Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Any ideas !! I want to raise money for

Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:51 pm

The Multiple Sclerosis society on Myelin repair which is currently under way and a cure is expected in about 10 years time. This is by using Stem Cell research.
My original thought was walking between the CCS and the Liberty but the Rosser Family more or less did that. So any sensible suggestions on what i can do ? Looking to do something later on this year :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Any ideas !! I want to raise money for

Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:53 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:The Multiple Sclerosis society on Myelin repair which is currently under way and a cure is expected in about 10 years time. This is by using Stem Cell research.
My original thought was walking between the CCS and the Liberty but the Rosser Family more or less did that. So any sensible suggestions on what i can do ? Looking to do something later on this year :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

i know its been done nukes,but football games seem to do well,either a tournament or a game against the jacks again or similar :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:55 pm

How about something along the lines of cycling, similar to the taff trail!!!!

http://www.tafftrail.org.uk/index.html

Could get all Cardiff fans involved, since majority of them reside within these areas. :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:56 pm

Walk to wembley if we reach carling cup final?
Get publicity and see if you can get sponsorship from carling.
See if you can get a few fans to do it.
I may be up for it if I can get fit in time.

Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:56 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:The Multiple Sclerosis society on Myelin repair which is currently under way and a cure is expected in about 10 years time. This is by using Stem Cell research.

How about the 3 peaks challenge mate :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:58 pm

Interesting ones there Lads defo :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:02 pm

I cant remember what the discipline is,but you got to run,swim and finish by bike.you need to be fit for this one :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:02 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Interesting ones there Lads defo :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

A forum walk to wembley for possible carling cup final?

Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:12 pm

boxerbob wrote:I cant remember what the discipline is,but you got to run,swim and finish by bike.you need to be fit for this one :ayatollah:

tri-athlon :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:13 pm

krabb wrote:
boxerbob wrote:I cant remember what the discipline is,but you got to run,swim and finish by bike.you need to be fit for this one :ayatollah:

tri-athlon :ayatollah:

cheers krabb :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:13 pm

a pool tournament,£10 to enter and the winner wins....... nothing ,but the chance to hand the envelope over to yourself for your charity :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:18 am

nukes why don,t you put a concert on.the last 3 decembers my mates and me have put a gig on at a local social club.my mate is in a band so he plays and we get young bands to play.none of the bands get paid ,the club sort them a few drinks.everybody bar the bands,myself included pay a fiver .we do it for help 4 heroes .the worst we,ve raised is 821pound.if you do a raffle,few bottles etc that should pay for the p.a.most clubs would snatch your hand off as they,d rake it in over the bar.just need a venue of around 200.also one of my mates sorts a golf day in june.we all do a round pairing lads who play with lads like me who don,t.then back to club.we pay a tenner each .the golf course drop their rate a bit as we go at 8.30am and its a charity bash.this isn,t so money spinning but some charity benefits so its good.plus all the lads get a day on the lash.except me as i don,t drink.it,s great to have a day with your mates and be able to help someone at the same time

Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:32 am

Taff Trail sounds a good call Nukes :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:37 am

Sponsored Blow Job

Anyone not wishing to give you knbo nosh in the "pub to be named" has to give you 5 quid or suck you off.

Women are not allowed cos that would be racist and I would strongly advise not advertising such an event to the CCMB lot oterwise your willy would be very sore indeed.

Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:41 am

Whose this baker? Already offered 15 pounds to be first :o

Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:42 am

Just a thought,what about a series of quiz nights with questions only about Cardiff City at say the Ninian park, you could invite some current and ex Cardiff players to enter a team which would surely increase numbers,You could charge £20 a team and ask Len Ashurst to donate a trophy for weekly winners of heats who then go to the final,you could throw in a raffle,No fitness involved plenty of ale and cash raised. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:46 am

I will give this some serious thought and get back to you later on today. Nukes try and organise something you won't have to train for as it's time consuming, don't get me wrong, it is all worth it and also do you have the time to train for a bike ride or a sponsored walk or run, what about a fishing match where everyone pays an entry fee and you get a big fishing shop in Cardiff to donate the main prize or anyone else and also then you can get smaller prizes. You could also organise a raffle, come on peeps lets give Nukes some ideas.

