Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " BE HONEST PLEASE "

Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:20 am

Why does everyone believe that we will have a go next season ? Whats so special about next season .............same as last year its now we need to strengthen .

Wouild love to have haed our goalkeepers and Bellamy for replay match - reckon we may have been in prem - no one knows

Malasians need to come out and say intentions - wont be long or if we lose too many games peole will moan as for last 4 seasons weve had success of wembley and play off finals

MM still doing good job but lets see come May - he did same at watford then failed

Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:31 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Be honest please when answering.

I have seen quite a lot of negative posts on different mb's of late, not so much on here, but since our dip in form and not much activity in the transfer market for months.

Are you optimistic and believing we can honestly stay in the top 6 till May ? No just miss out this year, but come back stronger next season, will def not blame Malky. Really hope I am wrong.

Do you believe our board will spend big/ok/not at all ? Not much.

Do you still back Malky 100% and believe he can take us up in the next 3 years ? Yes and def if backed. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Annis, a LOT will depend on any movement (in and out) in the next few weeks; BUT....

I believe we are as good as anyone in this division match by match (including the Hammers) but we might suffer from a little lack of strength in depth (a recurring issue in recent seasons)

I don't think our Board will spend 'big' and I don't believe Malky will particularly ask them to; preferring instead to make practical 'team-based' signings rather than 'showing off' like our previous manager did. Indeed, I think the policy is now one of getting the RIGHT players at the RIGHT price/wage rather than paying big money to big players with even BIGGER ego's!!

It is a toughy but our players have a lot more 'heart' in them than in previous years and I believe we CAN finish 'top 6' at worst (maybe even top 2) as I am an eternal optimist where our beloved Bluebirds are concerned

I am one that didn't necessarily see the need to get rid of the previous manager BUT I am big enough to admit when I might have been wrong. Malky has been a breath of fresh air to this club (as a personality and as a man manager) and I firmly believe the club deserve credit for securing his services

Only time will tell (and you and I have seen it all before) but I have a very good feeling about where this club is going in the next year or two

In Malky (and the players and the Board) we trust!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:37 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Be honest please when answering.

I have seen quite a lot of negative posts on different mb's of late, not so much on here, but since our dip in form and not much activity in the transfer market for months.

Are you optimistic and believing we can honestly stay in the top 6 till May ? No just miss out this year, but come back stronger next season, will def not blame Malky. Really hope I am wrong.

Do you still back Malky 100% and believe he can take us up in the next 3 years ? Yes and def if backed. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Yes we will be in top 6 come May. Our board will strengthen come January but will not go overboard then the foundations will be in place. At the end of the Season I think the board will let go the purse strings and allow Malky to sign players capable of going that step further, if we are not already there. If we are already there by next season I expect new investment into the club and then the skys the limit. I back Malky 100% and so do the board :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:11 pm

Still 100% optimistic that we can make the top 6 at least.

Fully behind Malky and the team and I can see no reason for any negativity at this stage.

We do need a few extra players brought in and I do expect the board to recognise this and provide funds where possible.

In Malky we trust - KEEP THE FAITH!!!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:31 pm

Why does everyone believe that we will have a go next season ? Whats so special about next season .............same as last year its now we need to strengthen .

The summer is when you can build and improve the squad with players out of contract and because of no transfer window putting pressure on players have reasonable prices. Put it this way we wont be getting players like Cowie, Gunnarsson and Taylor on frees in January, to sign them in Jan would prob cost the club around 4m+ thats the difference

January is the time to pay over inflated prices for average players.

Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:35 pm

If we don't sign any players in the window, I genuinely believe we can still make top 6.

I'm very optamistic and as I've said before. If we finish in a respectable top10 position I will be very happy and will not jump on Malky's back and call for him to leave.

I wholeheartedly back Malky 100% and think, given the right resources, he can deliver. :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:46 pm

Are you optimistic and believing we can honestly stay in the top 6 till May? Yes and I hope it's top 2

Do you believe our board will spend big/ok/not at all? They will not spend big but I think they will spend on what is needed, and I'm glad of that because Malky needs 100% backing

Do you still back Malky 100% and believe he can take us up in the next 3 years? I will always back Malky 100% and I honestly believe that he will take us up this year

In Malky we trust :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:40 pm

before the season started i would've taken a top 10 place with all the players that left and with he new signings taking time to settle in,but the team has done better than i expected so i think a top 6 place is a possibility,though we will need some new signings in january to help the team/squad as we will get injuries and suspensions throughout the course of the season.the first 11 i believe is as good as any other team in the championship and when all fit we can beat them all but if not we could struggle in the later months of the season.

the board i think will give malky some money though i dont think it will be a massive amount,but with the signings malky has already made,im confident however much is available to malky he will get the right players for the club and at the right price.

whatever happens this season,wherever we finish il be 100% behind malky as he has turned us into a team that will fight for each other til the end,unlike some superstars of previous years and im enjoying the football

in malky i trust

Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:38 pm

I'm not bothered about getting in the top 6. Dont get me wrong because I'd love for us to achieve promotion, but we have to give Malky a fair go at this. Even the most blinkered fan would admit our squad isnt strong enough.
I've noticed a few fans moaning because we are drawing games lately but thats so unfair. DJ had 5 years before he got to the play-offs.
Give him the 3 years and then we have the right to criticise if we fail. Anything before that must be seen as a bonus surely?

Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:39 pm

Bluemellons wrote:I'm not bothered about getting in the top 6. Dont get me wrong because I'd love for us to achieve promotion, but we have to give Malky a fair go at this. Even the most blinkered fan would admit our squad isnt strong enough.
I've noticed a few fans moaning because we are drawing games lately but thats so unfair. DJ had 5 years before he got to the play-offs.
Give him the 3 years and then we have the right to criticise if we fail. Anything before that must be seen as a bonus surely?

I agree with you :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:43 pm

I think we will Definetly be in the top six!
And yes I think Malky will be the man to take us up, whether it be this season or next !!

Don't think the board will spend big, as there seems to be some sense now in terms of signings and wages!

But will hopefully spend what we need!

In Malky we trust!
I personally hope he is our boss for a long time to come :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:49 pm

I think mid table at best, under malkey I fully trust and believe in his ability, but I know for a fact the board are not going to back malkey with any finance this season. They might next year, if this season goes well, but I can assure you the only money the malaysians will make available this season is the wages for loan signings. :ayatollah: in malkey I trust tho! :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:35 pm

well with my thoughts we are a top 6 team at the moment . we can still be there at the end as long as malky gets at least 3 players in, in jan . i for one am still realy looking forward to the rest of season whatever happens :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :old: come on you bluebirds :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:18 am

" GREAT TO SEE 95% OF EVERYONE ON HERE IS SO POSITIVE "

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE, BLUEBIRDS :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:36 am

I'm confident that we will make top six. The negative fans who are moaning due to our last couple of results really are deluded if they think with our small squad that we should be doing better.

Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:21 pm

Do you still back Malky 100% and believe he can take us up in the next 3 years ? Yes and def if backed.

Yes I think he can do it but I don't think we've got any GOD given right to go up, even if we spend big.

I think we can challenge for the Top 6 and I've always seen this year as a rebuild Job so if we miss out , I'll be gutted, but not blame Malky .

If we do make the Playoff's I think we'll be a true force under Malky

That's the trouble, You like a lot on here have been wanting the Club to live with in it means , yet we all want to Club to go out and spend money on players we can't have it both ways , either we push the boat out and get into more debt or we should be happy where we are and with the Squad we got , because that's all the Club can really afford.

Tbh honest Malky done such a good Job, it would be nice to see what he could do with a few million

Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:42 pm

smilebit wrote:
Do you still back Malky 100% and believe he can take us up in the next 3 years ? Yes and def if backed.

Yes I think he can do it but I don't think we've got any GOD given right to go up, even if we spend big.

I think we can challenge for the Top 6 and I've always seen this year as a rebuild Job so if we miss out , I'll be gutted, but not blame Malky .

If we do make the Playoff's I think we'll be a true force under Malky

That's the trouble, You like a lot on here have been wanting the Club to live with in it means , yet we all want to Club to go out and spend money on players we can't have it both ways , either we push the boat out and get into more debt or we should be happy where we are and with the Squad we got , because that's all the Club can really afford.

Tbh honest Malky done such a good Job, it would be nice to see what he could do with a few million

Well you also need to make up your mind Your post " it would be nice to see what he could do with a few million " :lol: :lol:

Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:41 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Well you also need to make up your mind Your post " it would be nice to see what he could do with a few million " :lol: :lol:

But I'm not the one that companied about Dave Jones or Peter Ridsdale spending money on players and wages that the Club did have . You did and yet now you want the Club to go out and spend money ?.

I always like the Club to push the boat out and give for it myself always have done and always will do,