Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Sherlock

Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:23 pm

Anyone been watching the mini series? I personally love them, especially the first series.
Best thing on tele in years and beyye than the films that cost hundreds of millions :ayatollah:

Licence fee money being use well for a change.

Re: Sherlock

Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:30 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Anyone been watching the mini series? I personally love them, especially the first series.
Best thing on tele in years and beyye than the films that cost hundreds of millions :ayatollah:

got these on series link... will be watching both so far on wed day off..

Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:35 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Anyone been watching the mini series? I personally love them, especially the first series.

IMO the first was better than the second but enjoyed both.

Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:38 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:

IMO the first was better than the second but enjoyed both.

thought the first series was excellent..

im sure i will enjoy the 2nd series...

good to see a few good programmes of lately...

did you by any chance watch public enemies last week?

thought it wasnt bad..

Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:42 pm

Love the series! Nice to see another bbc cymru program doing well as well.

Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:52 pm

I didn't see public enemies, not a massive TV watcher, more into films and the footie but Sherlock got me hooked.

Cardiff and surrounding areas have done well getting these shows and getting a good rep :ayatollah:

I notices the BA plane at the end of the first episode was at the BA hanger by the airport :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:52 pm

Brilliant though Season 2 Ep 1 was better than Season 1 Ep 2, but yeah Season 1 was a triumph of TV. All of them are better than Sherlock Holmes 2.

Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:54 pm

RFMH wrote:Brilliant though Season 2 Ep 1 was better than Season 1 Ep 2, but yeah Season 1 was a triumph of TV. All of them are better than Sherlock Holmes 2.

Espiode one was very much in keeping with the last series I thought. Tonight a little different but enjoyable.

Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:30 pm

I am loving the Sherlock series. I think this series is shading it, but only just.

Well done BBC Wales and the excellent Mark Gatiss from the league if gentlemen fame.

Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:58 am

Personally i don't like the films? I was dissapointed they did them so dates instead of a modern version

Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:26 am

season 1 amazing, season 2 ep 1 amazing, season 2 ep 2 disappointing.

Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:56 am

Davidreesevans wrote:season 1 amazing, season 2 ep 1 amazing, season 2 ep 2 disappointing.

It all had to be good. They were told, "Come on now, no shit Serlock" :D

Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:56 am

2blue2handle wrote:Personally i don't like the films? I was dissapointed they did them so dates instead of a modern version

I thought the first film was awesome, not as good as the BBC version, but a very good twist on the story and character. But the second film just seemed lazy like a hollywood "it'll make cash whatever so just get it done however" sort of sequel.

I can see where Davidreesevans might be coming from about last night it was a tad different than the others about drug warfare and secret bases. But I thought the dialogue all the way through was brilliant.

"Undercover with a stupid name like GREG?!?"

"Sherlock that's his name."

"Is it.. oh."

Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:01 am

Thought this was a link to ex City and Newport player Steve Sherlock from the 80's ?? :ayatollah: :old: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:29 pm

Still think the first episode was the best of the second series but tonight's a close second.
Thrilling, emotional, entertaining, quality and can't wait for the next lot already.

Don't wanna spoil the end for anyone but I can't see how? Lol

I'd pay to watch these compared to the poor films.

Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:17 am

Brilliant series, got the last one from tonight, can't wait to get a chance to watch it tomoz :)

Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:53 am

welshie wrote:Brilliant series, got the last one from tonight, can't wait to get a chance to watch it tomoz :)

Id be keen to see the first series again tbh.

What are people's thoughts on Dr Watsons actor? I forget his name but guy from the office.
I can't decide if he is the right actor or not.

Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:56 am

The pub in the Hounds of the Baskerville is actually The Bush in St Hilary..!!

Been all over the radio and papers....."Oh, what a lovely pub. Where is it?"

Now you know. They expecting loads of Sherlock fans to pilgramage.

Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:44 pm

Best ever Sherlock Holmes was Jeremy Brett , anyone who ever read a Holmes story, ( By Doyle ) will know that Bret had all the Quirks and Mannerisms that Doyle gives Holmes in the books.
Bret really is the very best Holmes ever.

Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:00 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
welshie wrote:Brilliant series, got the last one from tonight, can't wait to get a chance to watch it tomoz :)

Id be keen to see the first series again tbh.

What are people's thoughts on Dr Watsons actor? I forget his name but guy from the office.
I can't decide if he is the right actor or not.

Edward Hardwicke is the best Watson, he plays Watson like Watson would have been. Not like a dickhead as some actors play him. Holmes wouldnt have ever had a dick around him. He was his best friend and to live with someone that was a right dickhead wouldnt have lasted long with Holmes. Holmes needed someoene he could trust as he documented his cases for holmes. Also on a number of times Holmes ask Watson , O Watson ! You will saty wont you ? . If watson had been a real dickhead Holmes wouldnt have wanted him around.