Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" UPDATE WEDNESDAY JANUARY 4th 2012 "

Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:57 pm

You were promised a mini-update, many have been saying they miss the updates so hopefully this will keep everyone happy with the ongoings at our club, probably create debate and many talking points but will continue to create a bridge between the club and us fans.

The most important thing everyone wants to hear is if Malky Mackay will be given money to spend this transfer window. I can say with certainty that Malky has been given funds to allow him to deal this month, as already stated on this forum in the last couple weeks, any players coming in are likely not to happen until the second half of the month as Premier League clubs will want to do their business before loaning or letting any of their players go.

I know there are fans who believe that the Malaysians are ready to jump ship and that they are not putting any funds in to the club but I can dispel those thoughts this evening by letting you all know that each and every month since August the Malaysians have subsidised this club to the tune of £1.2million and one month in particular it was £1.5million.

These guys are not going anywhere fast and it is their money and only theirs that is allowing this club to meet its outgoings on a regular basis. So for any doubters out there I hope this will put rest any concerns over their commitment to Cardiff City Football Club, I am able to say these figures with authority as they will appear in the next set of accounts.

As regards any transfer budget, I note that some have suggested that the Malaysians will not put any more money in because they are at 49% shareholding, well that thought can certainly go out the window also.

On Monday prior to the Reading match I was invited to have a look around the ground as the staff prepared for the game which was less than 4 hours before kick-off, I was shown around the changing rooms where all the kit was laid out, the medical staff and support team were preparing the massage room. I was then taken out to the pitch where I was shown the effect of the lighting rigs are having on the grass, you can probably see from the stands the marked difference from this time last year but it is only when you walk across the pitch and in to the goal area and compare the difference to the grass that is behind the goal (where the lights are not used) that you really see the benefits of the lights, the ground staff told me that it is not perfect but come next season we will see a brilliant surface for the players to play on.

Much has been said since the Reading game about the use of the drum and the singing section above the Canton Stand, I went to a meeting with a few other fans at the back end of last season and amongst several suggestions, two certainly spring to mind that the club have acted upon. I suggested playing a live band before games and this has taken off I believe even though I don’t get to hear the music myself as I sit in the Family Stand and Gwyn Davies suggested a singing platform and the possibly a drum to try and get the atmosphere going. Whether or not these ideas being implemented work and succeed long term remain to be seen but let’s at least give credit to those who run this football club for talking and listening to the fans. That is the most important part of all this not whether we all like it or love it, only time will tell if it is successful or not but as long as the club are interacting with the fans then that is absolutely fine with me.

Furthermore Vince Alm, who works tirelessly for the fans, is talking with the club about introducing brass instruments up on the singing platform to join the drum which is here to stay for the foreseeable future at least, there is hope also that before the end of this season we will have introduced a Barry Horns type band to play on the platform on a regular basis.

Another issue the ticket office is looking into and that is the selling of future match day tickets on the day of a game. I heard a few complaints in the stands on Monday from people who wished to purchase West Brom and Crystal Palace tickets an hour before the kick-off versus Reading, the club uses a discretional policy at the moment regarding this matter but I have been informed that they are looking at ways of keeping everyone happy.

Days prior to the Reading match there was approximately 600 tickets sold for the away end but as anyone who was there will testify that figure swelled to over 1,000 on the day. The reason behind this is that during this season our club also clubs that are deemed to carry no risk or very little risk supporters to pay on the gate at the away end, Reading were informed of this and they in turn informed their supporters and as a result we saw an increase in the away attendance on Monday.

The very latest and most up to date ticket sales for our upcoming games are :

West Brom Away – 1,334
Palace Away – 2,361
Doncaster Away – 379

For the Crystal Palace home fixture the Eagles have sold approximately 3,000 tickets and we have sold 12,645 to date, this includes the Palace fans.

Tickets for the Southampton away fixture have not been released by the Saints yet which has disappointed our ticket office and the club will be pushing Southampton tomorrow morning to release the tickets asap. The club have informed me that the tickets will most likely go on sale on Monday of next week.

Whilst on the subject of away travel I think it is imperative to warn City fans travelling to WBA this Saturday that we should all be on our best behaviour as the West Midlands police are looking at this game as a measure for the Birmingham match in March. Any trouble will be used as a tool to try and place restrictions upon our support before we travel to St Andrews. For those who are running coaches we must make sure we are on time at the RV point and that our coaches are clean when we arrive, let’s not give the West Midlands force any reason to try and place unnecessary restrictions on our support in future games.

Elliott Parish became our first signing of this transfer window when he put pen to paper on a deal that will at least keep him here until the end of next season. I am informed that the club are trying to sign Filip Kiss down to a permanent deal this January also.

I can confirm also that there was most definitely a deal struck between Man Utd and City for Mame Biram Diouf but it was the decision of the player to not come to Cardiff because we are in the Championship.

The club negotiated with Crystal Palace to try and do a deal to sell Dekel Keinan to the Eagles but the deal could not be agreed so Dekel has returned to Cardiff.

On Wednesday January 11th our Under 18 side take on Tottenham in the FA Youth Cup 4th round, the kick-off is at 7.00pm so if you’re planning on going do not turn up 45 minutes late believing it is a quarter to eight kick-off. There is free car parking at the stadium, just the one stand will be open which will be the Grandstand, the food outlets, bars and club shop will all be open. If you are undecided on the day there will be a cash turnstile as well as the option of buying tickets in advance, the cost of entry is just £3 for adults and £1 for concessions. The club are hopeful of achieving a crowd of over 1,000 for this fixture, and with it being an earlier kick-off I believe it is a good opportunity to take the children down to see the future of the club and any aspiring little Bluebird can get to see that there is much more to our club than the first team.

Many families will not be attending the Palace away game because of school the following day so why not use this game as the opportunity to see what the City youngsters can achieve against a top 4 Premier League’s side counterpart. I am informed that the club are very hopeful that a couple of 1st team players will be doing a meet and greet in the club shop before the game and will be under the concourse at half time to meet the City Kids. This is expected to be announced later this week on the official site, so come on Mum and Dad, take the children down to the CCS next Wednesday for entertainment that is cheaper than going to the cinema or a meal at McDonald’s.

I end this update with the sad news that a fellow forum trip traveller Leigh Hughes sadly passed away last night in his sleep aged just 24. Leigh joined on the forum trips at Malpas and I have spoken with Leigh’s closet friends and offered my condolences and I am sure you join me in paying respects to a fellow Bluebird who has passed away at such a young age. RIP Leigh.

Re: " WEDNESDAY JANUARY 4th 2012 UPDATE "

Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:58 pm

FIRST now to read :D :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:59 pm

cwmbran-blue wrote:FIRST now to read :D :ayatollah:

You have not read it just first to respond :D

Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:59 pm

Thanks Carl, good read :ayatollah:

My heart goes out to Leigh's family at this sad time.

Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:00 pm

Merlin wrote:Thanks Carl, good read :ayatollah:

:lol:

Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:01 pm

Its great to see hes being patient and not just rushing in and i really hope we sign Kiss hes a great player imo.
Cheers for that Carl after the long wait :lol:
RIP Leigh sad to see someone taken so young :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:04 pm

Nice one Carlos :ayatollah: :ayatollah: ...very sad about Leigh :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: R.I.P Bluebird.....

Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:05 pm

Thanks for the update carl :ayatollah: RIP fellow bluebird :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:06 pm

Cheers carl, RIP leigh :(

The very latest and most up to date ticket sales for our upcoming games are :

West Brom Away – 1,334
Palace Away – 2,361
Doncaster Away – 379

For the Crystal Palace home fixture the Eagles have sold approximately 3,000 tickets and we have sold 12,645 to date. :shock:

I know there are fans who believe that the Malaysians are ready to jump ship and that they are not putting any funds in to the club but I can dispel those thoughts this evening by letting you all know that each and every month since August the Malaysians have subsidised this club to the tune of £1.2million and one month in particular it was £1.5million.

So PMG etc are not putting a penny in to our club, just taking taking. :evil:

RIP FELLOW BLUEBIRD Leigh. :ayatollah:

I play Alto Sax if they want a guy on sax. 8-)

RIP Bluebird :( horrible news.

That was a good read mate

r.i.p leigh

RIP Leigh, 24 !!!! Shocking :(

Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:07 pm

RIP Leigh.

Perhaps now the fans will atop questioning the Malasyians and get behind them!!

Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:08 pm

a sad note to end a very good update... rip fellow bluebird...

good to see in the open the figures by the malaysians and how much they are putting into this club... :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:08 pm

Good update except no sign of a 'Leo' update regarding his homecoming ????? :? ;)

Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:09 pm

Blazing Saddles wrote:Good update except no sign of a 'Leo' update regarding his homecoming ????? :? ;)

:lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:11 pm

Fantastic News, hopefully see a few signings! the atmosphere is improving, in malky we trust! :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:11 pm

Carl how come the Malaysians are subsidising the Club to the tune of 1.2 million per month, what has happened to all the season ticket money and sponsorship monies etc.?

By the way Carl great read as usual.
Last edited by canton blue on Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:12 pm

Carl were the clubs unable to agree a fee for Keinan? Or was it a case of them wanting us to pay some of his wages .

RIP Leigh :cry:

RIP Leigh. that is so sad at such a tender age :( Condolances to his Family and Friends

Welshpaul wrote:RIP Leigh.

Perhaps now the fans will atop questioning the Malasyians and get behind them!!

Paul, I was stunned to find this out today as well, I will leave them alone for now :lol: :ayatollah:
PMG turn. :lol:

Blazing Saddles wrote:Good update except no sign of a 'Leo' update regarding his homecoming ????? :? ;)

it seems armthorpe welfare regard the 40yr old as indispensable to the club!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leo_Fortune-West

Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:13 pm

carlccfc wrote:For the Crystal Palace home fixture the Eagles have sold approximately 3,000 tickets and we have sold 12,645 to date.

Carl, Is that 12,645 just City fans or Palace included? :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:14 pm

Can you tell me exactly where you got these figures from. Firstly if true we/you shouldn't be informed of ccfc finances.
Secondly. We have bigger attendences this season. All season ticket money was available. And players on a lot less money
Don't get it So how come the malasians are stumping up more money than last year.

Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:14 pm

RIP young Bluebird. Sad, sad news. :(

Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:16 pm

cheers carl, rip leigh

Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:17 pm

For the Crystal Palace home fixture the Eagles have sold approximately 3,000 tickets and we have sold 12,645 to date

:o

Also, rip Leigh

Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:18 pm

CantonJack wrote:
carlccfc wrote:For the Crystal Palace home fixture the Eagles have sold approximately 3,000 tickets and we have sold 12,645 to date.

Carl, Is that 12,645 just City fans or Palace included? :ayatollah:

12,645 is City fans, total is 15,645.