Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Wes Morgan

Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:49 pm

People on this board recently talking about malkay being interested in Morgan for £250k.

Well today he is not in the match day squad at all is he injured?? Or is there a deal being tied up as the window opens tomorrow?

Before any one snipes I am not in the know etc just speculating

Re: Wes Morgan

Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:51 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=66417

Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:54 pm

Cheers topcat. Could you imagine turner and Morgan cb partnership that would be powerfull, Carl said yesterday dekel kienan wanting to leave and Roumers about Blake possibly going on loan this does seem a possibility

Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:55 pm

beckett wrote:Cheers topcat. Could you imagine turner and Morgan cb partnership that would be powerfull, Carl said yesterday dekel kienan wanting to leave and Roumers about Blake possibly going on loan this does seem a possibility

Also Hudson and Gerrard contracts are due to expire in June, I believe.

Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:59 pm

carlccfc wrote:
beckett wrote:Cheers topcat. Could you imagine turner and Morgan cb partnership that would be powerfull, Carl said yesterday dekel kienan wanting to leave and Roumers about Blake possibly going on loan this does seem a possibility

Isnt Hudson on a huge wage as well? cant see City matching that again

Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:03 pm

swap deal,hudson for chambers,
never rated hudson,
the addams family need their butler back

Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:04 pm

carlccfc wrote:

Interesting. I really can't see gerrard wanting to stay either hes not first choice which he knows he could be at another club.

So where as most people think we are well covered at CB by time summer comes Hudson gerrard Blake kienan and gypes could of all left the club.... I know it's a big if but could well be realistic

Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:14 pm

beckett wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

Interesting. I really can't see gerrard wanting to stay either hes not first choice which he knows he could be at another club.

So where as most people think we are well covered at CB by time summer comes Hudson gerrard Blake kienan and gypes could of all left the club.... I know it's a big if but could well be realistic

excatly what i said mate tbh i think most of the cbs will leave this club one there are two many personally i see Keinan going in January as well Gyepes and Blake on loan and i really do doubt Gezza will sign a new contract

Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:19 pm

Scruffy wrote:
beckett wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

excatly what i said mate tbh i think most of the cbs will leave this club one there are two many personally i see Keinan going in January as well Gyepes and Blake on loan and i really do doubt Gezza will sign a new contract

Will be interesting to see, presuming we dont sign a centre back and the other 2 didn't sign extensions would mean we would be left with turner Quinn and maybe darcy returning from a loan??? Of course that is if all that have been speculated happens

Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:14 pm

moz-dublin wrote:swap deal,hudson for chambers,
never rated hudson,
the addams family need their butler back

I'm assuming you're another one who's somehow been convinced by Gerrard's fist-pumping and badge-kissing antics then?

Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:25 pm

I rate Hudson personally. Him and Turner were rock solid today and won almost everything in the air between them and what they didnt get Rudy did, they also put some great tackles in. Walking away from the ground today amongst all the Forest fans and listning to the Forest fans talk about the game and they were all saying the same thing about how good our centreback partnership were today and that we looked solid and didnt think Forest had any chance of scoring.

Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:29 pm

welshden wrote:I rate Hudson personally. Him and Turner were rock solid today and won almost everything in the air between them and what they didnt get Rudy did, they also put some great tackles in. Walking away from the ground today amongst all the Forest fans and listning to the Forest fans talk about the game and they were all saying the same thing about how good our centreback partnership were today and that we looked solid and didnt think Forest had any chance of scoring.

Our record lately had been exceptional at the back. It's just people don't like Hudson so like to kick up a fuss.

Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:16 am

Our defence has looked so much better this season, but that's what comes from having a 6ft 3 bruising centre half as manager. I think recently any combination including Ben Turner has worked and although it wouldn't have much pace to it, a Turner and Wes Morgan partnership would be massive

Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:15 am

Bluebird99 wrote:Our defence has looked so much better this season, but that's what comes from having a 6ft 3 bruising centre half as manager. I think recently any combination including Ben Turner has worked and although it wouldn't have much pace to it, a Turner and Wes Morgan partnership would be massive

agree ,also if you have got pacy full backs you can sometimes get away with it...

Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:20 am

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:
Bluebird99 wrote:Our defence has looked so much better this season, but that's what comes from having a 6ft 3 bruising centre half as manager. I think recently any combination including Ben Turner has worked and although it wouldn't have much pace to it, a Turner and Wes Morgan partnership would be massive

agree ,also if you have got pacy full backs you can sometimes get away with it...

I was thinking the same, Kev and Taylor aren't the quckest but certainly quick enough

Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:09 pm

beckett wrote:
Scruffy wrote:
beckett wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

Will be interesting to see, presuming we dont sign a centre back and the other 2 didn't sign extensions would mean we would be left with turner Quinn and maybe darcy returning from a loan??? Of course that is if all that have been speculated happens

exactly i just wouldn't want to take the risk with it Malky's got a huge problem with contracts at the end of the season tbh but i think he'll sort it out ;)

Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:48 pm

carlccfc wrote:

If and it is a big if, we get promoted this season, We will need better quality centre halves for the premier league so with these being out of contract could be a blessing for us.Get rid of all the deadwood and improve with 3 quality signings. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
This coming from me a Hudson fan but if we are promoted we will need better in my opinion to give us a chance. :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:19 pm

I'm not sure on Wes Morgan tbh.

although all good teams are built from the back.

who would have thought that monk and tate would play in the premiership.

I like kienan, gerrard and blake.

Hudson has made too many errors so hard to get excited about him. Turner too has made errors and is like a pedestrian for pace.
We have the highest goals against us in the top six even though we appear to be strong at the back now.

i'm hoping for a winger and an attacking midfielder/striker :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:27 pm

Would have to disagree with Ben turner, think he is a top centre half for this league and is no surprise our defence has tightened up since he broke into team.

Agree with all good teams build from the back and I love us getting clean sheets

Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:44 pm

beckett wrote:Would have to disagree with Ben turner, think he is a top centre half for this league and is no surprise our defence has tightened up since he broke into team.

Agree with all good teams build from the back and I love us getting clean sheets

I agree with that :ayatollah: -

i was trying to say that all players can make mistakes or get done (you only have to look at mcnaughton passing) but we still have support and faith in them - Hudson has played really well on many occasions yet i dont feel that he will be accepted by fans due to his mistakes.

the other CB's are either not good enough or MM (a centre half) doesnt see them as his type of player

Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:01 pm

Our defence has been brilliant since Turner came in. I just get the feeling that Malky is looking formhis partner now