Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Marvin Sordell would be my realistic target?

Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:35 pm

Scored another brace today, always gives 100% rekon he's an MM type of player, they know each other really well and I think he'd fit in our squad no problem, feck upsetting Watford - splash the cash as financially they're aren't really in a position to turn down a realistic offer surely?

Re: Marvin Sordell would be my realistic target?

Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:37 pm

Merlin wrote:Scored another brace today, always gives 100% rekon he's an MM type of player, they know each other really well and I think he'd fit in our squad no problem, feck upsetting Watford - splash the cash as financially they're aren't really in a position to turn down a realistic offer surely?

Good shout Craig :ayatollah: ...Watford fans would be well pissed off :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ....I rate Sordell :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:39 pm

I agree he is a fantastic player! Him and mgugan(spelling?) would give us a real chance at autos in my opinion!

Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:42 pm

Merlin wrote:Scored another brace today, always gives 100% rekon he's an MM type of player, they know each other really well and I think he'd fit in our squad no problem, feck upsetting Watford - splash the cash as financially they're aren't really in a position to turn down a realistic offer surely?

Good shout-a player with real pace as well. Him or Kris Boyd up front with Kenny.

Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:48 pm

Nice thought, but last I heard they were stable financially now.

Also looking at £1.5-£2m.

Does look a fine player mind.

Aren't Blackburn in for him too - which is weird as i thought they were as skint as an Indian chicken ?

Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:51 pm

I been touting him since July, still no bid yet though.

Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:59 pm

Didnt a Watford fan say when he took over that he wouldnt bring him as they didnt get on and he was dropped for most the season after X-mas in MM last season?

Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:44 pm

Craig I wrote in today's Echo that he is a player I would like to see here and maybe Paul Anderson of Forest.

Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:49 pm

carlccfc wrote:

Craig I wrote in today's Echo that he is a player I would like to see here and maybe Paul Anderson of Forest.

Anderson has dodgy hamstrings-he spends 50% of time on treatment table. Good player on his day. We desperately need an injection of pace.

Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:57 pm

carlccfc wrote:

Carl, don't you think Sordell is unrealistic though ? I do. Unless we have a LOT of money to spend. Matt Phillips would be another , but also out of our price range.

As for Anderson, good player, but too many injuries.

What about Kightley, his loan is up soon ? We need options in midfield and out wide, as well as a striker (maybe 2 if Parkin and Earnie leave). With Pompey in trouble maybe soemone from there .. Lawrence, Halford, maybe Kitson would all please me .

Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:07 pm

sordell is a cracking striker at championship level,dont reckon watford would sell for less than 2 million though
kightly impressed me last week and i believe hed be a great loan signing for us,would prefer him over an injury prone Anderson

Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:23 am

Lawnmower wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

Carl, don't you think Sordell is unrealistic though ? I do. Unless we have a LOT of money to spend. Matt Phillips would be another , but also out of our price range.

As for Anderson, good player, but too many injuries.

What about Kightley, his loan is up soon ? We need options in midfield and out wide, as well as a striker (maybe 2 if Parkin and Earnie leave). With Pompey in trouble maybe soemone from there .. Lawrence, Halford, maybe Kitson would all please me .

Spoiled a good post with dave kitson

Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:19 am

Sordell and Malky don't get on, fact! They had a big bust up last season according to Watford fans when Malky questioned his work rate and dropped him. This deal won't happen.

Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:09 am

i feel we should test the water with an offer of 2 mil for him... with add ons if we get promoted and stay there, just like the jerome deal with us.. its only what we were prepared to pay for goodwillie...

we wouldnt have to pay the 2mil upfront could be in installments. the whole deal could then be worth a potential 3mil+

i also think that mcgugan would be a good addition to the squad, depending on price.. isnt his contract up soon??

but i also agree that we def need a pacey winger.. , we could then benefit from cowie by playing him in the middle, where i feel he would be better use..

Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:19 am

For me....

Wes Morgan
Lewis McGuegan
Jimmy Kebe

Max £1.5m for the lot?

Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:23 am

Bluebird99 wrote:For me....

Wes Morgan
Lewis McGuegan
Jimmy Kebe

Max £1.5m for the lot?

jimmy kebe would be great!

Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:29 am

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:i feel we should test the water with an offer of 2 mil for him... with add ons if we get promoted and stay there, just like the jerome deal with us.. its only what we were prepared to pay for goodwillie...

we wouldnt have to pay the 2mil upfront could be in installments. the whole deal could then be worth a potential 3mil+

i also think that mcgugan would be a good addition to the squad, depending on price.. isnt his contract up soon??

but i also agree that we def need a pacey winger.. , we could then benefit from cowie by playing him in the middle, where i feel he would be better use..

McGugans contract is up in the summer

Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:30 am

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:
Bluebird99 wrote:For me....

Wes Morgan
Lewis McGuegan
Jimmy Kebe

Max £1.5m for the lot?

jimmy kebe would be great!

Kebes a good player but would prefer Adomah

Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:37 am

We couldnt afford the sordell fee +other clubs with cash to blow would want him im guessing :ayatollah: