Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

IM A LITTLE WORRIED TO BE HONEST

Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:37 pm

Just been looking at the forest game on Cardiff City Player, and to be honest the way I seen it we were really lucky to get away with a 3 pointer.
It looked to me that most of the time we were 2nd to the 2nd ball. And didn't chase Forest down as we were doing a few weeks ago. We just don't look as good as we were putting the ball around, a month or so ago we were pushing the ball around and really looked in charge of our games in Midfield. Now other teams are getting up on us and onto Whitts even before the ball gets to him, and that is breaking up our attacks. I guess other teams have worked out now that, stop whitts and you stop Cardiff. That is why I hope MM can bring in someone to take the pressure of whitts and someone that can also course as much problems to teams as whitts in the past has done, and as Gunter did to us yesterday . :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: IM A LITTLE WORRIED TO BE HONEST

Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:44 pm

i'm not expecting big things tommorow,
saying that we could get the win

Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:48 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:Just been looking at the forest game on Cardiff City Player, and to be honest the way I seen it we were really lucky to get away with a 3 pointer.
It looked to me that most of the time we were 2nd to the 2nd ball. And didn't chase Forest down as we were doing a few weeks ago. We just don't look as good as we were putting the ball around, a month or so ago we were pushing the ball around and really looked in charge of our games in Midfield. Now other teams are getting up on us and onto Whitts even before the ball gets to him, and that is breaking up our attacks. I guess other teams have worked out now that, stop whitts and you stop Cardiff. That is why I hope MM can bring in someone to take the pressure of whitts and someone that can also course as much problems to teams as whitts in the past has done, and as Gunter did to us yesterday . :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

So you're worried we aren't playing well and still winning? Sign of a good team that is kind sir.. Im chuffed to bits with yesterday

Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:55 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:
welshcitydragon wrote:Just been looking at the forest game on Cardiff City Player, and to be honest the way I seen it we were really lucky to get away with a 3 pointer.

So you're worried we aren't playing well and still winning? Sign of a good team that is kind sir.. Im chuffed to bits with yesterday

Of course Im glad of the win, but I can see that we are not as slick as we were a month or so ago. As I said we are not getting to the ball as fast as we were, and closing down players as fast as we were a few months ago. In saying that I guess our players are starting to feel it now, as we really need to give 1or 2 a rest as they have been playing flat out. :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:32 pm

I was there yesterday, and it was a very tough game, especially in the first half. But it was Forest away. All away games in the Championship are tough. Home ones too. Know what you're saying, but we have no divine right to beat anyone. Forest are fighting for their lives, and we did well for the win. It was never likely that we would go there and play them off the park. Still think that we are a top ten side.

Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:37 pm

2moro will be a tough game.. they are looking for 5 straight wins and are on a good run... we need to be spot on to get anything more than a point from this...

Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:39 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:2moro will be a tough game.. they are looking for 5 straight wins and are on a good run... we need to be spot on to get anything more than a point from this...

Very true ,

Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:43 pm

every cardiff fans should be happy to see us in the top 6 at the end of the season...... now we have been there all season and people should be thrilled with that. yeah we arent perfect and lack a few players, but considering the squad we have, its been an amazing season :) :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:33 pm

MAD!

I agree with every post on this thread so far.
It is a hard division. Anyone can beat anyone (even the top 2 can't pull away). Our squad is thin and in danger of burn out yet we've done amazingly well!

Would love some new additions to keep up the pace but if we can't get them - I hope we can stay in the top 10 at the end.

Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:31 am

I'm a bit worried too, energy levels seem to have dropped a touch. Things are still going well though :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:09 am

Another key factor (if we accept that there's been a slight dip in our form) is the fact that we're missing McPhail - in those games we looked so good in a few weeks ago, he was a key player, in my opinion.

I stll think we're doing really well, and winning when you're not at your best (especially away from home) shows a good team spirit. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:40 am

Die Walkure wrote:Another key factor (if we accept that there's been a slight dip in our form) is the fact that we're missing McPhail - in those games we looked so good in a few weeks ago, he was a key player, in my opinion.

I stll think we're doing really well, and winning when you're not at your best (especially away from home) shows a good team spirit. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Totally agree with the McPhail comment. He and Whitts are integral to our team's engine room 'functioning' :ayatollah:

We are battling against teams EVERY week now and pulling out some impressive results It's called organisation and teamwork mixed with a little 'never say die' attitude; and we have it in abundance!!

Have some faith, guys. We won't win them all BUT we will be ok

In Malky we trust!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: