Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" THIS MIGHT SEND ANOTHER MB IN TO OVERDRIVE AGAIN "

Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:02 pm

Latest ticket sales.
1st January 2012.

Crystal Palace v Cardiff City January 10th. CARLING CUP SEMI-FINAL. :ayatollah:
Cardiff have now sold 2,306 for Palace away, 1,694 tickets left.

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewt ... =2&t=66695

City expecting 23,000 plus as Reading only bringing 600-700 fans.

You can pay on the day.

Ticket office not open today.

Ticket office is open Monday from 9am and fully manned.

CARDIFF CITY v READING 3pm this Monday.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I guarantee they will make this a link on their mb, they are obsessed by us, the name calling will start. :lol:

Re: " THIS MIGHT SEND ANOTHER MB IN TO OVERDRIVE AGAIN "

Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:20 pm

good sales but im sure we can get more

let the other MB go into overdive all it does is promote this one more :D

Happy New Year to you and jo and the girls, annis.

Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:21 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:good sales but im sure we can get more

let the other MB go into overdive all it does is promote this one more :D

Happy New Year to you and jo and the girls, annis.

Andrew Happy New year to you and Chloe. :ayatollah:

Actually they give us more hits and I love it. :lol: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:23 pm

We will sell them :ayatollah: :ayatollah: and we have to raise the roof like we did at Reading :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:25 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:We will sell them :ayatollah: :ayatollah: and we have to raise the roof like we did at Reading :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:29 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Latest ticket sales.
1st January 2012.

You can pay on the day.

Reckon we will sell 3k easily especially if we beat reading tomorrow. Still a good turnout for midweek away just after Xmas.

Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:30 pm

It's easy for you,
Multi millionaire
Fan's leader
Part time fan
Family commitments
Past reputation
Sam lover
Hooligan

Whoops, sorry Annis, wrong board, just thought I'd save them the trouble, they can copy and paste as they select appropriate choice
. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:31 pm

dorsetblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Latest ticket sales.
1st January 2012.

You can pay on the day.

Reckon we will sell 3k easily especially if we beat reading tomorrow. Still a good turnout for midweek away just after Xmas.

I agree 3,000 would be excellent Support on a Tuesday night. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:22 pm

I sense there's a bit of inter board rivalry. Has this been going on for long?

Over 2,300 tickets sold for a game over a week away. I would imagine you will sell another 1,000 no problem.

Are both semis on the same night?I know what one they will have on in my local pub, it would be nice to see how you get on.

Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:11 pm

Im confident we can sell at least another 600/1000 for palace away, especially if we win tomorrow.
As for Reading, thats poor away support. We took near enough 4000 to the madeijski, and its not far down the road, so i would have expected them to fill our away end like southampton did. However another 23000 crowd will be nice :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:32 pm

BigGwynram wrote:It's easy for you,
Multi millionaire
Fan's leader
Part time fan
Family commitments
Past reputation
Sam lover
Hooligan

Whoops, sorry Annis, wrong board, just thought I'd save them the trouble, they can copy and paste as they select appropriate choice
. :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol:
Yes wrong board Gwyn. :lol: :lol:

You can have all the money in the world, its wether you can find time for your club, but the most important part of supporting your club is during the bad times, anyone can claim they are a fan since the year 2000, there has been non stop success after success. The test is if we were relegated and even more more if relegated again. Remember we use to get 1,500 -4,000 fans then, £10 to get in then, but we still only had a few thousand fans. Hmm

Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:39 pm

I reckon this will be a 4 pager by the time I log on tomorrow!!! Fantastic! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Happy new year to all posters and to all guests and to everyone who clicks on the inevitable link that has been put on CCMB :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:41 pm

griff105 wrote:I reckon this will be a 4 pager by the time I log on tomorrow!!! Fantastic! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Happy new year to all posters and to all guests and to everyone who clicks on the inevitable link that has been put on CCMB :lol: :lol: :lol:

They bit again and I hardly said anything :lol:
And 10 pager on their mb, trying to find faults in my every word, very very sad, I will worry when they are not taking about me. :lol:

Happy New Year. :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:11 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
griff105 wrote:I reckon this will be a 4 pager by the time I log on tomorrow!!! Fantastic! :lol: :lol: :lol:

And 10 pager on their mb, trying to find faults in my every word, very very sad, I will worry when they are not taking about me. :lol:

I don't think they will ever stop talking about you.

Keep it to banter and not name calling and I'm sure we can all get along. Plenty of room for us all on the Internet.

Happy New Year to you all

Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:12 pm

Bit of an ironic thread this.

Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:15 pm

m4morris wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I don't think they will ever stop talking about you.

Keep it to banter and not name calling and I'm sure we can all get along. Plenty of room for us all on the Internet.

Happy New Year to you all

Welcome on this forum once again Mike, Happy new Year. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mike, Name calling I think you better have a good look at quite a few of your members and see where the name calling started. Your mb puts up links to this one 2 to 5 times a day, just to have a snipe, but I actually think its now quite funny and sad at the same time. What ever we say it get twisted on yours a fact. Youve got 2 new posters obsessed by this mb and you know which 2, they change their names every other week.

Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:28 pm

polo wrote:Bit of an ironic thread this.

Explain Polo ?

I am just updating everyone with the ticket sales. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:36 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Explain Polo ?

You didnt just update on ticket sales tho did you :lol:

You mention them in the title and in the post itself then accuse them of being obsessed :lol:

You are one as bad as the other and really i think you av regular peeks
over there to make sure they are mentioning you and carl :lol:

Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:40 pm

polo wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Explain Polo ?

You didnt just update on ticket sales tho did you :lol:

You mention them in the title and in the post itself then accuse them of being obsessed :lol:

You are one as bad as the other and really i think you av regular peeks
over there to make sure they are mentioning you and carl :lol:

Polo

For 2 years they have continued to slate us, but in the end your right I do look over there just to see what they have said about us today, thats the only bit of info worth reading on there,as long as they keep slating us, I realise we must be doing well on here, if they stopped talking about us, then I would worry. :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:11 pm

Any form of publicity is good publicity.

Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:13 pm

forest lad wrote:Any form of publicity is good publicity.

Spot on Forest lad. :ayatollah:

Over 2,000 hits on this topic, just for saying a few words about tickets sold. :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:26 pm

very disappointing to see reading bringing so few when its only 90 minutes down the road, and i would anticipate the roads being quiet tomorrow!
as to the messageboards then i enjoy posting on both, and there is only one poster who annoys me
but it is the internet after all!
:ayatollah:

Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:28 pm

ijs1985 wrote:very disappointing to see reading bringing so few when its only 90 minutes down the road, and i would anticipate the roads being quiet tomorrow!
as to the messageboards then i enjoy posting on both, and there is only one poster who annoys me
but it is the internet after all!
:ayatollah:

Fair play to you. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Yes you would expect them to bring about 1,500 as its a holiday day and were both right up there.

Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:39 pm

I really have no patience with this school yard bickering between supporters of the same football club. Let's face it; all of this stems from a very few people on both boards who detest one another for various reasons. Banter and fun are great for MBs but constant nagging and insulting references don't enhance the boards or anything else. There are one or two people on both boards who ought to get lost and stay lost ASAP before the rifts between the boards grow ever wider.

CAL :old: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:57 pm

caliburn wrote:I really have no patience with this school yard bickering between supporters of the same football club. Let's face it; all of this stems from a very few people on both boards who detest one another for various reasons. Banter and fun are great for MBs but constant nagging and insulting references don't enhance the boards or anything else. There are one or two people on both boards who ought to get lost and stay lost ASAP before the rifts between the boards grow ever wider.

CAL :old: :ayatollah:

I would love it to stop, but I think its gone past that stage Clive, for 2 years we have been sniped at, so now I laugh about it.

Thank you Clive for the following, regarding my new book " MY STORY " :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Sticky :" Annis 'My Story' " Reviews/Opinions
by caliburn » Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:25 pm

My Story,
By Annis Abraham,

It only needs a glance at the cover of this book to know that there will be little about ballet dancing in it, and even less about dress designing. Annis glowers at the reader as if he has just spotted a Swansea supporter and doesn't care for the sight. He emerges from the pages of this book as a much more complex individual than the image most of us have of him would suggest and it's not easy to casually decide that he is a publicity seeking thug as some have suggested.

Firstly, though Annis is not a literary genius, the book is written clearly and concisely and says what it wants to say with speed and precision.

Much of the early part of the book is given over to detailed clashes with different 'firms' that took place many years ago and almost succeeded in killing the game , or so it seemed to me at the time. This is a topic on which Annis and I are unlikely ever to agree. He naturally sees these events as a part of his miss - spent youth and bathes in the golden light of old times and old friends when the world was young and full of opportunities to punch or be punched on distant fields. Not a pastime that those of us born into different generations and attitudes would care to indulge in.

It has to be said though that future social historians might well find a treasure trove of carefully described incidents direct from someone who as on the scene throughout this troubled period and who wore the clothes, walked the walk, committed the acts and apparently kept meticulous notes at the time . There is better to come though.

I've always found the Sam Hammam era to be fascinating and Annis was in the midst of the opening scenes of this saga and
and lays open the complex history of a period when Sam's circus came to town and blinded us with his glittering visions of a great future for the club. Sadly , it was only later when we walked through the still smoking ruins of his and our dreams that
the corpse of Wimbledon FC emerged from the rubble with a bony finger pointing at Mr Hammam.

Now we know that Annis is not everyone's favourite City supporter and his need for a hands on approach upsets some people, but there can be no doubting his whole hearted commitment to Cardiff City FC and his money has often been put where many mouths have offered little but noise. Those who hope to humiliate the author by suggesting that he has no writing ability will find little here to confirm that belief. Anyone with an interest in Cardiff City FC will find much to interest them here and I can recommend the book to those who would like to read of the shady dealings, the violence, and the possibilities for a better future for our fine old club.

Cal
caliburn :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:28 am

Though the palace tickets would have been harder to get my hands on than reality, so much so that for xmas I asked for an away travel membership to have a greater chance of getting a ticket.

Living in Portsmouth this year has restricted me being able to travel back to watch the city, so have been to more away games this year than home, but always got my ticket from ST holders. Was completely shocked by the lack of interest in this fixture!!

Palace is going to be a great night, however many city travel!

see you there :ayatollah: :ayatollah: