Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

whitts 7 million

Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:07 pm

if a club offered i the region of 7 milion for whitts, should we take it ?

Re: whitts 7 million

Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:09 pm

no not at the moment, possibly in the summer....disrupting the team now would be disastrous. If we sell any of our first team players....we might as well just consolidate mid-table or survival in the championship now.

Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:11 pm

7m would be a massive offer for a player who hasn't proven anything in the Prem. I'd assume that bid would only come from the Premiership, btw.

Every club outside the top 6 in the Prem sells if the price is right. As long as some is re-invested in the squad, the rest going to service debts / secure clubs long term future, I'd say yes.

Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:14 pm

dont care what anyone offers for Whitts just say NO. :D

Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:03 pm

azz_ccfc wrote:no not at the moment, possibly in the summer....disrupting the team now would be disastrous. If we sell any of our first team players....we might as well just consolidate mid-table or survival in the championship now.

Totally agree. Whits is on a contract so lets see where we are in the summer, and more importantly does he want to go? If he doesn't great letws keep building around him.

Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:27 pm

7MILLION. i would drive him there myself :roll:

Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:27 pm

7mill for a player who has never done anything in top flight football?,he is a good playet but is not consistent,7mill no chance

Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:28 pm

As of anyone will pay 7m for him

Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:29 pm

swansealad69 wrote:7mill for a player who has never done anything in top flight football?,he is a good playet but is not consistent,7mill no chance

how much would you want for sinclair or joe allen cos i honestly think whitts is better than them 2 players though i do rate allen in particular

Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:34 pm

For a starter wouldent the bulk of any transfer go to Ray Ransom ?

Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:35 pm

There's a clause in Whitts' contract that says: "I'm Peter Whittingham - I'll do what I want!" ;)

Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:39 pm

When you see some of the prices players have been sold for eg matt mills and shane long i think anything less than 6 million would be an insult! Infact i'd rather have whitts in my team than 20 million pound jordan henderson

Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:18 pm

It depends, if the money simply goes towards paying off debts and disappears then a big NO!!! I imagine Villa would get a sizable chunk aswell. If Mackay was given a bulk of the cash then I would defo take it - Mackay has built a promotion challenging team with little over £1,500,000 - imagine what he could do with £5,000,000 - £7,000,000!!!

Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:48 pm

Wouldnt sell him for 7 million.17million maybe.the man is God :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:56 pm

we wouldnt be able to replace him at this time of yr so dont see the point.. i know everyplayer has his price but that deal would not be right for us at this time.

Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:39 pm

mental, we would never get 7m for witts

Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:49 pm

paulh_85 wrote:mental, we would never get 7m for witts

really ?
liverpool payed 35 milion for caroll 20 for henderson

then u have leicester spending money like theres no tommorow, i think we could

Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:50 pm

what does liverpools mad spending have anything to do with it? carroll was a last min signing which is why the price went up. while in henderson they were buying potential. wittenham is 27! i think we would be lucky to get 5m and if we are offered 4m i would probably take it

Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:56 pm

paulh_85 wrote:what does liverpools mad spending have anything to do with it? carroll was a last min signing which is why the price went up. while in henderson they were buying potential. wittenham is 27! i think we would be lucky to get 5m and if we are offered 4m i would probably take it

Then what would you do with that whats left of that 4million once the ranson debt is paid to improve our team to push on from this very good position we are in this season???? :? :?

Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:59 pm

timdog80 wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:what does liverpools mad spending have anything to do with it? carroll was a last min signing which is why the price went up. while in henderson they were buying potential. wittenham is 27! i think we would be lucky to get 5m and if we are offered 4m i would probably take it

Then what would you do with that whats left of that 4million once the ranson debt is paid to improve our team to push on from this very good position we are in this season???? :? :?

every one............look at the original post, all i said was would you accept it

Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:05 am

samdm94 wrote:
timdog80 wrote:

every one............look at the original post, all i said was would you accept it

uh?? i was replying directly to paulh_85 regarding accepting 4m ;)

now as for your scenario of 7 mil then thats a complete diffrent ball game :lol:

Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:27 am

timdog80 wrote:
samdm94 wrote:
timdog80 wrote:

uh?? i was replying directly to paulh_85 regarding accepting 4m ;)

now as for your scenario of 7 mil then thats a complete diffrent ball game :lol:

sorry :oops:
grabs coat..loggs out