Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" BE HONEST PLEASE "

Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:59 pm

Be honest please when answering.

I have seen quite a lot of negative posts on different mb's of late, not so much on here, but since our dip in form and not much activity in the transfer market for months.

Are you optimistic and believing we can honestly stay in the top 6 till May ? No just miss out this year, but come back stronger next season, will def not blame Malky. Really hope I am wrong.

Do you believe our board will spend big/ok/not at all ? Not much.

Do you still back Malky 100% and believe he can take us up in the next 3 years ? Yes and def if backed. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " BE HONEST PLEASE "

Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:03 pm

Yes I do but I wont be disappointed if we dont :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I feel it doesnt need to be huge amounts of money just an ok amount :ayatollah:

and I hope the last questions a joke, of course I (and hope everybody does) do, I believe hes the man

Malkys barmy army :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:05 pm

yes optimistic about top 6

we don't need to spend millions in the transfer window . our current squad is good enough as it is .Only sign if we lose a player

play off's are the best we can achieve and then it's down to lady luck

We can stay in the top six with a bit of luck - however as life shows us, luck very seldom arrives in the doses we require. Any injury in the team right now would affect us adversely.

I don't believe the board will spend much - if they do, it will only be arrived at due to our cup run - which in itself requires more money, never mind our first team squad.

I still have complete faith in Malky, however I am worried that despite what he says to the media, the stress of not having recuited more players will or indeed has affected his judgement slightly.

I have seen the figure of £750K being bounced around a lot recently, & that is usually about right for January, but history will tell us that its usually the clubs with the biggest squads that achieve their objective.
God forbid, but i think we will narrowly miss out, again!

Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:09 pm

Still a long way to go this season, ive said it a few times this season that so far it has been the most exciting year for a long long while. New signings or not I'm looking forward to the remaining games.

Even without any new signings I can see us pinching a play off spot, I would have settled for that at the beginning of the season.

Bring on Forrest and lets get a much needed 3 points. :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:10 pm

Aslong as we dont suffer to many suspensions and injuries I believe we can put up a fight and stay in and around the top 6. We have the quality and fight to stay there with our current squad but we just lack strength in depth if anything does go tits up.

Ill understand if the board doesnt spend big, we need to look after the club's finances before anything. I would obviously like to see players brought in in Jan but thats not just down to finances either. I think in the next few years the board will spend more and more each year as hopefully the finances will be more controlled throughout the club.

Ill back Malky till the end, he's been a revelation since he has been here, his coaching ethos, his choices in the transfer marker and his attitude has been immense so far. I think if he is given the time to build a squad and not a team which over 3 years is possible we could well get promoted.

Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:12 pm

I want to go up automatically.

At present our team competes / beats most others, but we need a bit extra to go that extra bit....a couple of match changers are needed...something a bit different that others don't have.

It may cost a bit .... but the rewards.....??

Wouldnt say Negative just people have jumped on the high horse because we are so high on the table!
We should all accept that teams below got way betters players and depth but havent got the manager with the power MM has!
If we had our side last year with MM in charge it would be a lot different!
If MM had a bigger team back in the summer we would be up there in front of West Ham! :ayatollah:

I wouldn't even class this as a dip in form.

100% behind MM.

As for investment come Jan, if we have the money then great if we don't then no problem we go with what we got

Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:13 pm

My hearts saying we will finish in top Six and my heads saying we will finish around 10th place!

I also think the board will back Malky but with only 3 Million max this year!

Malky Mackay is already showing he can work wonders however if he is not backed fully over next 3 years (depending he stil here) I feel he wont be the man to take us up because every year the championship is getting stronger and more premiership players are coming to championship and if he is not backed 100% we will not have a good enough team to challenge and I feel most of our high potential players will go including McNaughton and Whitts!

This is my honest answe Annis :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:13 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Be honest please when answering.

I have seen quite a lot of negative posts on different mb's of late, not so much on here, but since our dip in form and not much activity in the transfer market for months.

Are you optimistic and believing we can honestly stay in the top 6 till May ? Yes

Do you believe our board will spend big/ok/not at all ? Well I would like to see one player come in only to prove Midfield General wrong.

Do you still back Malky 100% and believe he can take us up in the next 3 years ? Take us up.....not saying

Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:14 pm

barry boy wrote:I want to go up automatically.

At present our team competes / beats most others, but we need a bit extra to go that extra bit....a couple of match changers are needed...something a bit different that others don't have.

It may cost a bit .... but the rewards.....??

We already tried that one... Remember!??

Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:18 pm

Think we'll be in the play offs this year if we get decent backing, but if we just miss out I wont be dissapointed like in recent years. However if we dont go up next year that'll be a lot different. But I still have 100% faith in Malky :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:21 pm

The only recent disappointment was the Boro defeat. The points at Millwall and Watford were OK. So far, we are doing very much better than I expected. Remember that this is basically a new team. We could just as easily be in relegation trouble. A top ten finish would suit me fine. Give Malky three years. 100% behind him.

Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:25 pm

annis,thats all i want is a team that give 100%,we have this at the moment,if we go up great,if we dont,its not as if the team are not giving their all. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:27 pm

Only if Malky is backed by the board and given funds in january will we be in the top 6 come may. Malky is working absolute wonders with such a small squad and its bound to take its toll at some point, hence us needing the new blood to come in

Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:30 pm

Annis fair play to the team both on and off the pitch we are demonstrating enough effort and stamina to stay in the top 6. If however Malkie is backed and a few quality players are brought to the club who knows what could transpire?

Given where we were in the summer if you offered me this position at Christmas I and thousands of others would have bitten your arm off. The board last year backed a manager who we all know now lost the changing room hence our fall out of the playoff positions. Our job as supporters is to get to as many games as we can in huge numbers and sing our hearts out and support the effort the team is putting in. If we make the playoff's great if we fail what another great year it has been. Don't forget guys January see's us in the semi final of the League Cup. Tell mr the last time this has happened to our great club!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:32 pm

i honestly believe we have exceeded our expectations so far this season....

on saying that why not take advantage of the situation and push on.. we have a great nucleus of a squad and with just a small acquisition theres no reason why we cannot finish in the top 2 or top 6.. i have seen nothing from any other club to suggest that there is an out and out winner is this race.. everyone can be beaten ..

why wait til next season again??? lets get the tools in to do the job now.. we dont have to break the bank to get this..

I said from the start this is a free season in my eyes. I really don't care what happens with regards to transfers. I feel the lads are playing well above their station right now but full credit to them, we are exceeding expectations and part of me is sadistically hoping we don't sign anyone so that these lads get the chance to finish what they've started this season.

I have full faith in Malky, in the board and the players. They have given us what we have craved for years, a well managed club that is well run and has players that give everything. They don't owe us anything except what they are already giving. :ayatollah:

Are you optimistic and believing we can honestly stay in the top 6 till May ?

yes i believe we can stay in the top 6 but without new players i dont believe we can make top 2 or win the play offs.

Do you believe our board will spend big/ok/not at all ? OK meaning sensible

Do you still back Malky 100% and believe he can take us up in the next 3 years ? we will get promoted next year after we build on the foundations put in place this season :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:41 pm

I think we can definately get that top 6 by may, with help from the board of course. Will not blame Malky if we don't go up or fail in the play-offs, we've had 5 new staff members, including a manager and 11 new players. I honestly believe if we don't go up or don't get that top 6, we will come back much much stronger next season! :D :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:42 pm

Are you optimistic and believing we can honestly stay in the top 6 till May ?
Of course...optimism keeps the momentum of the team and fans going.

Do you believe our board will spend big/ok/not at all ?
That assumes there's anyone available in January who meets our criteria (quality, wants to join, not a bench warmer). Big assumption!

Do you still back Malky 100% and believe he can take us up in the next 3 years ?
The only way to succeed is to fully commit so yes we must all fully back him. That will help the team's confidence aswell as the man's own confidence! Promotion is dependent on so many factors, you can never guarantee it but certainly we have a fighting chance.

Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:53 am

Under DJ we had the quality but not the Quantity and despite having a different type of quality now we will still fall short if we don't have the quantity.
We already know our board are wealthy but not reckless and are prepared to bide their time, they see it as a cross country race and not a 100m sprint.
If Malky is able to bring in a couple of player on loan or purchase then who knows we could be lucky, if not then I feel we will not be able to keep up with the pacesetters.

Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:03 am

Are you optimistic and believing we can honestly stay in the top 6 till May ? If we keep up the work and form and have no injuries then yes. A couple of top players would give us the chance for promotion.

Do you believe our board will spend big/ok/not at all ? OK.

Do you still back Malky 100% and believe he can take us up in the next 3 years ? I think the board will have to back him for a chance of progress and I think we will be in the Prem for 2013/14. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:45 am

As most will already know I think we will finish around 10th position with the current squad we got. If we strengthen in the right areas ie. striker, winger and right full back then we could very well achieve a play off place. But in answer to your question Annis I will for the time being stick with my 10th position based on the current squad.

Will Malky have backing? Of course he will but it will not be to the tune of millions, we have seen how the club is dealing with transfers and I expect that to continue, I have no doubt Malky will utilise the loan window in January.

We will not sign anybody immediately when the transfer window opens but will have to wait to see what business the Premier League clubs undertake before we are likely to bring anyone in ourselves.

The 25 man squad that is in force in the Premier League may help us so worth keeping an eye on them.

Whatever our finish this season IMO Malky has achieved something really special already by bringing the fans and the team closer together plus a Carling cup semi final to look forward too.

This season was always about rebuilding and to be in the pay offs halfway through the first stage of the first rebuilding season is a remarkable achievement of which Malky, his staff and players can be immensely proud.

Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:56 am

being honest i would have to say that if we dropped out of the top 6 now I would be gutted, I was not expecting anythingthis season but the way the team has played and picked up points has been remarkable, if we were to slide second half of season then it would be no differnt to a Dave Jones season...

and will be gutted if we dont makethe final pf the Carling

Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:56 am

carlccfc wrote:As most will already know I think we will finish around 10th position with the current squad we got. If we strengthen in the right areas ie. striker, winger and right full back then we could very well achieve a play off place. But in answer to your question Annis I will for the time being stick with my 10th position based on the current squad.

Will Malky have backing? Of course he will but it will not be to the tune of millions, we have seen how the club is dealing with transfers and I expect that to continue, I have no doubt Malky will utilise the loan window in January.

We will not sign anybody immediately when the transfer window opens but will have to wait to see what business the Premier League clubs undertake before we are likely to bring anyone in ourselves.

Whatever our finish this season IMO Malky has achieved something really special already by bringing the fans and the team closer together plus a Carling cup semi final to look forward too.

This season was always about rebuilding and to be in the pay offs halfway through the first stage of the first rebuilding season is a remarkable achievement of which Malky, his staff and players can be immensely proud.

To finish 10th we need to pick up about 62 points for the season. That's 23 points from 23 remaining games. I can not see this side, without any additions, having such a bad second half of the season. Trust in Malky's.

Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:04 am

Magners wrote:
carlccfc wrote:As most will already know I think we will finish around 10th position with the current squad we got. If we strengthen in the right areas ie. striker, winger and right full back then we could very well achieve a play off place. But in answer to your question Annis I will for the time being stick with my 10th position based on the current squad.

To finish 10th we need to pick up about 62 points for the season. That's 23 points from 23 remaining games. I can not see this side, without any additions, having such a bad second half of the season. Trust in Malky's.

Hope I am wrong Magners but if we go with the squad we got, there will be injuries, suspensions and fatigue so I believe it is possible but as I keep saying if we strengthen then depending who comes in my opinion will change.

Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:08 am

[quote="Forever Blue"

Are you optimistic and believing we can honestly stay in the top 6 till May ? Why not? we've only lost 4 games all season and are a difficult side to beat because of our play till the final whistle attitude, any team that wants to beat us will have to outwork us as well.

Do you believe our board will spend big/ok/not at all ? Not much.
Sensibly I hope, TG has already stated that Malky will be backed in Jan and I don't think he's a liar.

Do you still back Malky 100% and believe he can take us up in the next 3 years ? Yes and def if backed. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote]
Without a doubt, he's a breath of fresh air and gets the best out of the players.