Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Is malky being stubborn like dj re players

Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:34 pm

We have a group of players who have performed for us when we have been in and around the play offs and for other teams who have been in and around the play offs. Malky though is hardly giving them a sniff resulting in a tired squad and has in fact got shot of a couple of them on loan when we are trying to strengthen the squad with players who may not be any better than those we already have.

I am talking about
Keinan (playing for palace who are doing well)
Gyepes (been a good performer in successful city teams)
Quinn (seems to be out of favour)
Blake (welsh international who is firmly on the outs)
Parkin (scored goals at our level and is a trier)

It seems that malky has his view and is set in his ways and we criticised dj a lot for that. Defensively we are strong in the squad yet valuable money was spent on a new centre back pushing 2 international centre backs further away from the team. It was clear money needed to be spent in other positions.

Re: Is malky being stubborn like dj re players

Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:38 pm

are you insane?

Gyepes?? utter wank
Quinn and Blake need to earn a start, not just expect to
Keinen...MM likes big strong centre halves, Keinen doesnt fit that.
Parkin.....id rather play turner up front to be honest.

Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:38 pm

i dont think any of the players above are good enough to get in the first team, maybe blake on the bench but none of the others.

i think mm is a good judgement of talent and most of those are lacking in it..

Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:07 pm

maccydee wrote:We have a group of players who have performed for us when we have been in and around the play offs and for other teams who have been in and around the play offs. Malky though is hardly giving them a sniff resulting in a tired squad and has in fact got shot of a couple of them on loan when we are trying to strengthen the squad with players who may not be any better than those we already have.

I am talking about

It seems that malky has his view and is set in his ways and we criticised dj a lot for that. Defensively we are strong in the squad yet valuable money was spent on a new centre back pushing 2 international centre backs further away from the team. It was clear money needed to be spent in other positions.

But Malky gives youth a chance, he gives everyone a chance. Darcy i do rate
and wish he'd been given a crack, but can anyone say that he could have done
a better job than when Joe Ralls came on??

As for Parkin?? Come on mate, you cant be serious. He's pants

Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:11 pm

taffyapple wrote:
maccydee wrote:We have a group of players who have performed for us when we have been in and around the play offs and for other teams who have been in and around the play offs. Malky though is hardly giving them a sniff resulting in a tired squad and has in fact got shot of a couple of them on loan when we are trying to strengthen the squad with players who may not be any better than those we already have.

I am talking about

But Malky gives youth a chance, he gives everyone a chance. Darcy i do rate
and wish he'd been given a crack, but can anyone say that he could have done
a better job than when Joe Ralls came on??

As for Parkin?? Come on mate, you cant be serious. He's pants

you cant argue with that, he gave earnie a run, saw it wasnt working made a change, same with parkin, same with gerrard, and now with conway.. he gives all a chance but if they dont work , hes not affraid to change to plan b.. etc..

Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:28 pm

All managers are stubborn, all think differently but all stubborn. Would be the same if any of us were manager.

Don't think anyone in that list above deserves a start over anyone playing at the moment. Most or all should be sold ideally.

Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:26 am

2blue2handle wrote:All managers are stubborn, all think differently but all stubborn. Would be the same if any of us were manager.

Don't think anyone in that list above deserves a start over anyone playing at the moment. Most or all should be sold ideally.

I would argue Keinan alongside Turner might be pretty awesome but other people may argue differently. The players seem knackered and I would say a bit of squad rotation is needed.

Parkin scored 28 goals in 100 games for Preston at Championship level. That is not too shabby a number in my opinion. He can hold a ball up too. That number is similar to the amount the revered Leo Fortune West scored for us.