:01 pm

please no not coleman he hasnt achieved anything in his football life :roll:

Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:11 pm

Personally i would like Coleman mainly because he said he'd keep all of Speed's staff on so wouldnt be to much change! Did a good job at fulham as well.

Ideally would want Giggs but thats not goingg to happen!