A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT OUR NEW GENERATION OF FANS? "

Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:19 pm

LOl steve,were did u train??tombstone
Ps how's the jacket? :x

Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:27 pm

krabb wrote:
dai-ton wrote:I have supported Cardiff City for 37 years with pride passion and sometimes aggression. :old: Being in the lower divisions during the 80s & 90s i beleive we have lost a generation of fans. The fans we got now havent got the passion for football like we had and it shows today at the CCS. It's the older fans trying to get the atmosphere going. I am not comparing the CCS with Ninian Park as we will never get the same atmosphere as the old bear pit. the fans of today like to sit and watch the football they also want to know more what the club directors are upto. Worry more about swansea and what they are doing. i am glade i was around in the 70s 80s 90s thats when football supporters had Passion,Pride and Aggression all standing and singing together really getting behind the boys on the pitch. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: bring back the good old bad days.(sadly gone for ever)

one thing you got wrong is the fact people dont all want to sit and watch.....they are ordered to sit.........this has killed the atmosphere :( :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Spot on Kevin and because they went out of their way to split us all up was the final nail in the atmospheres coffin.

Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:52 pm

swansealad69 wrote:LOl steve,were did u train??tombstone
Ps how's the jacket? :x

Gave up over 14 years ago. Combo of injuries and time with my nipper being born. Still miss the sport even today. Not a day goes by that i wish i was doing it full pelt :cry: Back then i was ripped to f**k :D :lol: As for the Jacket its quality mate :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:52 pm

dai-ton wrote:I have supported Cardiff City for 37 years with pride passion and sometimes aggression. :old: Being in the lower divisions during the 80s & 90s i beleive we have lost a generation of fans. The fans we got now havent got the passion for football like we had and it shows today at the CCS. It's the older fans trying to get the atmosphere going. I am not comparing the CCS with Ninian Park as we will never get the same atmosphere as the old bear pit. the fans of today like to sit and watch the football they also want to know more what the club directors are upto. Worry more about swansea and what they are doing. i am glade i was around in the 70s 80s 90s thats when football supporters had Passion,Pride and Aggression all standing and singing together really getting behind the boys on the pitch. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: bring back the good old bad days.(sadly gone for ever)

well i werent around in the 70s like u dodo chico lewis robertson and all u other old fuckers dave :D , but i agree with u about what ur saying m8. i wont say too much on here about it, coz i will get some knobhead replying about how great the atmosphere is down there now, and we all gotta get behind the boys. trebanog bus for the final if we get there m8??????????????? :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:35 am

I HAVE BEEN A FAN FOR JUST OVER 40 YEARS I REMEMBER BEING TOLD IN THE 70S ITS NOT LIKE THE GOOD OLD DAYS. TIME WILL ALLWAYS GO ON I INTRODUCED MY SON AND RECENTLY MY GRANDSON TO TO THE CITY AND WE ALL STLL LOVE THE CITY.S THE GOOD TIMES ARE HERE NOW LETS ENJOY THEM ,THIRD IN THE LEAGUE CUP SEMI NEW PLAYERS ON THE WAY LETS STOP MOANING THE PRICK BEHIND ME WAS MOANING WE GAVE THE BALL AWAY TO EASILY AGAINST READING. LAST YEARS MANAGER AND SQUAD ARE EXACTLY THAT LAST YEARS WHY BE INTERESTED IN WHAT DAVE JONES IS DOING ON SUNDAY AFTERNOONS, I HOPE HE ENJOYED HIMSELF ,HE BROUGHT LOADS OF ENJOYMENT TO ME AND MY FAMILY WHO CAN HONESTLY SAY THEY NEVER ENJOYED THE FA CUP QUARTER FINAL WHAT A DAY SEMI FINAL GREAT DAY MOVE ON LADS AND ENJOY THIS TEAM AND MANAGEMENT.PS THIS WEEK IS GOINT TO COST ME A FORTUNE GOOD LUCK BOYS ILL B THERE

Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:22 pm

charlie seldon wrote:

well i werent around in the 70s like u dodo chico lewis robertson and all u other old fuckers dave :D , but i agree with u about what ur saying m8. i wont say too much on here about it, coz i will get some knobhead replying about how great the atmosphere is down there now, and we all gotta get behind the boys. trebanog bus for the final if we get there m8??????????????? :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Yes Buddy. lets get the Battle bus rolling. :old: :old: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:05 pm

Thats why i like seeing some old heads round the ground. Show people who don't know what its like, and show them how it is done.

IMO people these days are alot more spoilt then the lads in the 80's, times were harder and the footie was seen as an absolute luxary whereas now its technology.

Having said that in city's like Cardiff you will always have the head cases, and you will always have the normal fan. Our fans are wuite unique and when we want to be we are very passionate.

I suppose thats just the way football is now.