Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Derisory

Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:46 pm

I think even the rosies on this board would consider City's offer of 400 hundred k a derisory offer for a player of Noon's caliber all it achieves is upsetting the people your doing business with and leaving the gate wide open for other clubs to out bid us and snap up the player concerned,Malky and those who are assisting him in this transfer window must learn not withstanding some notable exceptions,if you pay peanuts you get monkeys,so i say once more to Malky stop dithering get real, identify your targets bid a realistic offer and get your man before another club does

Re: Derisory

Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:50 pm

Going in low is basic business practice. No club in their right mind is going to offer the full amount in the first bid. I'm glad to see we are trying to get value for money, not throwing stupid money at players like Hammam used to, and spending years paying for it.

Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:00 pm

your right, as not to upset Brighton we should just offer £5m :roll:

Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:01 pm

harold pinta wrote:Going in low is basic business practice. No club in their right mind is going to offer the full amount in the first bid. I'm glad to see we are trying to get value for money, not throwing stupid money at players like Hammam used to, and spending years paying for it.

correct

Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:08 pm

I'M not suggesting we offer stupid money like 5 million CraigCCFC but simply don't wast time by making an offer you know is going to be dismissed out of hand

Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:13 pm

angelis49 wrote:I'M not suggesting we offer stupid money like 5 million CraigCCFC but simply don't wast time by making an offer you know is going to be dismissed out of hand

Pretty much any initial bid would have been knocked back. By only bidding the reported 400k is only to test the water,which is exactly what has happened as there has been no statement of the player being unavailable.

Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:22 pm

Angelis what i dont understand about you mate is that you call pple like me the rosies which obviously has a fair deal of sarcasm attached to it while you call yourself a realist then when pple respond accordingly you throw your toys out of the pram and say you wont be posting again etc :?

Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:33 pm

Do we know for sure it was 400,000?? I thought they were reports? Not facts??

Someone fill me in, im not sure

Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:38 pm

He's also only just completed the 1sy year of a 3 and a half year contract! So will require more of a fee than 400,000 and even 700,000 IMO.

Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:17 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:your right, as not to upset Brighton we should just offer £5m :roll:

Are you the riddler :D :D :D :D :D :D

Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:21 pm

jammsy 1927 wrote:
CraigCCFC wrote:your right, as not to upset Brighton we should just offer £5m :roll:

Are you the riddler :D :D :D :D :D :D

:lol: I actually thought that when I read the OP. Mind you it can't be argued that old Pete wouldn't have f**ked about, £2m down payment, £20,000 p/w wages plus a £100k backhander to the agent would have ensured Noone was here last Monday never mind this one.

Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:50 pm

angelis49 wrote:I think even the rosies on this board would consider City's offer of 400 hundred k a derisory offer for a player of Noon's caliber all it achieves is upsetting the people your doing business with and leaving the gate wide open for other clubs to out bid us and snap up the player concerned,Malky and those who are assisting him in this transfer window must learn not withstanding some notable exceptions,if you pay peanuts you get monkeys,so i say once more to Malky stop dithering get real, identify your targets bid a realistic offer and get your man before another club does

Its a standard opening gambit. Do you know if it was a straight cash offer
of 400k up front?? I dont. But that would be tempting for many Clubs right
now... then they sit down, negotiate the add-ons, players in exchange.

Remember, Swansea got Scott Sinclair for only 500k last season

If Malky had gone in offering 1m, Brighton would have pissed themselves,
asked for 2m... then settled for 1.5m

Does anything about this current regime please you?

Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:08 am

My dear thehumblegringo i think you have mistaken the reasons for me not posting anymore comments for not liking anyone to disagree with my view,i think you referred to it as throwing my toys out of the pram when in fact it was because of the verbal abuse i was getting from the rosies on here,let me make it clear once again that a welcome a good honest debate but it has to be carried out with respect of other peoples point of view without abuse,something I'm sure you would agree with,i decided to start posting again after coming to the conclusion i was not going to be bullied on here simply because i gave a different point of view from the vast majority,as for me using the term rosies,i will as a special favor to your good-self,resist from using the term again ....i remain your obedient servant angelis49

Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:19 am

My dear taffyapple,how nice to hear from you again,reports of your demise would seem to be ,I'm happy to say somewhat premature...may i turn your question to me on its head and ask you is there anything regarding the present regime that you disagree with?...i await your response with great interest

Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:29 pm

angelis49 wrote:My dear taffyapple,how nice to hear from you again,reports of your demise would seem to be ,I'm happy to say somewhat premature...may i turn your question to me on its head and ask you is there anything regarding the present regime that you disagree with?...i await your response with great interest

Indeed there is good sir.

I'm not over the moon with the overstating of our Malaysian links around
the ground. We are Welsh first, last and always. Malaysia is fine by me
but lets not get carried away!! I think its time they told Wayne Nash to
f**k off and let the supporters stand if they wish. I think they are trying
too hard to make us a 'family Club'... because without the 'lads'... without
a good piss up and a good sing song... the CCS will NEVER be popular, except
with the prawn sandwich lot.

Thats about it like :D

I dont feel qualified to pass judgement on how much they are/arent spending
on players.. not when they are evidently doing a damn good job of taking this
club forward