Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WE SHOULD HAVE GONE FOR Michael Kightly

Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:13 pm

I think we should have gone in for Michael Kightly on loan a little late now but I think he would have given us a hell of a lot of speed up front. I reckon we really need to open sides up to gain more space for Kenny to pop in and out of.
Conway don't really get behind defenses as he should,and Cowie needs someone to challenge for his spot also.

Re: WE SHOULD HAVE GONE FOR Michael Kightly

Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:42 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:I think we should have gone in for Michael Kightly on loan a little late now but I think he would have given us a hell of a lot of speed up front. I reckon we really need to open sides up to gain more space for Kenny to pop in and out of.
Conway don't really get behind defenses as he should,and Cowie needs someone to challenge for his spot also.

i was totally gutted we didnt get anyone in that window, up until the last seconds of it - i was scanning everywhere for news.
Kightly would have been the one for me.

those points against millwall and watford, defeat at hull and peterborough, could we have avoided them with kightly in (???) i hope those points dont haunt us at the end.

We all know that the basis of this team is tough and gritty. a little bit of special on top to change games would be great.

Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:38 pm

I think MM was proved right that no one was needed.

Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:44 pm

Guys
The window has not been open 34 hours yet!!!!! Our manager has demonstrated he knows who would be good for our club. We all have names of players we think will be good for the club but let Malky do the hard work for us. He knows who he wants and perhaps he will bring in someone better than we are suggesting!!!!!!!!!

Perish the thought :roll: :roll: :roll:

Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:39 pm

I 100% back malkys judgement in the transfer and loan markets,he wouldnt have brought in dead weight like JET and a shot Jason Koumas on silly wages like Jones did

As for kightly,i think hes an impressive young player, do Watford have him till the end of the season

Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:18 pm

englishbluebird wrote:I 100% back malkys judgement in the transfer and loan markets,he wouldnt have brought in dead weight like JET and a shot Jason Koumas on silly wages like Jones did

As for kightly,i think hes an impressive young player, do Watford have him till the end of the season

Yes Im sure they have him till the end of the season, that was what I was told. He really would have been a great load for us.

Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:19 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:
englishbluebird wrote:I 100% back malkys judgement in the transfer and loan markets,he wouldnt have brought in dead weight like JET and a shot Jason Koumas on silly wages like Jones did

Yes Im sure they have him till the end of the season, that was what I was told. He really would have been a great load for us.

Thought they extended his loan in Nov till Jan 3rd only

Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:20 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:

Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:34 pm

rontom wrote:
welshcitydragon wrote:

You maybe right , as I said I can only go by what was told to me, But if I was Mick I would drag him back Wolves needs him also.