Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" CARDIFF V READING FACTS "

Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:24 pm

Head-to-head

• This is the 50th league meeting. Reading have won 18 of the previous 49, Cardiff 16, with 15 all-square.

• Cardiff are unbeaten in seven regular league clashes with the Royals (W2, D5), and are hoping to complete a first double over them in 12 years.

• The Berkshire club ended Cardiff's promotion hopes last season with a 3-0 aggregate victory in the Championship play-off semi-finals, but have not won a regular league match against them since the title winning season of 2005/06 when they did the double and twice placed five goals in the Bluebirds' net.

Cardiff City

• Cardiff gained their first win in four games, away to Nottingham Forest on Saturday, and have lost only one of their last 14 in league and cup.

• They are hunting an eighth home league victory of the season. The loss to Middlesbrough in their last game at the Cardiff City Stadium was only their second home reverse of this campaign.

• Bristol City beat Cardiff on New Years Day 2011, to start the year with maximum points for the first time in five occasions.

Reading

• Reading are bidding for a fifth successive league win, and are joint top of the Championship's "current form" table.

• All four of Reading's away league defeats have been by a 0-1 score. They have let in fewer goals away from home than any other club in the Championship; just nine

• The Royals are hoping to avoid entering a new year for the third time running, with defeat away from home.

Team News

Reading boss Brian McDermott is unlikely to make any changes for his side's trip to Cardiff.

If the Royals boss does make changes, he may strengthen his defence by promoting the experienced Ian Harte from the substitute bench.

Cardiff may be boosted by the return of defender Kevin McNaughton who limped off in the Boxing Day draw at Watford.

Rudy Gestede, Kenny Miller, who has eight goals this season, and Joe Mason may form a three-man attack.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16331453.stm :ayatollah:

Re: " CARDIFF V READING FACTS "

Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:37 pm

Cheers Rhys, I got the last prediction wrong, I will go for City 3 Reading 2. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:45 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Cheers Rhys, I got the last prediction wrong, I will go for City 3 Reading 2. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

That means we're going to lose 1-0 now :(

Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:50 pm

Aramore wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Cheers Rhys, I got the last prediction wrong, I will go for City 3 Reading 2. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

That means we're going to lose 1-0 now :(

Dam your right I should of gone the other way. :cry: :cry:

Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:55 pm

Thanks Rhys :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Out of the 24 League games in Cardiff the most consistent reult is 2-2. Our record victory is 5-0 on 8th November 1930 whilst Readings record win is 5-2 on 8th April 2006.

One other interesting stat for the game tomorrow relates to the referee, Chris Foy, as with him as match referee we have won 3 of 11 games 27%, whilst Reading have won 1 of 13 games 7% :o :o :o

If that figure is surprising Reading have lost 8 of the 13 games (67%) :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: with Chris Foy as referee.

3-1 to the Bluebirds. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: