Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" WHO IS THE BIGGEST CLUB ? "

Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:26 pm

" CARLING CUP SEMI- FINAL 2 LEGS. "

WEMBLEY FOR THE WINNERS. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

CRYSTAL PALACE or CARDIFF CITY ?

We have sold 2,246 tickets to go away to Palace so far.

Palace have sold 2,960 to come to Cardiff so far. :shock: :shock:

Palace home is a near sell out., minus our support. :shock: :shock:

Cardiff's home game thousands and thousands of tickets left. :shock:

I am sure this will create an interesting debate. :ayatollah:

Re: " WHO IS THE BIGGEST CLUB ? "

Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:29 pm

I'll try and go to the away leg but will defo go to the home leg. :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:32 pm

We are the biggest club but this is a bigger game for Palace I think it's fair to say. When was the last time they went to Wembley where as we've been there 3 times in the last few years. Palace at home isn't the most exciting of games. :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:33 pm

From Facebook.

DAI JONES says We need 2 sell out en get behind the lads simples.
2 minutes ago · Unlike · 2

NEIL DISSON says Sounds like lots of people are waiting to see what happens at Selhurst Park before committing to the home leg. Genuine fans should buy tickets now !!
about a minute ago · Unlike · 1

Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:34 pm

From FACEBOOK

VINCE ALM says
Palace have nearly sold out there home tie and done 2900 on the away leg so far! " PUTTING US TO SHAME AT THE MOMENT "

Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:38 pm

NEATHBLUES wrote:We are the biggest club but this is a bigger game for Palace I think it's fair to say. When was the last time they went to Wembley where as we've been there 3 times in the last few years. Palace at home isn't the most exciting of games. :ayatollah:

I have always believed that we are, but our home and away leg should be guaranteed to be sell outs.
Its a Semi-Final.
If it had been Man UTD and costlier for tickets, both games would of sold out in 48hrs.

Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:43 pm

Will be going to Palace for the 1st Leg and hopefully watching the 2nd Leg and the final in Sydney, Australia. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Last edited by nobber on Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:44 pm

nobber wrote:Will be going to Palace for the 1st Leg and hopefully watching the 2nd Leg in Sydney, Australia. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Will be thinking of you my friend, you going on the forum coach ? :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:46 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
nobber wrote:Will be going to Palace for the 1st Leg and hopefully watching the 2nd Leg in Sydney, Australia. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Yes Annis, looking forward to the trip and the company. :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:48 pm

After Christmas I cannot afford to go to the away leg. I'll be at WBA on the 7th. Hopefully i will be at the Saints away game and Blackpool home at start of Feb. :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:48 pm

nobber wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Yes Annis, looking forward to the trip and the company. :ayatollah:

Great. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:49 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:After Christmas I cannot afford to go to the away leg. I'll be at WBA on the 7th. Hopefully i will be at the Saints away game and Blackpool home at start of Feb. :ayatollah:

Gareth, totally understand we cant make all games nowadays, I cant anymore, but were suppose to be a big club, no way should Palace sell more than us home or away.

Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:52 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:After Christmas I cannot afford to go to the away leg. I'll be at WBA on the 7th. Hopefully i will be at the Saints away game and Blackpool home at start of Feb. :ayatollah:

Gareth, totally understand we cant make all games nowadays, I cant anymore, but were suppose to be a big club, no way should Palace sell more than us home or away.

Very true-maybe it means more to Palace fans than CCFC as they have had 5 or 6 years of suffering (admin etc) whereas we have had 3 trips and still have a great chance of promotion.

Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:59 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Very true-maybe it means more to Palace fans than CCFC as they have had 5 or 6 years of suffering (admin etc) whereas we have had 3 trips and still have a great chance of promotion.

True, but they have spent seasons up in the Premier and also have a very good chance of promotion. David Temme once called our fans cherry pickers, I turned on him for that. Hmm

Imagine if it was MAN UTD ?

If it was Man Ure, Citeh, Chelsea etc i'm sure i would find the cash/borrow it/sell my premium bonds. The trouble is the game is on the TV as well which doesnt help plus alot of people will be waiting on the outcome of the 1st leg before buying

Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:00 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

True, but they have spent seasons up in the Premier and also have a very good chance of promotion. David Temme once called our fans cherry pickers, I turned on him for that. Hmm

Imagine if it was MAN UTD ?

If it was Man Ure, Citeh, Chelsea etc i'm sure i would find the cash/borrow it/sell my premium bonds. The trouble is the game is on the TV as well which doesnt help plus alot of people will be waiting on the outcome of the 1st leg before buying

Exactly.

Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:21 pm

All I will say is if it had been Man Utd/Liverpool/ManCity, my phone would of been red hot, with me ignoring them.

Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:21 pm

the sad thing about it is people are waiting to see the result of the 1st game.if it was the other way around we would have sold more than palace. people are not going to go to the 2nd leg if we're 3 down simple as that. if it is close going into the return leg we will sell out (or nearly sell out)

Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:22 pm

Forever Blue wrote:All I will say is if it had been Man Utd/Liverpool/ManCity, my phone would of been red hot, with me ignoring them.

Will tickets go on general sale or will i have to get an away membership?

Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:22 pm

:| it just goes to show how tight/disloyal and suttle some of our fans are,

the palace games are on tv so if the sales dont pick up fast it basically means they would rather sit in their arm chairs and watch the games.

I personally gotta give palace fans some credit with so many big teams within radar they stay loyal, , if arsenal and chelsea were 15 miles away alot of welsh football fans would go there rather than city stadium

Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:23 pm

Palarse would not sell that many if we charged them £30 for a s*** view in a depalidated stand.

If we are 2/3 goals up after the first leg lots of them will return their tickets. They are only edging their bets on this.

Also we have had 3 trips to Wembley to their nil, in recent times.

City also have Notts Forest away, WBA away and Doncaster away as well as Palarse all in 2 weeks (plus home to Reading).

All are bigger games, nicer places to go, and a lot cheaper than that shithole of a place.

It is midweek, hard to get to (tube strikes imminent??), bad weather they always seem to call off games. lots of excuses there.

Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:26 pm

glas wrote:Palarse would not sell that many if we charged them £30 for a s*** view in a depalidated stand.

If we are 2/3 goals up after the first leg lots of them will return their tickets. They are only edging their bets on this.

Also we have had 3 trips to Wembley to their nil, in recent times.

City also have Notts Forest away, WBA away and Doncaster away as well as Palarse all in 2 weeks (plus home to Reading).

All are bigger games, nicer places to go, and a lot cheaper than that shithole of a place.

It is midweek, hard to get to (tube strikes imminent??), bad weather they always seem to call off games. lots of excuses there.

Disagree, we should compliment other fans when they deserve it, they are buying their tickets without knowing the first leg result. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:26 pm

ccfc_cotta wrote::| it just goes to show how tight/disloyal and suttle some of our fans are,

the palace games are on tv so if the sales dont pick up fast it basically means they would rather sit in their arm chairs and watch the games.

I personally gotta give palace fans some credit with so many big teams within radar they stay loyal, , if arsenal and chelsea were 15 miles away alot of welsh football fans would go there rather than city stadium

Spot on. :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:35 pm

Palace fans have bought their tickets not knowing if they will still be in the tie, they could be 2-0 down before they leave selhurst park on Jan 10th.

We should be selling more than have at home and away, regardless of the opposition this is a Carling Cup semi final after all.

Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:57 pm

some of our fans might not be bothered about going to wembley for the 4th time but all palace fans will as they haven't been there. i'm going to both legs :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:59 pm

This should be posted on a palarse messageboard. :D

Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:01 pm

As the home supports go, we got just under a month too sell our tickets. Plus today is the last day for season ticket holders too purchase their seats, that will spark a rush.

I think our support has been great this season.

Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:04 pm

Billy Hunt. wrote:As the home supports go, we got just under a month too sell our tickets. Plus today is the last day for season ticket holders too purchase their seats, that will spark a rush.

I think our support has been great this season.

I second that. :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:04 pm

you have to look at the difference in pricing for both away legs. also semi finals are the norm for us at the moment lol

Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:14 pm

Annis, tomorrow is my 450th consecutive home & away league or cup game and im lucky enough to be able to afford this horrendous amount of away games at the moment. However if I had to pick one game to miss, itd unfortunately have to be Palace. Its a first leg game, so nothing will be decided and its on telly. If people are picking and choosing their games them I'm not at all shocked its the palace game, that will suffer. For the more casual away follower you've got to appreciate its the month after Christmas and for most an extended period of time until their next pay packet.

Why can't we just be proud that despite having 5 away games in 19 days, we took 1800 to Watford, 1000 to Forest, 1000+ to WBA and will probably take near on 3000 to Palace, despite it being a hard period financially for many at the moment, instead of looking to pick holes in our support.

Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:17 pm

Forever Blue wrote:" CARLING CUP SEMI- FINAL 2 LEGS. "

WEMBLEY FOR THE WINNERS. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

CRYSTAL PALACE or CARDIFF CITY ?

We have sold 2,246 tickets to go away to Palace so far.

Palace have sold 2,960 to come to Cardiff so far. :shock: :shock:

Palace home is a near sell out., minus our support. :shock: :shock:

Cardiff's home game thousands and thousands of tickets left. :shock:

I am sure this will create an interesting debate. :ayatollah:

When the tickets came on sale Palace made an offer where fans who bout tickets to the away and home games would get better priority for final tickets.

Why doesnt our club offer these sort of deals to encourage fans to get the tickets now. Ive bought tickets for both home and away and im and ambassador so it doesnt affect me. But how about they offer anybody who travels away the priority for 2 tickets to wembley? and give priority for final tickets to whoever attends the home leg above all season ticket holders. This will encourage pople to buy the tickets and will reward the fans that have supported the carling cup run and not just fans who want a wembley ticket.