Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" MORE PLAYER NEWS "

Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:25 pm

I have just had a text to say that Nat Jarvis has signed a 12 month extension to his contract at City and also that he will be going back out on loan to Newport County next week.

Also being told that Jon Parkin will leave City permanently this January.

And as being rumoured on here today I am also told that Earnie is being considered for a move away next month. Whether that is a loan or permanent I do not know but that is what the text said.

This has not come from a regular source of mine but thought I would post it out of interest.

Reading on here today that there are rumours about Earnie leaving, this does not surprise me as it is still my belief that Earnie was not Malky's signing. Earnie was on his way here before Malky was announced as manager.
His wages alone would free up valuable funds to improve our 1st team because Earnie is not going to get a look in unless Malky changes formation and brings in a target man.

Re: MORE PLAYER NEWS

Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:30 pm

carlccfc wrote:I have just had a text to say that Nat Jarvis has signed a 12 month extension to his contract at City and also that he will be going back out on loan to Newport County next week.

Also being told that Jon Parkin will leave City permanently this January.

And as being rumoured on here today I am also told that Earnie is being considered for a move away next month. Whether that is a loan or permanent I do not know but that is what the text said.

This has not come from a regular source of mine but thought I would post it out of interest.

that doesnt suprise me with parkin to be honest.... however i am suprised by earnie.... unless we really are bringing in a striker on loan or perm etc...

if parkin does leave, jarvis also onloan and earnie, that leaves us with miller and rudy... we must sign another striker.

Re: " MORE PLAYER NEWS "

Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:30 pm

Jarvis posted on his twitter about the extension and loan so must be true ;)

Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:32 pm

Cheers Carl :ayatollah: Looks like the fun transfer month is about to start :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:32 pm

Scruffy wrote:Jarvis posted on his twitter about the extension and loan so must be true ;)

Sorry didn't know of that tweet, good news for the young lad though.

Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:33 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Cheers Carl :ayatollah: Looks like the fun transfer month is about to start :ayatollah:

I love the transfer window especially deadline day. Remember when Chops returned minutes before deadline :D

Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:36 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Scruffy wrote:Jarvis posted on his twitter about the extension and loan so must be true ;)

Sorry didn't know of that tweet, good news for the young lad though.

yeah definitely he needs as much game time as possible to get to his full potential and imo hes not going to get it her.

Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:40 pm

Any idea of possible targets Carl?

Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:40 pm

carlccfc wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:Cheers Carl :ayatollah: Looks like the fun transfer month is about to start :ayatollah:

I love the transfer window especially deadline day. Remember when Chops returned minutes before deadline :D

deadline day is great... im glued to it.. all the will he wont he sign etc...

Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:46 pm

Surprised thru extended his deal but good for him :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:49 pm

Could Earnie be going back to Notts Forest on loan and McGugan come this way.

Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:54 pm

Its important that we get players out who aren't playing, to free the budget for ones who can press for starting places. So on the face of it, if this comes off then good news.

Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:57 pm

Would be sorry to see Earnie go, but he never got over that miss at Wembley. I know he scored next game for us ( Donny if I remember correctly ), but that was one of those career changing horror misses. Besides, it never really worked, him and Miller up front together.

Sure that Malky has got something in mind :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:10 pm

I was a massive Earnshaw fan and I am not against him either now,he is just slower with age ect.
But I strongly believe, Malky had nothing what so ever to do with him coming to Cardiff and the deal was already done before Malky was officially made manager.

Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:13 pm

carlccfc wrote:

Could we sign him for a 3rd time! :lol:

Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:42 pm

canton blue wrote:Could Earnie be going back to Notts Forest on loan and McGugan come this way.
:thumbup: :ayatollah: :lol:

Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:31 am

Thats great Carl but any chance of any coming in?! :lol: ;)
Well at least we save some money from these wages and hopefully be a chance that we can defientley bring in more players! :D :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:31 am

Merlin wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

Could we sign him for a 3rd time! :lol:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:59 am

Shame about Earnie really. He was looking forward to spending his last few years playing for City.

Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:03 am

JonCCFC wrote:Shame about Earnie really. He was looking forward to spending his last few years playing for City.

Agree - but if his attitude isn't up to scratch, then he'll soon be gone.

Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:23 am

im sorry to say i told you so. but earnie was a poor signing, and i said it from day 1. while the rest of you were creaming your pants,although im not happy to be proved wrong? :roll:

Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:06 am

Midfield general wrote:
I said excatly the same. I have never liked players/managers going back to their old clubs and this is further proof that it doesn't work.

I would welcome Aaron Ramsey back any day and his loan move back to us is proof in itself that it can work!

To be fair to Earnie, of course he isn't the player he was, but he would have bagged a good few goals for us with a different type of strike partner. Sure he isn't currently as good as Miller but I would still love to have him here should Miller get injured as he would get more goals than either Mason or Gestade. Trouble is he no doubt wants to play at this time of his career and if suggestions are right that he wasn't a Malky signing which his admission from the subs bench suggests then he will probably be off to enable the club to bring in a younger cheaper replacement

Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:16 am

REALLY?

A player on loan will leave Cardiff? :shock:

A twitter account! :o

Earnshaw can't move though... It must be against league eligibility rules....

I wish I could pop Baker's 'I SMELL BULLSH8T' Poster here

Would be very apt, NQAT IMHO

Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:23 am

DannyBluebird wrote:REALLY?

Why would Earnshaw moving be against eligibility rules? He has only played for one club this season.

Is there a I SMELL CCMB poster? :roll:

Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:32 am

Earnie was getting game time at the start of the season (even if he did play poorly) but in the last few months he hasn't had a sniff (even with Rudy injured). I believe something's gone on behind the scenes with him.

He's a good player but Malky must have his reasons.

If he's not going to play what's the point in having him here?

Just my opinion.

Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:34 am

DannyBluebird wrote:REALLY?

Football league rules say he can't play for three clubs in one season. He has only played for us so signing for another team is fine.

Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:58 am

http://www.blueandamber.proboards.com/i ... read=76896

They seem to think Wildig is being released.

Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:37 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:http://www.blueandamber.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=76896

They seem to think Wildig is being released.

Yes but he also says in the same quote that Shrewsbury is the hardest training he's ever had??? More than Malkys pre season?? Yeah right ok

Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:04 pm

Cheers Carlos. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: