Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

2 things about Joe Ledley

Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:25 pm

I think that it was a good thing he went off injured yesterday. It means we now have to do something about his injury instead of making him play through the pain barrier. Maybe he'll come back the player he was a year or 2 back.

The second thing, maybe it wasn't so out of order what Ridsdale said about him. OK, on the face of it, he shouldn't have singled out one player in particular. But, as we all know, there are divisions in the dressing room and Ledley seemed to have been cast adrift by the other players. But, after saying that, Hudson came out and said the players are behind Joe and maybe Ridders comments have gone some way to healing the dressing room rifts. Could it have been a calculated ploy by our chairman?

Re: 2 things about Joe Ledley

Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:40 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:I think that it was a good thing he went off injured yesterday. It means we now have to do something about his injury instead of making him play through the pain barrier. Maybe he'll come back the player he was a year or 2 back.

The second thing, maybe it wasn't so out of order what Ridsdale said about him. OK, on the face of it, he shouldn't have singled out one player in particular. But, as we all know, there are divisions in the dressing room and Ledley seemed to have been cast adrift by the other players. But, after saying that, Hudson came out and said the players are behind Joe and maybe Ridders comments have gone some way to healing the dressing room rifts. Could it have been a calculated ploy by our chairman?

I use to be a big fan of his, but I make no comment any more.

Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:41 pm

A big fan of Ridsdale or Ledley?

Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:13 pm

good championsip player,he would last 2 maybe 3 seasons in prem should of took 6mil be lucky to get 3 at the moment,and he came out in press about his injury who is his agent mickey mousse,cant see anyone looking at an injured player for the money city want. :?

Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:13 pm

both :lol:

Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:22 pm

beaky wrote:good championsip player,he would last 2 maybe 3 seasons in prem should of took 6mil be lucky to get 3 at the moment,and he came out in press about his injury who is his agent mickey mousse,cant see anyone looking at an injured player for the money city want. :?

Problem is, if we had have taken the £6 million that was (alledgedly) offered, there would have been open mutiny on the terraces as we would have been selling off all our best players, especially a few hours before the transfer deadline with no time to bring anyone in. And, if I remember rightly, a lot of people were asking why he would go to Stoke as they would only be passing us as we went up and they came back down

Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:09 am

What has Ledley got that makes him and some others think he can make a Prem player??

What is the criteria? If you use the following criteria required for a MIDFIELD player in the Prem out of 10 against Ledleys attributes I think it shows he is well short of fitting the bill:

Required Ledley
Creativity 8 4
Vision 8 4
Passing Ability 9 5
Tackling 7 4
Stamina 7 9
Heading Ability 5 3
Two Footed 8 5
Pace 6 5
Spacial awareness 8 4
Team Player 7 9
Scoring Record 6 4