Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: COULD WHITTS BE SOLD THIS MONTH?

Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:57 am

ihatealiens wrote:Whitts is not for sale and Malky has said so. He said from day one he is building the team around Whitts so if he is forced to sell I dont think he himself will be here much longer. :ayatollah:

Agree. There is no REALIST price anyone would be prepared to pay that would make it worth letting him go. Too much could/would be said by the perennial moaners on this and other Message Boards to justify it IMHO :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:05 am

glammy74 wrote:Whitts is priceless in my opinion

his passion and commitment is something that you dont get alot with players

he believes in his game. and believes he has something to help city go forward

Id much rather sell, Gyepes, Keinan, Quinn, Parkin, Earnie etc instead of selling whitts :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sell? We coukdnt give those away.

Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:33 am

glammy74 wrote:Whitts is priceless in my opinion

his passion and commitment is something that you dont get alot with players

he believes in his game. and believes he has something to help city go forward

Id much rather sell, Gyepes, Keinan, Quinn, Parkin, Earnie etc instead of selling whitts :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Get about 5 bob for that lot ;)

Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:11 am

f**k the debt! The only way to pay off debts is to get to the premier league and we ain't gonna do that by constantly selling our best players! Since we been in championship have a look at the players we've sold if we'd have kept them all together we would be up there by now! We need to ditch the label we have of being a selling club and stop selling our to players if were to ever get out of this league! :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:15 am

pokie1 wrote:f**k the debt! The only way to pay off debts is to get to the premier league and we ain't gonna do that by constantly selling our best players! Since we been in championship have a look at the players we've sold if we'd have kept them all together we would be up there by now! We need to ditch the label we have of being a selling club and stop selling our to players if were to ever get out of this league! :ayatollah:

Spot on mate. We need to think about the bigger picture. In my opinion, if Whittingham leaves then our Premiership aspirations disappear with him.

I wouldn't accept anything below £7m for Whittingham given the inflated value of certain players right now. Yes, if we sell him now then we can eradicate a debt or two. However, if we don't and make the Premiership then we can wipe out almost all of our debt. Whittingham has only just recently signed a new contract so we are under no pressure to get rid of him in January. His value won't decrease massively between now and the summer so we should wait and hold clubs to ransom.

Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:17 am

I doubt that Whitts has a clause in his contract that says he can be sold to another
Championship club, meaning he would have to tell Malky he wants to leave. Maybe
if this happened, Malky would think 'sod it' and let him go. But i doubt that.

The other scenario would be that West Ham come in with a much better offer and
Malky feels he can build an even better team with that money.

I hope and believe these are the only scenarios and that the board will keep out of
it and let the manager manage. Its worked so far

Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:53 am

I for one don't want another Toshack situation. Admittedly its a team game but he has a great influence.