Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Forest game, great result!

Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:35 am

We were on the back foot for the whole of the first half but they didn't really have many clear cut chances. Much better second half! With a great finish by miller. Players like gunnarson and whittingham were quality again and defence looked solid in second half.
I thought gestede was really good, won everything in the air and always made something when he had the ball and showed his physical strength. Don't know why people were saying about putting him on loan you mad?! We are crying out for a pacey winger though.
Good times to be a bluebird fan, let's push on till the end of season and have a big game Agaisnt reading. Happy new year. Bluebirds!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Forest game, great result!

Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:46 am

Ryan_bluebird wrote:We were on the back foot for the whole of the first half but they didn't really have many clear cut chances. Much better second half! With a great finish by miller. Players like gunnarson and whittingham were quality again and defence looked solid in second half.
I thought gestede was really good, won everything in the air and always made something when he had the ball and showed his physical strength. Don't know why people were saying about putting him on loan you mad?! We are crying out for a pacey winger though.
Good times to be a bluebird fan, let's push on till the end of season and have a big game Agaisnt reading. Happy new year. Bluebirds!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I agree, we werent the best in the first half of the game, with neither team with any chances.

Second half, Miller made up for missing that sitter moments before he scored, but fair play to him, if it were any other players, their heads would have been down all game for missing that chance.

Gestede for me was close to being our man of match, significant improvement upon the Borough game....won everything in the air, and defended very well when he came out, and helped the defence on countless occasions....very good work rate from him today.

I do agree we need a pacey winger......for me....Cowie looked drained and needs 1 or 2 games rest. I feel we need a minimum of 2 players and a maximum of 3-4 players, depending if 1 or 2 leave.

Finally, a great atmosphere from the travelling fans today.....gd laugh....especially when we were shouting handball to every touch of the ball made on the field today. :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:55 am

We showed a lot of character today and it shows what Malky is doing at the club. Gunnarson probably shaved motm but gestede was second! People say we need a target man surely gestede is the guy? I agree cowie has played like every match and runs everywhere and he ain't a proper winger. We can't afford to rest him though! Pacey winger is a must, not sure how much money we have but in Malky we trust!!
Good support today for a new years game!
Love Malky fist pumping at end of the game, come on city!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:33 am

Massive win and not because Of the Points but to keep the idiots off the players backs, our form is exceptional and defensive record amazing, wouldn't think it would u

Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:01 am

A great 3 points especially considering the other results,what a position we are in!! always nice to beat the scabs aswell,who i think are in deep trouble
the below par first half in my opinion was due to the players getting used to the changed system malky had employed,i much prefer the 4-5-1 which hopefully will be used against reading ,although we won the game so i aint complaining
second half,forests balls into the box were bread and butter for turner and huds,darcy was ok but we definely could do with super kev back, whitts was again very good brought the ball down and picked out passes aswell as doing an admirable defensive job when needed.
Felt a bit sorry for joey Mason,didnt look at all comfortable being out wide,rudy MOTM for me, I bet the few who slagged him off after the last 2 games are feeling pretty silly now :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:19 am

I couldn't make the game yesterday lads, how did darcy play??

Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:05 am

glad to see that rudy had a good game, i was one for suggesting that he have a short term loan spell, but it seems as though he has improved his fitness and game etc purely through city and the training..

he has bags of pace and strength if he just had a bit of composure in front of goal he would be a good striker...

Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:03 am

thehumblegringo wrote:I couldn't make the game yesterday lads, how did darcy play??

he was competent although got caught out on a couple of ocassions with his poor distribution,theres no way in the world the lad is a right back in my opinion so he deserves credit there and of course we kept a clean sheet,cant wait for super kev to be back though :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:23 am

Thought Darcy was ok seemed a bit out of sorts first half and mcgugan sometimes caused him problems but second half he was a lot better and mcgugan was much quieter! Overall a good performance...just hate it when fans say about players not being good enough and stuff just after a couple of bad games. Rudy proved people wrong yesterday.

Got to love being a Cardiff city fan right now :D :ayatollah: