Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Anyone have any 'Low Cost' Advertising ideas..?

Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:16 am

Midfield general wrote:Ready for the launch of my new company within the next week or so..?

Depends on the company and what it does I suppose.

Local stuff is usually footwork with flyers etc, Advertise competitions for those interested and obtain a database of potential customers.

Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:34 am

Midfield general wrote:Ready for the launch of my new company within the next week or so..?

What type of company is it mate?

I'm always on the lookout for low cost advertising for 12th Man Clothing, easier said than done though!

Social media is obviously the way to go these days, modern day word of mouth, direct to your target market, via your target market!

Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:53 am

Your RRP is the same as what your charging, just an observation, great products though. Good luck general :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:43 am

facebook page, get people to 'like' it then offer free samples or money off etc
run competitions, just get your name out there

Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:09 pm

Google adwords, thats all the advertising you need, you bid on keywords so say you want to rank in google for the word perfume you'll pay for the privilege but google will send traffic to your site which you will then hope converts to sales!

Pay per click advertising etc just do a search on google you should also set up google site analytics which tells you where your visitors are from etc!

Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:20 pm

I would have thought anyone who know about Biz would have already had a plan in place, and even already have had adds all over the place leading to the opening of the biz. :lol:
Or maybe you are doing it the conservative & Dave Jones way, no second plan in place . :lol:
Best you go stand on the corner and just shout out WE ARE OPEN ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:11 pm

Thats a very good looking site to be fair, but you use the term shopping cart :( its a bloody trolley or basket (bloody yanks) :old:

Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:51 pm

MG,

We are an Internet marketing company and the following are low cost methods of advertising:

• Search Engine Optimization of your website - no one can find it on Google using keywords the way it is currently written
• Inbound Links from other websites
• Inbound Links from website directories
• Affiliate Marketing
• Video marketing using YouTube
• Create a facebook fan page and post competitions/offers
• Monthly Newsletters to emailing list
• Banner Advertising
• Free Classified Advertising

If you want more information then send me a private message

Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:20 pm

My view:

Website looks good, well done. Clean and clear however I would look at cleaning up the XHTML and CSS errors including swapping £ to £

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http% ... -blue.html

WIth the SEO, do the basic things right i.e. meta tags and good clean code.....slowly build up links and take what you can get over time. Never make this your primary source of traffic/business model. If your looking to outsource this to any company ask for it in writing that you will get top 3 pos on x keyword and on a set deadline.....you will see that no companies will offer this so your paying them on a hope

Routes to Market:
Facebook/twitter as you say but you got to have a customer base to make this happen unless you just buy followers
Building a database of people ages between x and y and live in the UK - check the age of the content and mail shot
Google Adword - Pick keywords where no one else is currently putting ads on i.e. 'dark blue' to make it cheaper and buy traffic directly.
Amazon shopping - list all your products in the market place (£25 i think an account)
Create an XML feed of your products and push them over to Google Shopping
Sign up for the Google checkout to help with the promotion of your products on Google Shopping
Sign up for a business page on Ebay and sell your products via them (£15 i think for an account)

Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:11 pm

These perfume bottles are made in the Far East. Are you sure you want to support these countries. Perhaps you could source them from Welsh companies. Even worse these far east companies could be owned by Berjaya Corp. and you definately wouldn't want that would you.

Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:38 pm

on the back of the local cinema ticket, only industry that dont suffer massively in a recession, and advertising is cheap

Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:52 pm

Any jobs? :old:

Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:46 pm

Could you do a promotion to the cardiff city WAGs?
Get Carl to drop it in a story then.

Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:56 am

good luck with the business,just pm'd you...