Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " Noone to sign for us on Monday for £700k "

Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:15 am

This post was wrong. True story :/

Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:49 pm

Just to give you a bit of background on this post (mainly in reply to some of the hater tarts on here) one of my best mates who moved from Caerphilly to Crawley a few years back, has got friendly with a few Brighton players (not Noone though) and it was the players themselves who were convinced Noone was leaving - they said exactly that.

We didnt get the specifics from the players as to what the hold up was, however the expectation within the Brighton squad after we submitted our first bid was he was defo leaving - it was just a matter of sorting out the details between the two clubs. This is why I believed this deal would be completed 100%.

As Carl has advised since, it appears the rug was pulled right from under Noone's feet when the Chairman came back on the scene...the belief was that deal wouldve been done without that final intervention.

Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:50 pm

JonScam wrote:Just to give you a bit of background on this post (mainly in reply to some of the hater tarts on here) one of my best mates who moved from Caerphilly to Crawley a few years back, has got friendly with a few Brighton players (not Noone though) and it was the players themselves who were convinced Noone was leaving - they said exactly that.

We didnt get the specifics from the players as to what the hold up was, however the expectation within the Brighton squad after we submitted our first bid was he was defo leaving - it was just a matter of sorting out the details between the two clubs. This is why I believed this deal would be completed 100%.

As Carl has advised since, it appears the rug was pulled right from under Noone's feet when the Chairman came back on the scene...the belief was that deal wouldve been done without that final intervention.

True Jon :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:45 pm

I have it on good advice he's signing tomorrow :lol: :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:46 pm

JonScam wrote:I have it on good advice he's signing tomorrow :lol: :ayatollah:

ITK. ;) :ayatollah: