Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " WEDNESDAY JANUARY 4th 2012 UPDATE "

Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:26 pm

steve davies wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Steve,

Have PMG (Paul Guy and Mike Hall ) made millions out of the retail park/land etc by getting involved with City, Please mate be honest ? :ayatollah:

annis
im not saying he did not make money out of it but his accounts do not show the millions people make out.
i just wish people would appreciate that when the club needed him to he stuck his money in especially for 6 months after black friday and when we needed the 9 million to complete the stadium.
In fairness annis he has probably recognised the fact that he made money out of the retail park and has converted a large part of the money lent to complete the stadium into shares therefore reducing the clubs debt but it was his money.
as far a i have always been concerned the real villian of the piece in raping and squandering the clubs assets was the riddler pmg dont even come close to him.

So PMG made some money out of the development, lent £9m to the club and have since seen £6m turned into shares.

Good business by them, good news for the club that they have a new stadium and don't owe an awful lot of that original PMG debt back to them.

Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:28 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
steve davies wrote:

Have PMG (Paul Guy and Mike Hall ) made millions out of the retail park/land etc by getting involved with City, Please mate be honest ? :ayatollah:

annis
im not saying he did not make money out of it but his accounts do not show the millions people make out.
i just wish people would appreciate that when the club needed him to he stuck his money in especially for 6 months after black friday and when we needed the 9 million to complete the stadium.
In fairness annis he has probably recognised the fact that he made money out of the retail park and has converted a large part of the money lent to complete the stadium into shares therefore reducing the clubs debt but it was his money.
as far a i have always been concerned the real villian of the piece in raping and squandering the clubs assets was the riddler pmg dont even come close to him.

So PMG made some money out of the development, lent £9m to the club and have since seen £6m turned into shares.

Good business by them, good news for the club that they have a new stadium and don't owe an awful lot of that original PMG debt back to them.

thanks tim

you put what i was trying to say into a easier context :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:37 pm

great read carl thanks and rip fellow bluebird :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:39 pm

steve davies wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:
steve davies wrote:

annis

thanks tim

you put what i was trying to say into a easier context :ayatollah:

Lets all be honest we are talking about millions upon millions regarding the whole retail developments and plots of lands.

Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:32 pm

steve davies wrote:

annis

Thats where you lose bra.

Riddler was a front. For PMG. Everything he did had to be passed off by PMG.
Unless your saying old Riddles was a majority shareholder when 'he' came out
with all these schemes???

Or is Paul Guy, multi-millionaire entrepeneur more gullible than all of us lot
put together?? I doubt that? He was desperate for that scheme to come to a
finish..... and cash in. Ground or no ground, City or no City.... PMG would
still have had the land

Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:52 pm

taffyapple wrote:
steve davies wrote:

annis

still have had the land

Spot on Dave,

The Riddler was the front man who took all the blame.

Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:05 am

How many signings can you see coming in Annis? :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:07 am

SamCCFC1927 wrote:How many signings can you see coming in Annis? :ayatollah:

2 max, hope I am wrong Sam. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:08 am

Does that include that keeper? :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:26 am

SamCCFC1927 wrote:Does that include that keeper? :ayatollah:

No. :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:01 am

taffyapple wrote:
steve davies wrote:

annis

still have had the land

what a load of bollocks bra as you put it
so the riddler was a front for pmg despite the fact it was sam who brought the riddler to the club in the first place.
go back through the share listings bra and prior to the malaysians investing the riddler held the most shares.

as to pmg having the land ground or no ground absolute bollocks again.
the retail park had to have in excess of 55% of its capacity taken up before the council would release the funds or land for the stadium build.
sam and capitol and regional could not bring anyone to the project apart from costco so thats why the stadium floundered and was delayed until pmg got involved.
as i said in previous posts where was anybody else when the project was 9 million pounds short and why did langston not take the project on themselves in the first place after all if they were owed all those millions why not spend another 10 and reap all the rewards of the retail park and other income streams for themselves.
if sam had been able to do what pmg had done no one would bat an eyelid.
the fact of the matter is that without the 9 million the stadium would not have been completed and i dont think the malaysians would be here now if we were stuck at ninian park.
but dont let the facts get in the way of your obsession of slating pmg off

Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:04 am

Forever Blue wrote:
taffyapple wrote:
steve davies wrote:

annis

still have had the land

Spot on Dave,

well he conned us all then annis because who was it we all marched against if not the riddler

Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:25 am

Don't see a problem in it. PMG are a business and like any other business they are looking to make a profit. Ok, so they made a few quid off the back of Cardiff City Football Club, but in the process they have contributed towards saving Cardiff City during difficult times. As for the Riddler -fecking parasite (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parasitism) - enough said. :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:10 am

When it comes to the malaysians i look at their public statements and can see that they have honoured everything they have said so far. with PMG it's more diffucult because they are not public figures in the media etc so it's hard to gauge their role.
One thing i will say though is that cardiff city fans dont seem to be happy unless they have a villain to target!

Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:38 am

steve davies wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
taffyapple wrote:
steve davies wrote:

annis

still have had the land

Spot on Dave,

well he conned us all then annis because who was it we all marched against if not the riddler

Steve, We marched against the Riddler because yes he was a con man, but also the front man and he had to be removed.

Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:44 pm

Annis does that include kiss? :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:26 pm

Midfield general wrote:Carl if its ok with you I'll wait and see with regards to the backing of MM after January

Wrong thread.

Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:50 pm

SamCCFC1927 wrote:Annis does that include kiss? :ayatollah:

No. :ayatollah:

Re: " UPDATE WEDNESDAY JANUARY 4th 2012 "

Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:09 pm

Thanks for the update Carl/Annis :ayatollah:

Any idea's if the money available to Malky will be enough to go for potential permanent signings of young talented players near the end of there contracts like he went for when he came here or just money available to cover a few loan fee's/wages to see the season out??

If you aint able to reply i understand :ayatollah:

ATB
Tim

Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:38 am

Spot on Carl :ayatollah:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... rough.html

Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:49 am

Usually your updates are a good read Carl, this however is poor.

The sad death of Leigh should have been the main topic and not some end of paragraph note :o
R.I.P. and thoughts go out to his family.

Secondly, your update does say 12+k sold all in for Palace home game.

Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:24 am

BEEP AHM wrote:Usually your updates are a good read Carl, this however is poor.

The sad death of Leigh should have been the main topic and not some end of paragraph note :o

As Carl was finishing writing up this mini update I rang him to tell him about Leigh and Carl added him straight away.

Since Malky has arrived thankfully all the antics that our players got up to under Jones no longer happen, I thought it was quite a good update, like I put out it was just a mini one. :ayatollah:

What dont you understand ?
For the Crystal Palace home fixture the Eagles have sold approximately 3,000 tickets and we have sold 12,645 to date, this includes the Palace fans.

Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:31 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

As Carl was finishing writing up this mini update I rang him to tell him about Leigh and Carl added him straight away.

Since Malky has arrived thankfully all the antics that our players got up to under Jones no longer happen, I thought it was quite a good update, like I put out it was just a mini one. :ayatollah:

For the Crystal Palace home fixture the Eagles have sold approximately 3,000 tickets and we have sold 12,645 to date, this includes the Palace fans.

Yeah so is it 15645 sold or 12645 sold? That sentence says 12645 total but I suspect its 15645. Thats what I don't understand

Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:40 pm

BEEP AHM wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Yeah so is it 15645 sold or 12645 sold? That sentence says 12645 total but I suspect its 15645. Thats what I don't understand

Sorry
Your right its 15,645 including Palaces 3,000 plus tickets, which are now about 3,400. :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:50 pm

Palace have sold out for the game at Cardiff

For our home game we sold out so as Cardiff hadn't sold so many they have given us an extra block which are currently selling, about 800 to go. Not sure if they will all sell by Tuesday

Its a difficult time for fans of both clubs with lots of games, a recession amd xmas

Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:40 pm

Midfield general wrote:Carl if its ok with you I'll wait and see with regards to the backing of MM after January

What you really mean is.

You cannot find it in yourself to comment favourably on a positive thread
about Cardiff City.

What kind of 'supporter' are you?

Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:54 pm

Bit harsh that re: Leigh

Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:40 pm

Cheers Carlos, I look forward to the next update. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:51 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Spot on Carl :ayatollah:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... rough.html

Surely that cant be right, asking £500k? didnt we only pay 250k ourselves?

If true id take 300k and offer Keinan a 200k pay off just to get him off the wage bill