The ultimate would be get a boxing gym or club, ask say for 16 people to be a part of a charity boxing match, all 16 people have to be sponsored at least £ 100, sponsorship could be through here by friends of the people, they could all open up a just giving site and get sponsors that way. You would have to talk to an insurance company to see if they would sponsor the event with complimentary insurance.

If someone decided to get involved as the main sponsor and chucked up a chunk of cash, maybe you could call it their company name charity boxing tournament.

Anyway leave it with me, I will come back with a couple more later.

Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:59 am

Cardiff half marathon is in October. You could always raise plenty of money on sponserships

Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:02 am

Have a cake sale outside of the stadium. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:27 am

SPONSORED, sit on every seat in the stadium within 12 hours, something novel and besides for sponsorship, people can come along to support and make a donation on the day.

Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:12 am

Reecos boxing idea is class. I'd love to do it

Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:16 pm

There is a lot off quality ideas here Lads i am liking a lot of them. Top bunch you lot :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:20 pm

dazzyt wrote:Just a thought,what about a series of quiz nights with questions only about Cardiff City at say the Ninian park, you could invite some current and ex Cardiff players to enter a team which would surely increase numbers,You could charge £20 a team and ask Len Ashurst to donate a trophy for weekly winners of heats who then go to the final,you could throw in a raffle,No fitness involved plenty of ale and cash raised. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

That's a great idea :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:30 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:There is a lot off quality ideas here Lads i am liking a lot of them. Top bunch you lot :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

you could start byselling that bloody awful coat,there we are £30 already :D :D :D sorry nukes :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:32 pm

krabb wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:There is a lot off quality ideas here Lads i am liking a lot of them. Top bunch you lot :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

you could start byselling that bloody awful coat,there we are £30 already :D :D :D sorry nukes :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:lol: :lol:

Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:46 pm

Got to agree mate,but the coat is a defo start,,allso judgeing by your face book you are involved with karate?is ther some sort of somthing along them lines,allso a sponsord walk from lego to concrete bowl would allways raise money,you could get intouch with both clubs and ask them to put somthing in the programs,,,I'm sure both clubs will want to show willing to some extent,as building bridges....but you realy need to sit down with the who ever it is you doing it for to get ther backing..anyway goodluck fella,

Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:03 pm

swansealad69 wrote:Got to agree mate,but the coat is a defo start,,allso judgeing by your face book you are involved with karate?is ther some sort of somthing along them lines,allso a sponsord walk from lego to concrete bowl would allways raise money,you could get intouch with both clubs and ask them to put somthing in the programs,,,I'm sure both clubs will want to show willing to some extent,as building bridges....but you realy need to sit down with the who ever it is you doing it for to get ther backing..anyway goodluck fella,

Maybe not crackland but another ground!! Make it more scenic :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:04 pm

Steve, how about a sponsored leg wax???? Men only of course!!! I did it when I raised some money for Habitat for Humanity when I went over to Ghana building houses. You do it in a pub...so you get pissed......my wife will do the waxing for free(qualified)......and a mate of mine would provide the equipment for nowt!!! Just an idea but if a few lads are willing to give it a go then you can raise thousands...we did!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Only issue is that it takes weeks for the hair to grow back.....hurts like feck on the back of the knees and ankles.....and you end up with smoother legs than your wife/girlfriend for a few weeks :lol:

Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:12 pm

Dange wrote:Steve, how about a sponsored leg wax???? Men only of course!!! I did it when I raised some money for Habitat for Humanity when I went over to Ghana building houses. You do it in a pub...so you get pissed......my wife will do the waxing for free(qualified)......and a mate of mine would provide the equipment for nowt!!! Just an idea but if a few lads are willing to give it a go then you can raise thousands...we did!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Only issue is that it takes weeks for the hair to grow back.....hurts like feck on the back of the knees and ankles.....and you end up with smoother legs than your wife/girlfriend for a few weeks :lol:

Crack and sack?? :D

Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:19 pm

Canton stand baz wrote:
Dange wrote:Steve, how about a sponsored leg wax???? Men only of course!!! I did it when I raised some money for Habitat for Humanity when I went over to Ghana building houses. You do it in a pub...so you get pissed......my wife will do the waxing for free(qualified)......and a mate of mine would provide the equipment for nowt!!! Just an idea but if a few lads are willing to give it a go then you can raise thousands...we did!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Crack and sack?? :D

People paid extra for that last time........apparently!!! :o