Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Any ideas !! I want to raise money for

Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:19 pm

Canton stand baz wrote:
Dange wrote:Steve, how about a sponsored leg wax???? Men only of course!!! I did it when I raised some money for Habitat for Humanity when I went over to Ghana building houses. You do it in a pub...so you get pissed......my wife will do the waxing for free(qualified)......and a mate of mine would provide the equipment for nowt!!! Just an idea but if a few lads are willing to give it a go then you can raise thousands...we did!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Only issue is that it takes weeks for the hair to grow back.....hurts like feck on the back of the knees and ankles.....and you end up with smoother legs than your wife/girlfriend for a few weeks :lol:

Crack and sack?? :D

Trust You :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:06 pm

How about a 24 hrs Table tennis marathon ,also the weather wont matter and you dont need that much room. And Ask for 1 or 2 Cardiff City players to play 1 of the games. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :old:

Then sell that fking coat ! :lol:

Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:31 pm

Keep the fooking coat out of it you lot :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:58 pm

Just brining it back up to the top :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:25 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:The Multiple Sclerosis society on Myelin repair which is currently under way and a cure is expected in about 10 years time. This is by using Stem Cell research.
My original thought was walking between the CCS and the Liberty but the Rosser Family more or less did that. So any sensible suggestions on what i can do ? Looking to do something later on this year :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Steve, simple solution....

Contact the Bluebirds (or Costco/Asda) and see if you can commandeer part of their car park for a Charity Car Wash

Insurance MIGHT be an issue but if you contact the MS Society I am pretty sure they will have some kind of fund-raising insurance available if the proceeds are going to them (as they obviously are)

My own works charity certainly provides this cover for such events, so I assume one as large as the MS Society would too

I am sure LOTS of members on here, including me, would be more than willing to lend a hand and I am also sure one of the local garages or outlets (e.g. Costco, Evans Halshaw or Halfords) would help in providing buckets, sponges, etc

It has been done before and it is known to make good money in a relatively short time, as the public are superb at supporting such wothwhile charities and events. They also get something in return; a clean car!!

If you need any help, advice and/or info PM me :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:11 am

sponsored eyebrow shave :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:09 am

Nukes just to give this a bump, why not do a couple of the fund raising ideas, I would be more than happy to donate a day, half a day or a couple of hours to do the car wash. ATB. Reeco

Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:44 am

What about sponsored pub golf through Canton and Grangetown? 18 holes, sorry I mean pubs, one pint in each pub, each swig of the pint is one shot and the winner is the person with the least number of swigs!

I'm sure there'd be plenty of volunteers from here! :D

:ayatollah:

Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:50 am

Reeco From Abertawe wrote:Nukes just to give this a bump, why not do a couple of the fund raising ideas, I would be more than happy to donate a day, half a day or a couple of hours to do the car wash. ATB. Reeco

The wife thinks this idea is good Chief and thank you for your kind offer you are a true gent :ayatollah: